Best Key Lime Pie?

allen.crawford

We did a Key Lime crawl last week in Key West. Our top vote getter was Key Lime Pie Outlet on Greene. Kermits was a close second and a bit tarter. We had the Blond Giraffe on our list but alas we did find them closed. No other pie was near the top two for us.

We are thinking of doing this on our visit to Key West. Do you have a review of what you did? Can you tell me a little more where you went and tried?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mattheessen's. It is right on Duval, immediately before Ripley's Believe it or not. Easy walking distance from the ships.

http://i48.tinypic.com/206eey0.jpg

The second pic is the view you would see if you are walking east down Duval (away from ship). This picture was taken from the north side of the street, looking south at the bakery.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2e1ul9w.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any recent takers on the Greatest Key Lime Pie debate? From what I've read here it seems like Kermitt's and Matthensen's are the most recent winners. I'll be visiting Key West in January and can't wait to try some delicious pies!!

Let us know what you find on your trip - and who your winner is!

Let us know what you find on your trip - and who your winner is!

We went to the Key Lime Pie Factory, and had a tough time deciding on the regular pie versus the chocolate covered on a stick. I decided on the chocolate covered and it was so good!! It was delicious and I am getting hungry for it just thinking about it :)

Just got back from Key West this week--went to Blue Heaven for lunch and had some amazing pie despite not being much of a meringue fan. Later on had Key Lime Pie Co pie on a stick. Blue Heaven won my vote for the day.537989_190002891146316_366014072_n.jpg

That is BEAUTIFUL!! I love merangue! I know where I'll be going!! Did you only have the pie at Blue Heaven, or did you eat a meal there as well? If so, any suggestions? (I don't wanna be too full for dessert though!)

• 4 weeks later...
Just got back from Key West this week--went to Blue Heaven for lunch and had some amazing pie despite not being much of a meringue fan. Later on had Key Lime Pie Co pie on a stick. Blue Heaven won my vote for the day.537989_190002891146316_366014072_n.jpg

THAT is my idea of key lime pie. Looks just like when I make it at home. I know purists will say it should have whipped cream instead of meringue, but I LOVE meringue.

Where is Blue Heaven? Or rather, how do I get there from the port?

THAT is my idea of key lime pie. Looks just like when I make it at home. I know purists will say it should have whipped cream instead of meringue, but I LOVE meringue.

Where is Blue Heaven? Or rather, how do I get there from the port?

Just walk up Duval St (or Whitehead) until you reach Petronia St. turn rt and walk to Thomas and you will be at Blue Heaven.

Enjoy!

Mike:)

Blue Heaven's Key Lime pie is my favorite! As a side note, they will serve it to you at breakfast. It's not on the menu but when I specifically asked for it they had no problem serving it to me. This is especially helpful if you're ship is docked from 7am-1pm and want to try a slice!

• 6 months later...
Blue Heaven's Key Lime pie is my favorite! As a side note, they will serve it to you at breakfast. It's not on the menu but when I specifically asked for it they had no problem serving it to me. This is especially helpful if you're ship is docked from 7am-1pm and want to try a slice!

That is great to hear with my ship being there at that time! :cool:

Kermit's is our favorite. Especially the frozen key limr pie slice dipped in chocolate and the key lime white chocolate cip macadamia nut cookies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Kermit's has a new frozen Strawberry Key Lime Pie slice dipped in White Chocolate!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
where can we get a frozen chocolate covered key lime pie slice on a stick? and what is the cost. Last time I was in Key west, we had one and it was very delicious.

You can find them all over town for around $4.

Walgreen's, The Key Lime Pie Company, Kermit's locations etc.

Mike:)

• 1 month later...

I will be in Key West a little over a year from now and I've been patiently reading all the posts about who makes the best key lime pie.

My conclusion is - there is no consensus. Therefore my wife and I (both of us love key lime pie) are going to have to try several and make our own decision.

It's tough, I know.

I'll get back to you all in November 2015.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...