Museum tickets in Florence

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Disabled Cruise Travel
Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:20 AM.
Morris County, NJ
266 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Has anyone been to the museums in Florence in a scooter? I know that tickets are free for the disabled and one other person but is that the case if you aren't an EU citizen? Also, do we have to reserve the tickets in advance?
Moon Township, Pa
23,173 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Unless you want to wait in line for hours, it's necessary to get time stamped tickets that you purchase early. Some of the museums aren't totally accessible and many times the elevators don't work. Unless they changed things, there was a step into the Academia for the David statue.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Darcie
Morris County, NJ
266 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Thanks Darcie. I do think that I've read that there is a ramp, albeit steep one.
I'm bumping this up in the hope that someone will know that answers to my questions.
Gulf Shores, AL (USA)
45 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by ZellaLamb
Thanks Darcie. I do think that I've read that there is a ramp, albeit steep one.
I'm bumping this up in the hope that someone will know that answers to my questions.
Did you get answers to your questions and/or have you already cruised? We are leaving June 21st.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June 2015 - Vision of the Seas - 12 night Mediterranean Venice
March 2011 - Carnival Elation - 5 night Western Caribbean
October 1998 - Enchantment of the Seas - 7 night Western Caribbean
SF Bay Area
724 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Originally posted by AlabamaBeachCat
Did you get answers to your questions and/or have you already cruised? We are leaving June 21st.
I visited the Accademia last November in a wheelchair (manual). They take you in through the exit and I think there is just a small lip there. I don't remember it being a problem. We reserved the tickets in advance on-line (there was a fee for the reservation, but not for the tickets). When we got to the museum, they refunded the reservation fee. The same thing happened at the Uffizi.
Gulf Shores, AL (USA)
45 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by DUTRAVEL
I visited the Accademia last November in a wheelchair (manual). They take you in through the exit and I think there is just a small lip there. I don't remember it being a problem. We reserved the tickets in advance on-line (there was a fee for the reservation, but not for the tickets). When we got to the museum, they refunded the reservation fee. The same thing happened at the Uffizi.
Thanks so much for the information. I wondered if they would refund the fee if we purchased online.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June 2015 - Vision of the Seas - 12 night Mediterranean Venice
March 2011 - Carnival Elation - 5 night Western Caribbean
October 1998 - Enchantment of the Seas - 7 night Western Caribbean