“Live” from the "Allure of the Seas": Western - Nov 17-24,2013

Lynchburg, VA
5,255 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Hey, from your pics, it looks like Giovannis doesn't have the lasagna at dinner? Boo, that changes my plans for first dinner on the Grandeur.

Also, I found this on google. Ask Andy if his last name is Singer, I think he designed this.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

My MSC Seaside review https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2621564
Telford PA
1,257 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
The salts in 150 are fantastic! You said that the crew doesn't know much about the beverage package, have you had issues? it went so well on Celebrity. Hand the card get a drink and no bill!! Double scotches around!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Harmony of the Seas B2B East and Western Caribbean
Celebrity Silhouette ( British Isle Tattoo )
Celebrity Equinox (Ultimate Caribbean)
Celebrity Silhouette (Baltics)
Anthem of the Seas (Western Mediterranean)
NCL Getaway ( Haven) (Eastern Caribbean)
Carnival Cruise 3 (Caribbean)
Princess Cruise 2 (Southern Caribbean)
Celebrity Reflection (Eastern Mediterranean and Eastern Caribbean)
Oasis 2 (Eastern Caribbean)
Allure 2 (Eastern and Western Caribbean)
Adventure of the Seas 2 (Southern Caribbean)
Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by countess5
The salts in 150 are fantastic! You said that the crew doesn't know much about the beverage package, have you had issues? it went so well on Celebrity. Hand the card get a drink and no bill!! Double scotches around!
Oh the beverage package is flawless, no issues at all. Excellent service. I mean that as with the new packages that were to go into effect on 11/15. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Rhapsody of the Seas. February 18, 2018
Independence of the Seas. March 01, 2018
Oasis of the Seas. November 4, 2018

Past "Live" Trip Reports

RCCL - Oasis of the Seas "Live" cruise report. November 12-19, 2017. "Live" report can be found HERE

RCCL - Brilliance of the Seas "Live" cruise report. December 12-16, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Allure of the Seas "Live" cruise report. Nov 17-24,2013. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 19-26, 2013. Back -2- Back. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Jewel of the Seas "Live" cruise report. April 13-18, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Monarch of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 20-23, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE
CCL - Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom B2B "Live" cruise report. November 8-17, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.
CCL - Carnival Ecstasy "Live" cruise report. December 3-8, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.

CCL - Carnival Ecstasy. Nov 24-27,2000. Report can be found HERE.

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Oasis of the Seas(1), Harmony of the Seas(1), Enchantment of the Seas(3), Monarch of the Seas(2), Jewel of the Seas(1), Allure of the Seas(1), Brilliance of the Seas(2)
Carnival Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy(2), Carnival Freedom(2), Carnival Legend(2), Carnival Inspiration(2), Carnival Imagination(2), Carnival Fantasy(2), Carnival Sensation(2)

Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Good Morning Everyone, Welcome to Day 5.
What?? Day Five already??

Today's Compass

Today is a wonderful day at sea. Sea days are my favorite!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

RCCL - Oasis of the Seas "Live" cruise report. November 12-19, 2017. "Live" report can be found HERE

RCCL - Brilliance of the Seas "Live" cruise report. December 12-16, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Allure of the Seas "Live" cruise report. Nov 17-24,2013. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 19-26, 2013. Back -2- Back. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Jewel of the Seas "Live" cruise report. April 13-18, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Monarch of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 20-23, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE
CCL - Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom B2B "Live" cruise report. November 8-17, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.
CCL - Carnival Ecstasy "Live" cruise report. December 3-8, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Oasis of the Seas(1), Harmony of the Seas(1), Enchantment of the Seas(3), Monarch of the Seas(2), Jewel of the Seas(1), Allure of the Seas(1), Brilliance of the Seas(2)
Carnival Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy(2), Carnival Freedom(2), Carnival Legend(2), Carnival Inspiration(2), Carnival Imagination(2), Carnival Fantasy(2), Carnival Sensation(2)

Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by maureencruiser
Hey, from your pics, it looks like Giovannis doesn't have the lasagna at dinner? Boo, that changes my plans for first dinner on the Grandeur.

Also, I found this on google. Ask Andy if his last name is Singer, I think he designed this.

Lol. This is awesome. If his last name isn't singer, it surely applies to him though. :-)

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Chicago, IL
2,253 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by #1TravelMom
Another random question - you may or may not be able to answer. There are character appearances - some labeled "professional" and others labeled "bring your camera". I'm interested in knowing if they allow photos with personal cameras at the "professional" appearances.
I can answer that, only because I was reprimanded and asked to put my camera away. The professional appearances are taken by the ships photographers--no personal cameras allowed!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL Empress of the Seas-9/1993
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas-2/1998, 5/2003, 4/2005, 11/2006
RCCL Majesty of the Seas-5/2001
Disney Wonder-9/2003
RCCL Voyager of the Seas-4/2002
RCCL Navigator of the Seas-6/2004, 3/2009, 2/2017, 11/2014-"LIVE" REPORT http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2124668
RCCL Adventure of the Seas-4/2008, Mariner of the Seas-6/2010
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas-3/2006, 2/2016 B2B "LIVE" REPORT http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2316711
Jewel of the Seas - 2/2012, 2/2013
RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 11/2012, Independence of the Seas - 2/2014
RCCL Allure of the Seas - 11/2013, Oasis of the Seas -2/2015-"LIVE" REPORT http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2170518
RCCL Harmony of the Seas - 11/2016
Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
My beautiful view from my balcony this morning. It's a nice sunny and warm day at sea..

Lots of folks enjoying breakfast at Johnny Rockets this morning.

Practice about to take place at the Aqua Theater

Kids menu in the dining room last night

Prohibition Party tonight! Wahoo. You can pre-book this thru your account on RCL. Just go into specialty Restaurants and you'll see it there.

You can also get it once your on the ship. It's a popular event and only limited folks can go though, so I'd recommend getting it before you get on the ship.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Made my way to Johnny Rockets for breakfast. Ran into Lisa & A there and had a great break with them.

Andy joined us for breakfast too. Guess he had to much TV in the cabin with the towel animals.

Breakfast was very good.

After breakfast we departed our ways and I got a Bloody Mary. Now here I sit behind the Aqua Theater enjoying this nice drink and wonderful views. Later today I will enjoy lunch at Izumi's and the at 3 gear up for our pub crawl. Moving along to dining in the dining room with my new peeps followed by the Prohibition Party. Other fun adventures to fall in between.

This is how I felt yesterday. I was so tired I was knocked out on the beach. How do you like the shirt Andy bought me? "when life gives you lemons, add vodka."?

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Texas Hill Country
16,256 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Love love love the shirt!!!

how many peeps have you actually had to share the secret balcony with this week??? Just making plans for May! Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
+
184 Days at Sea with RCCL
14 with Celebrity
4 with Carnival

Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Andy enjoying his time at the stern of the ship

The Starboard side engines are doing most of the work pushing us. Can see it with the wave push out. :-)

Met up with Bugsy at the stern of the ship and we made our way to The Boardwalk Bar for a drink or two or six.

Some tasty drinks for Bugsy & I.

We had some nice conversation with one of 80 honeymoon couples on the ship. This is her first time cruise and his 2nd cruise.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
More of our mid day drinks.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Appleton, Wisconsin
1,975 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by MrFunInTheSun
More of our mid day drinks.

That looks so good! Do you remember what it was?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Allure of the Seas
(Western)- January 2015
Navigator of the Seas
(Western)- January 2010 Introduced my sister to cruising!
Liberty of the Seas (Western)- April 2009 Kids First Cruise
Review
Radiance of the Seas (Eastern)- November 2007 Honeymoon Cruise
Greater Toronto, Ontario, Canada
578 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
Sure can. I purchased it a couple months before the cruise. Just log into your account on RCL and access your reservation and then go under specialty restaurants. You'll see all the packages there. You save $ 10-15 than if you buy that package on board. That is also the same place to pre-purchase the prohibition party.

Thanks.

Did you mean it is even cheaper to purchase it on board than on-line?

Ricky
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by Ricky Chan
Thanks.

Did you mean it is even cheaper to purchase it on board than on-line?

Ricky
Cheaper to order it before your cruise online. ;-)

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

623 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Quick question do you have any idea if the maple syrup at Johnny Rockets is in fact real maple syrup or that crap maple flavored syrup ?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lauren
Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
After Bugsy & I went our separate ways to have lunch in two different venues... Me on the way to Izumi's. Bugsy was off to Gio's with Breezy & Husker. I made a stop and made a donation to make a wish. Depending on your donation amount you can get a tee shirt, beach towel or an arm band. I donated $20 and got a tee shirt and an arm band.

Made my way to Izumi's. Today's lunch menu.

For $15 you get the soup, edamame and your choice of two sushi rolls.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Central Illinois
133,764 Posts
Joined Apr 2008

Made my way to Izumi's. Today's lunch menu.

For $15 you get the soup, edamame and your choice of two sushi rolls.
First time I've seen an Izumi menu without prices. We did Izumi for lunch on Legend recently and it was $3 cover and individual prices. Interesting - I wonder if the fixed pricing is Allure only, or might spread to other ships.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
My lunch views and awesome food.

Edamame

Miso soup

Rainbow Roll & spicy Crispy Shrimp

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Spent a little time around the beach pool with some of my new friends.

Happenings around the ship today.

Lots of fun and relaxation going on. We could not ask for a more beautiful day out here at sea...

On my way down to the Boleros bar where they are having a how to make the perfect Mojito. Once that is over we will have a CC bar crawl.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises: