- We are a couple in our late 40's, early 50's -- recently married -- who are looking to see Alaska. DH, for the first time, me almost 25 years ago.
- We are BOTH chubby, NOT the hiking, outdoorsy type. We are sightseers who want to see all the WOW we can... the beautiful MAJESTIC LANDSCAPE, NORTHERN LIGHTS, and some animals/whales if we can.
- My DH gets SEASICK and we just survived our Hawaii honeymoon cruise, but only with heavy-hitting meds.
- We hope to cruise end of May or June next year or late August/September of 2015 to takes advantage of good cruise deals.
- We are both executives who are bargain shoppers, but do like nice places to stay... no budget motels, nor B&B's. But knowing what they REALLY cost as business travelers, we try to go as nicely but as inexpensively as we can. Bottom line -- we shop for VALUE.
- We would rather do things independently (than on a group bus) but don't mind group tours occasionally.
- We have NOT chosen a cruise line yet, but have sailed on most. Not important.
- We are not history or museum buffs... rather interactive experience type of people.
If you were planning a trip for us BEFORE our southbound cruise -- what would be the MUST-SEE things you would recommend? Where, what, why?
Where would you suggest we stay?
Yes, we will be doing tons of reading, but I would appreciate your "gotta do this -- this was INCREDIBLE" direction to guide our research.
Coral Princess Panama Canal 2016
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas 2015
Star Princess 2014
Norwegian Majesty 2009
Norwegian Jewel 2006
Carnival Conquest 2004
Disney Magic 2002
Big Red Boat 1998
Princess Alaska 1993
Chandris Bermuda 1990
NCL Norway 1989
Royal Caribbean 1985
Honeymoon Dolphin 1982