ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc. etc

Skier52

Oh my goodness! :eek: Thanks for the heads-up! My mail carrier will just love me (not!)!!

I did email MSC to report the error message/website glitch but never heard anything back from them.

Does anyone know if MSC has a dedicated U.S. site, or is everything handled in Europe?

Hey neighbor!!! I grew up just outside of Utica, NY. http://Http://www.msccruisesusa.com

Hi Mike

We live between Syracuse and Rochester; guess we're former "NYS Thruway" neighbors!:)

I've been reading the MSC boards for the past couple of weeks. We are thinking about "jumping ship" from Regent, which we love, as they have priced themselves out of our league. We love the all-inclusive/small ship experience. The closest thing I have found, other than Silversea and Seabourn (getting too expensive as well) is the Yacht Club on the Divina. Don't know if I can get my husband on a ship this big, but maybe I can convince him of the "ship within a ship" concept. Wish me luck!;)

Thanks to you and all who share info on this board!

I have a quick question regarding MSC Club membership. I see that the 2015 enhancements allow one who hasn't sailed on MSC to join the Club before sailing (at least that's how I would interpret: "Opportunity to enrol before your cruise.")

The problem is that everything I've seen in the Club section of the MSC website speaks in terms of only being able to join after one's first cruise. :confused:

Could someone please clarify? Perhaps is it due to the fact that the above reference is from MSC's UK website and I'm looking at the website for the U.S.?

I have a quick question regarding MSC Club membership. I see that the 2015 enhancements allow one who hasn't sailed on MSC to join the Club before sailing (at least that's how I would interpret: "Opportunity to enrol before your cruise.")

The problem is that everything I've seen in the Club section of the MSC website speaks in terms of only being able to join after one's first cruise. :confused:

Could someone please clarify? Perhaps is it due to the fact that the above reference is from MSC's UK website and I'm looking at the website for the U.S.?

We were able to sign up(USA) prior to our first sailing HornedFrog. I would call MSC USA to verify though.

Hi HFrog, we did our 1st MSC cruise in Feb this year - 33 night Dubai to Fremantle on Orchestra. We couldn't enrol in MSC club before cruise but filled out form while on board. When we got home found we were silver members.

Loved the ship and crew were brilliant. Food was a bit hit and miss but always plenty of options at the buffet. Overall would recommend.

We were able to sign up(USA) prior to our first sailing HornedFrog. I would call MSC USA to verify though.

I will do. Thanks so much for your reply!

Thanks also skyline009 . . . it's always a little unsettling venturing out on a new cruise line. I'm glad you enjoyed your time aboard the MSC Orchestra!

• 3 weeks later...

Have found the info here very helpful as it's 2 years since my last MSC cruise.

I'll be in a Fantastica balcony - how does the flexible dining option work?

Also, the UK website price for the all-inc is coming up at £22 a day for me rather than £20.

Also, the UK website price for the all-inc is coming up at £22 a day for me rather than £20.

Flexible dining is only available with the Aurea Experience, not Fantastica.

The Allegrissimo price of £20pd is for sailings from April 2016.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canny_cruiser viewpost.gif

Flexible dining is only available with the Aurea Experience, not Fantastica.

The Allegrissimo price of £20pd is for sailings from April 2016.

It does say "Flexible Dining for Fantastica Balcony guests only"

I'm not sure how it works for Fantstica guests, but for Aurea guests ther is a dining "Host" with whom you arrange your dining times. He should be available at check-in to discuss you requirements with you ( at least that is what happened for us) These may be a block booking for the entire cruise or individual bookings made more frequently , even on a daily basis

I can only assume that similar arrrangements are put in place for the Fantastica guests

experience%20FANTASTICA.jpg

Pete

Pete .......... I've been in a Fantastica Balcony cabin and wasn't afforded "My Choice Dining" on Fantasia class. However, I did see it for Fantastica balconies on Sinfonia for October 2016 sailing.

I'm wondering if it depends on what class ship you're on or if it will be across the board from 2016 (I'm assuming you're quoting from the April 2016 brochure) :confused:

This is the current info from their website regarding the Fantastica level:

A. Choice of dinner seating (subject to availability)

B. Priority in choice of dinner seating

"A" meaning Early or Late seating.

Pete .......... I've been in a Fantastica Balcony cabin and wasn't afforded "My Choice Dining" on Fantasia class. However, I did see it for Fantastica balconies on Sinfonia for October 2016 sailing.

I'm wondering if it depends on what class ship you're on or if it will be across the board from 2016 (I'm assuming you're quoting from the April 2016 brochure) :confused:

This is the current info from their website regarding the Fantastica level:

"A" meaning Early or Late seating.

My screen dump is from the UK's 2016/017 virtual brochure

this is what the 2015 / 2016 brochure says

fantastica%2015%2016.jpg

so it looks like the change will come about after April 2016 and up till that date the choice will be of priority in choice of early/late sitting.

Here's a quote from their FAQs about the new pricing structure

Dining choice. How will it work?

Guests booking Bella cabins express their choice at the time of the booking but they receive confirmation only after the check-in.

Guests booking Fantastica cabins will be granted priority choice of dining times in our gourmet restaurants. The final assignment will be confirmed on board.

Guests booking Aurea cabins will have access to the Dining Room at any time during service, including the break between first and second seating (guests will refer to the Daily Programme delivered in the cabin for opening and service time). A dedicated area in the main dining room will be allocated in order to accommodate them.

Guests booking MSC Yacht Club will have access to a dedicated Yacht Club restaurant, benefiting from a flexible choice of dining time.

And another quote

Does the 'Experience' always contain the same items?

Yes, the experiences are always the same.

E.g. "Fantastica" FEATURES the same items right across Cabin categories & Ships

which answers the question as to whether it will depend on the class of ship

I take it "Gourmet restaurant" means MDR and not "speciality Dining"

Pete

Edited by Skier52

MSC USA informed me that the features of the different Experiences differ from region to region,,,,I was hoping for the MY CHOICE DINING option on our January 2016 sailing.:(

They obviously do!!

Here are the fantastica perks as given in the USA; UK; Australia

USA

they get CASH as well

fantusa.jpg

UK

fantastica%2015%2016.jpg

AUSTRALIA

They get the small print which gives the effective start date for priority dining:- 20th April 2016

fantaus.jpg

What does an Aussie get if he books a European cruise departing before 20/04/16, many of them do ?

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I copied your "Fantastica Experience" screen shot you posted Pete and attached it to my message when I inquired about "My Choice Dining" option for Fantastica Experience Balcony bookings and let them know that it was from a 2016 brochure. MSC USA responded back letting me know to check the experience packages every so often as they may make changes to them periodically.

Edited by Mikesa1721

Here are the fantastica perks as given in the USA; UK; Australia

USA

they get CASH as well

fantusa.jpg

Pete

Pete, I don't see what you mean about USA getting cash as well. :confused: The "Free ($200 value)" refers to the imaginary value of the Fantastica perks listed below. Is there something else about cash that I missed? Thanks!

I copied your "Fantastica Experience" screen shot you posted Pete and attached it to my message when I inquired about "My Choice Dining" option for Fantastica Experience Balcony bookings and let them know that it was from a 2016 brochure. MSC USA responded back letting me know to check the experience packages every so often as they may make changes to them periodically.

Something I've noticed on the US list, Mike ............... room service delivery after 11pm to 6 am incurs a charge of $3.95. In Europe, delivery is free over the 24 hrs!!

They (Australians) get the small print which gives the effective start date for priority dining:- 20th April 2016

Pete

Notice that it's the Lirica class ships that will offer "My Choice Dining" from April next. One of the restaurants will be allocated to the service. It's as a result of the Renaissance project and the added balcony cabins. I don't think it's going to be a feature on the other class ships for Fantastica balconies.

Something I've noticed on the US list, Mike ............... room service delivery after 11pm to 6 am incurs a charge of $3.95. In Europe, delivery is free over the 24 hrs!!

You're correct Bea,,,and on the Australian site in small print it says (surcharge prices may apply).

Pete, I don't see what you mean about USA getting cash as well. :confused: The "Free ($200 value)" refers to the imaginary value of the Fantastica perks listed below. Is there something else about cash that I missed? Thanks!

My mistake. I just read it as free money to the value of $200, now I see what it means.

Immediately before seeing the Fantasia perks I'd seen this and now you can see where i got misled

msc%20usa.jpg

Pete