ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc. etc

Skier52

Notice that it's the Lirica class ships that will offer "My Choice Dining" from April next. One of the restaurants will be allocated to the service. It's as a result of the Renaissance project and the added balcony cabins. I don't think it's going to be a feature on the other class ships for Fantastica balconies.

We had "My Choice Dining" on the MSC Armonia last January on our Canary Islands cruise. All suite- and balcony cabin guests were allocated to the La Pergola Restaurant. Excellent food and service:)

We had "My Choice Dining" on the MSC Armonia last January on our Canary Islands cruise. All suite- and balcony cabin guests were allocated to the La Pergola Restaurant. Excellent food and service:)

Yes, post-Renaissance - not all of the Lirica class have been stretched, yet, so My Choice Dining hasn't been rolled out across the class. The final is MSC Lirica which is due to be stretched and refurbished by Nov 2015. I have to wait 'til Oct 2016 to experience it on Sinfonia. Hopefully it will be as terrific as yours was in La Pergola on Armonia.

we had pay for a balcony cabin on board msc armonia.

finally 2 days before geting our ticket we have been upgreaded to aurea suite for free.

Refering to the msc site we find out that our cabin (1211) is noted as aurea suite,but in our cruise ticket its refered that our fare experience is fantastica.

Any suggestion what is valid?

finally 2 days before geting our ticket we have been upgreaded to aurea suite for free.

Refering to the msc site we find out that our cabin (1211) is noted as aurea suite,but in our cruise ticket its refered that our fare experience is fantastica.

You have been given an aurea suite with a Fantastica "Experience" - you won't get the Aurea "Experience" which would include a drinks package and a massage.

FRom the FAQ section of the new pricing structure

If the new cruise is of higher value the difference will be paid by the passenger. If the new cruise is of lower value the difference (no more than 25%) will be offered as onboard benefits (such as: credit, upgrade, drinks package etc). When a complimentary upgrade is offered, our guests will benefit from the higher category cabin (from Bella to Fantastica for example), but not receive the benefits (pre-cruise or onboard).

You get the bigger cabin but that is all, AS Beamafar says,

No free drinks package ,

No massage,

No toweling robe and slippers

No access to the dedicated sundeck

No priority boarding

possibly no "My time" dining in a dedicated part of the MDR.(depends on your local arrrangements over my time dining)

All the above may come to you if they forget to tell the staff you are an upgrade and not an Aurea paying guest.

The possiiblity is they may forget as comunication with the ships is not the best in the world

1211 is a lovely cabin you'll enjoy being in it even without the extras

It should be similar to the one I had on sinfonia

P1040341.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 3 weeks later...
I have just started looking at MSC for a possible cruise in the future. This thread is very helpful/ I was just wondering- is the Bella experience like getting a guarantee room? Is there a possibility that you may be assigned a better class of room?

Thank you.

If you have a "Bella" cabin and get an upgrade only the cabin is upgraded eg. inside to Ov , or. inside or OV to balcony; The Bella experience doesn't get upgraded to Fantastica.

So if they play the old upgrade the insides because they are selling out and they want to keep the "cruise from" selling price low by always having some available , then an upgrade could be on the cards, and the most likely upgrade would be bella insides, but only to a "better" cabin

Pete

Thank you for your response. I was only wondering about the room, I did not even think about the experience upgrade. It makes sense that only the room may be upgraded.

Is the any "anytime" dining on MSC? Is it formal every night?

'Anytime' dining is only available as part of the Aurea or Yacht Club Experience. Otherwise it's early and late seating in the MDR. There are usually 2 formal (Gala) nights on a 7 night cruise. Not everybody dresses up, so, as long as you're smartly dressed, there isn't a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have contacted MSC regarding the my choice dining on our cruise on the splendida in September 2016. We are Fantastica balcony. I'll let you know what they say when they reply.

We have a linked booking with another couple and have requested a table for 4 early sitting at present, however would prefer my choice dining if available. Does anyone know what happens if you turn up to the restaurant and they don't have an available table for 4 for example? On p&o they just give us a pager and let us know when a table becomes available.

We are very sociable, however my husband doesn't like eating in front of strangers due to a medical complaint so we prefer to just eat with our traveling companions.

• 1 month later...

I've never sailed with MSC before and just had a few questions. I booked a Bella experience, we don't normally get roomservice or take advantage of the fitness classes or trainers. We mainly lounge in a chair, see a show, use the pool, and do some of the daily activites. Would it be beneficial to book the Fantastica experience or not? Also, is the dining room included with the cruise fare? I keep hearing people saying it's al a carte and heard you have to pay in the dining room like a regular restaurant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've never sailed with MSC before and just had a few questions. I booked a Bella experience, we don't normally get roomservice or take advantage of the fitness classes or trainers. We mainly lounge in a chair, see a show, use the pool, and do some of the daily activites. Would it be beneficial to book the Fantastica experience or not? Also, is the dining room included with the cruise fare? I keep hearing people saying it's al a carte and heard you have to pay in the dining room like a regular restaurant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Main Dining Room(MDR) is part of the fare you pay.

However if you elect to have the Bella experience there is chance that you may not be able to have your evening meals seated in the MDR but have to be seated in the buffet, albeit with the MDR menu.( read the small print, marked with one asterisk, at the bottom of the image in post #7 on the first page of this thread). If a seat in the MDR is not important to you then save the money and go with the Bella experience (check first that the Bella and Fantastica prices are different, sometimes they have them at the same price point).

Pete

Edited by Skier52

...MSC's policy of treating countries differently regarding info and offers can be very confusing and frustrating. :mad:

Not just info and offers, how about prices? I am in Portugal and just priced up a 7 night cruise for friends on Musica departing Kiel on 21 May. As I do not speak Portuguese very well, I worked on the UK version of the MSC website where the cruise in an inside Bella is listed for £839 or, at today's exchange rate, €1175.

Anyone want to have a guess how much it costs to buy this same cruise in Portugal?

€379!!!!!!! Rip off Britain or what!

UK here

Portugal here

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great information. I recently booked my first MSC cruise for a 7 night our of Naples in May, and I'm a little confused. I have booked the Bella based on cost, but is it possible that we will NOT have a seat in the MDR for dinner? Also, we booked it with a promo that includes shipboard credit, any comments on how to best spend it? Excursions, dining, etc?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the great information. I recently booked my first MSC cruise for a 7 night our of Naples in May, and I'm a little confused. I have booked the Bella based on cost, but is it possible that we will NOT have a seat in the MDR for dinner? Also, we booked it with a promo that includes shipboard credit, any comments on how to best spend it? Excursions, dining, etc?

Thanks!

A) if the ship is full there is a possibility of you getting the MDR service in the buffet and NOT in the MDR.

B) OBC can be used to buy anything on the ship, excursions, speciality dining, duty free, etc. but it will also offset some or all of the daily service charge (gratuities by another name). Just treat it as money in the bank (basically your on board account )

Edited by Skier52

Excellent thread. I'm booked on the Armonia for the end of April next. I booked a while ago (but after they changed the prices of Alegrissimo). Interestingly I am not getting the cheaper price of Alegrissimo. Although I have decided that when I ring to next make payment off my cruise I am changing it to Alegrissimo Premium as the range of wines is MUCH better than the regular Alegrissimo. Also GELATO!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be interested to know about bringing bottled water aboard, as well.

I called and they said they don't allow food or drinks to be brought onboard. If you bring a bottle of wine, they will hold it until the end of the cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any fees , costs or missing things on MSC cruises that I should be aware of ? Having cruised almost all the majors we have certain expectations at what does or doesn't come with the base rate . We have not cruised with NCL and it seems that it is closest to the MSC , more of an "a la carte" model then the lines. BTW , I am surprised that soda/water and 1 bottle of wine PP are not allowed on . Each business can make it's own policy but I am surprised .

Just made a booking for March '17 on the Divina . Frankly going Fantastica over Bella was a no brainer based on the cabin size . We reserved a cabin with 191 sq. feet and a 121 sq foot balcony .(Had to highlight the balcony size .:D:eek:). I'm not sure what if any of the other "upgrades" we would use . Possibly the continental breakfast .