italytoursharing.com

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Italy Ports
Capri, Florence, Genoa, Naples, Palermo, portofino, Rome, Sardinia, Sorrento, Taormina, Venice
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:04 AM.
#1
10 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Okay, after much research I have decided to use italytoursharing.com (akd Joe Banana Limo) I am going to book 3 ports to get the discount and then post on the roll call from what I am reading. The reviews are excellent for this Italy Company and I have a friend that used this company as well. He loved them.

My question on here, is do you ever have trouble filling the tours? I dont want to sign up and then not get "8" on each tour?

Thanks so much.
#2
DFW,Texas
232 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
I arranged a tour with italytoursharing for the Amalfi Coast in Oct,2014. We had a wonderful time and a great driver/guide. Excellent communication and assistance thru out the booking process. Looking forward to doing business with them again in the fall of this year. Btw, I had no problem filling our tour
for 8pp from our roll call.
#3
venice, fl
1,013 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
What if there are only 4 people on your roll call? Is there a way to get others on different ships to join you or people that are doing land based vaca?

Thanks

Cheryl
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


1. NCL Windward 1/1995 Southern Caribbean
2. Sun Princess 1/1997 Western Caribbea
3. Rhapsody of Seas RCI 1/1998 Southern Caribbean
4. Grand Princess 1/1999 Eastern Caribbean
5. Grandeur of Seas RCI 2/2002 10 day Circle Caribbean
6. Voyager of Seas RCI 9/2002 Western Caribbean
7. Carnival Glory 10/2003 Western Caribbean
8. Voyager of Seas RCI 4/2004 Western Caribbean
9. Diamond Princess 9/2004 Mexican Riveria
10. Carnival Liberty 9/2005 Mediterranean
11. Star Princess 6/2006 Baltics
12. Carnival Liberty 11/2007 Western Caribbean
13. GCT River Cruise Egypt 1/2008
14. Grandeur of Seas 3/2008 Western Caribbean
15. Coral Princess 4/2008 Panama Canal
16. Emerald Princess 10/2009 Eastern Caribbean
17. Star Princess 9/23/2010 Greek Isles
18. Diamond Princess 6/2011 Alaska Cruise Tour
19. Emerald Princess 1/26/2013 Eastern Caribbean
20. Royal Princess 2/2/2014 Eastern Caribbean
21. Independence of the seas 1/3/2015 eastern Caribbean
22. Viking Bragi and Skadi 10/3/2015 14 day Amsterdam to Budapest
23. Allure of the Seas 10/25/2015 transatlantic
24. Royal Princess 1/29/2016 Southern Caribbean
25. Royal Princess 7/3/2016 Mediterranean
26. Caribbean Princess 1/22 Western
27. Caribbean Princess 1/28 Southern
#4
Ottawa Canada
439 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
I am looking into doing a small group tour for stops in Rome and Livorno/ Cinque Terre. I've no idea of the discounts available except if I upgrade from a sedan to an SUV/Van. Question.... The cost of tickets is reasonable for group guided tours organized at the Vatican that you can buy tickets for ahead of time. Or you can buy tickets if you have your own tour guide. Does anyone know the difference?? TIA. :-)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Waiting for Norwegian GETAWAY - Western Caribbean- Feb 2018
Norwegian EPIC - Transatlantic - April 2017
Carnival VISTA Inaugural - Mediterranean - May 2016
Norwegian PEARL - Eastern Carribean - Jan 2015
Carnival BREEZE - Western Carribean - Oct 2014
Norwegian GETAWAY Inaugural - Eastern Carribean - Feb 2014
Carnival LIBERTY - Western Carribean - Oct 2013

Norwegian DAWN - Western Carribean - Feb 2013
#5
United Kingdom
2,385 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
Originally posted by cherylakers
What if there are only 4 people on your roll call? Is there a way to get others on different ships to join you or people that are doing land based vaca?
I just asked the same thing in another thread:..... from their website:

5. Can parties from different cruise ships join the same tour?
Unfortunately, we require that all participants in a group be sailing on the same cruise ship. Due to the multitude of risks associated with combining guests from different ships, such as different in port times and terminal locations at ports, we are unable to accommodate groups comprised of a mix of guests from different cruise ships.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



#7
Florida
247 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
We arranged two tours with Italy Tour Sharing in Rome and Naples (including Amalfi Coast, Positano and Pompeii). After checking reviews online, it sounded like a good company to book with. Both tours started in very comfortable Mercedes eight passenger vans with A/C. In Rome we were able to see all the highlights incuding the Collosseum (with skip the tickets), the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon and the Vatican (with skip the line tickets) and much more. The vans are able to get much closer to the sights than the tour buses. We had an hour of free time in Positano since the van was able to go down into the city. I would definitely recommend Italy Tour Sharing for anyone visiting Italy.
#8
2,566 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by FloridaGirlLovesToCruise
We arranged two tours with Italy Tour Sharing in Rome and Naples (including Amalfi Coast, Positano and Pompeii). After checking reviews online, it sounded like a good company to book with. Both tours started in very comfortable Mercedes eight passenger vans with A/C. In Rome we were able to see all the highlights incuding the Collosseum (with skip the tickets), the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon and the Vatican (with skip the line tickets) and much more. The vans are able to get much closer to the sights than the tour buses. We had an hour of free time in Positano since the van was able to go down into the city. I would definitely recommend Italy Tour Sharing for anyone visiting Italy.

Thanks for the report.

That is great that others appreciate this company like me. The great thing is too, that we support the local companies. I have used italytoursharing.com many times along with other tour companies recommended on this board. I have never been disappointed!! I am so thankful for cruise critic as the roll calls and private tours have saved a lot of money compared to doing it with the cruise lines.
#9
10 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by Tango99
I am looking into doing a small group tour for stops in Rome and Livorno/ Cinque Terre. I've no idea of the discounts available except if I upgrade from a sedan to an SUV/Van. Question.... The cost of tickets is reasonable for group guided tours organized at the Vatican that you can buy tickets for ahead of time. Or you can buy tickets if you have your own tour guide. Does anyone know the difference?? TIA. :-)
I'm back!! We booked all out tours through italytoursharing.com and I can answer questions now. The tours were perfect. We contacted the company before so the guide got our tickets for us to the colleseum. You can get them on your own but the line was fairly long. If u look at the tour description, some do include tickets.
#10
Ottawa Canada
439 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by HockeyRob
I'm back!! We booked all out tours through italytoursharing.com and I can answer questions now. The tours were perfect. We contacted the company before so the guide got our tickets for us to the colleseum. You can get them on your own but the line was fairly long. If u look at the tour description, some do include tickets.


I'm back too. Since May!! We did Rome and Vatican tour by using train and prebuying return tickets for 44€ and an online booking for Vatican tour to bypass the line up for 128€. For 4. Easy commute and no traffic. And it was too much of a chilly wet day to do Cinque Terre so we did plan b) warmer further south and jnland to Tuscany with Sunflower Tours -a great day with Giovanni Sarabella. He is amazing and we saw many many beautiful places including San Gimignano. Id go with Giovanni again in a flash.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Waiting for Norwegian GETAWAY - Western Caribbean- Feb 2018
Norwegian EPIC - Transatlantic - April 2017
Carnival VISTA Inaugural - Mediterranean - May 2016
Norwegian PEARL - Eastern Carribean - Jan 2015
Carnival BREEZE - Western Carribean - Oct 2014
Norwegian GETAWAY Inaugural - Eastern Carribean - Feb 2014
Carnival LIBERTY - Western Carribean - Oct 2013

Norwegian DAWN - Western Carribean - Feb 2013
#11
Texas
49 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Originally posted by HockeyRob
Okay, after much research I have decided to use italytoursharing.com (akd Joe Banana Limo) I am going to book 3 ports to get the discount and then post on the roll call from what I am reading. The reviews are excellent for this Italy Company and I have a friend that used this company as well. He loved them.

My question on here, is do you ever have trouble filling the tours? I dont want to sign up and then not get "8" on each tour?

Thanks so much.
We did a tour share this past July on the Carnival Vista using Joe Banana at the port of Livorno. We did the Pisa/Lucca/Forte dei Marmi and the tour and our driver were excellent. All the towns were amazing and the driver was friendly, knowledgeable, and courteous. Our family (2 adults and teen) joined two older couples and a single dad and we all had a great time.

Highly recommended.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
<a href="http://www.cruise-ships.com"><img src="http://ticker.cruise-ships.com/002/fc5a558a3aa88fa5e5d54922afd9615b.png" alt="Cruise Ship - Ticker" border="0"/></a>
Previous Cruises:
<a href="http://www.cruise-ships.com"><img src="http://ticker.cruise-ships.com/002/02fc9a632bd1a35f85ab4ab80acbc6d1.png" alt="Cruise Ship - Ticker" border="0"/></a>
<a href="http://www.cruise-ships.com"><img src="http://ticker.cruise-ships.com/002/4d24d92e69583ac401bd62c85d292c2b.png" alt="Cruise Ship - Ticker" border="0"/></a>
#12
3,107 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Hi,
I read all the comments and recommendations on this thread and contacted them for a quote.
We need just a transfer (for 8) from Rome's airport FCO to the port (Civitavecchia) and another transfer/transportation after the cruise back to FCO.
They responded very quickly ...... but their price is a lot higher than any other quote that I have received.
I am wondering why they are priced so high ? It is just a transfer...... perhaps they are not a Rome /local company.
#13
Sarasota, FL
39 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
We joined a group that I met on our Cruise critic roll call for the seven night Mediterranean cruise on the Norwegian star oct 23-30. We visited Italy, Spain and France. I wanted an excursion from Port of Naples to tour Capri, Naples and Pompeii. I took my 21-year-old son. We did the NCL Star group tour 1090 to Capri & Pompeii on Oct 29. I had read great reviews about Joe banana and they did not disappoint. Our tour guide Carlos was fabulous, his English is great, fun enjoyable personality and patience. Carlos showed us a wonderful time and Took our group to an out of the way authentic Italian restaurant in Sorrento for our group of eight to have a terrific meal. I highly recommend.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Christmas / New Years Cruises
Dec 2005 - Carnival Sensation
Dec 2007 - Carnival Sensation
Dec 2009 - Carnival Inspiration
Dec 2010 - Holland America Ryndam - Dec 19 - 26
#14
canada
21 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
Originally posted by b_cruise
Thanks for the report.

That is great that others appreciate this company like me. The great thing is too, that we support the local companies. I have used italytoursharing.com many times along with other tour companies recommended on this board. I have never been disappointed!! I am so thankful for cruise critic as the roll calls and private tours have saved a lot of money compared to doing it with the cruise lines.
I booked 3 excursions in 3 different ports last year with Joe Banana limo's , they have excellent guides , very knowledgable and lots of fun, comfortable vehicles and reasonable prices , will def use them again when I can!
#15
10 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
I too did the 3 tours in each port. I am in the process of booking another cruise. Like others have said on here, once you cruise the mediterranean there is nothing quite like it. I am sure the pocket book will only let us cruise a couple more times in Europe because of airfare but if you get a chance, it is really outstanding.

I can highly recommend italytoursharing.com as we booked the 3 tours with them and they delivered a quality tour with very professional drivers.

I am glad you enjoyed the tours reilly4514. I did a lot of research on these boards to figure out exactly what I wanted to do. That is a lot of the fun about Europe, is the planning. Takes a lot of time.
#16
Melbourne FL
65 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
We arrived in Salerno on the Celebrity Equinox on October 20. The reservation was for 8 passengers, tour SAL 004 to Sorrento, Pompeii and Positano. Our group met on the ship then disembarked together. The vehicle was right there at the gangway. Everything was as expected, no surprises. At Pompeii, we were handed off to a very knowledgeable local guide, and at the end of the tour, we were handed back to our vehicle. We had plenty of time at all three stops to shop, eat, and, of course, have gelato!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Diamond Member on Royal, Elite on Celebrity, sailing since 1984 on Song of Norway!



#17
Bradenton, Fl
67 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by HockeyRob
Okay, after much research I have decided to use italytoursharing.com (akd Joe Banana Limo) I am going to book 3 ports to get the discount and then post on the roll call from what I am reading. The reviews are excellent for this Italy Company and I have a friend that used this company as well. He loved them.

My question on here, is do you ever have trouble filling the tours? I dont want to sign up and then not get "8" on each tour?

Thanks so much.
Had no trouble filling the tour at all. And the fact that you don't have to make all the confirmations, etc makes Joe Banana perfect for putting a group together. You can get the names and email addresses of all who sign on, too, so that you can make arrangements to meet onboard before disembarkation. Top notch company.
#18
2,566 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
I've booked some more tours with italytoursharing.com and an very excited about my June cruise on NCL. My roll call is very slow.. I've never experienced this before. By this time we all were looking for tours but it seems this cruise people are very slow to join. Anyone experience this before?
#19
10 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Hi. We haven't done tour sharing before, but are considering it now with italytoursharing.com. My concern is, what happens if you join a tour group set up for 8, but it either doesn't get filled or people back out. Is the final price per person determined by how many show up on the day? If a family or group of 4 cancel, the costs could go up dramatically.
#20
3,107 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Originally posted by b_cruise
I........... very excited about my June cruise on NCL. My roll call is very slow.. I've never experienced this before. By this time we all were looking for tours but it seems this cruise people are very slow to join. Anyone experience this before?
Our roll call for the cruise on Jewel in first part of July is also very slow ..... with very few participants ....... so different than our last roll call for a TA cruise. It is our first cruise from Civitavecchia so I am learning from all of the posts in this section. Some of the posters are very helpful with the information that they provide.