Serenity Tours????

lovebears

We booked the "Fun at the Beach" tour through Serenity and it was one of our best days!! We booked as a private tour, $60pp and I felt it was a great value!

I have some photos of our day on my review - scroll down to post #94 to see them!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2144344&page=5

Our guides were Hans and Alisha and they were amazing! I will definitely book through Serenity again.

We used them twice in 2010 (a private drive to the Pitons and boat ride with a snorkel stop back to port; ziplining and a tour of the other side of the island with another couple) and enjoyed the excursions and the Serenity staff immensely. We'll be back in St. Lucia in October and have already booked a tour of the north part of the island including a trip to a rum distillery.

We booked the "Fun at the Beach" tour through Serenity and it was one of our best days!! We booked as a private tour, $60pp and I felt it was a great value!

I have some photos of our day on my review - scroll down to post #94 to see them!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2144344&page=5

Our guides were Hans and Alisha and they were amazing! I will definitely book through Serenity again.

We did this tour through Serenity last month, also as a private tour since no one else was interested in doing this - their loss, as this was a great day at a great value, as you said. Denny was our ambassador and he was great.

That rum punch is very good, too! :p

Enjoyed looking at your pictures - thanks for sharing!

"come as friends, leave as family"

Edited by KroozFoolz

• 3 weeks later...
We are going to be in St Lucia arriving for a day in port in Novemebr. Has anyone used Serenity Tour company? What was your experience? This is our first time to be in St. Lucia. Thanks so much!

Never personally used them but they do have a descent website(although a little difficult to navigate). Saw they have great reviews on tripadvisor and the facebook page looks colorful. Perhaps you can contact them directly and see if they can help clarify your things for you. That's the way I would go. I see they even have a toll free number 1866 766 0794.

• 6 months later...
We used them twice in 2010 (a private drive to the Pitons and boat ride with a snorkel stop back to port; ziplining and a tour of the other side of the island with another couple) and enjoyed the excursions and the Serenity staff immensely. We'll be back in St. Lucia in October and have already booked a tour of the north part of the island including a trip to a rum distillery.

We just returned and had a fantastic time! They are a first rate organization with wonderful guides.

We used Serenity Tours last holiday season, based upon a particular review here on CC, and they were the BEST!

We contacted them directly for a private tour, and they were great to work with to customize the day specifically given our interests, and they made a couple of suggestions.

It was a first class operation, from car/driver, to a return to the dock in a private boat.

We are already booked with them again for this year's holiday cruise.

St. Lucia is the only island that is duplicated from last year's cruise, and we had some specific requests again.

Last year, at our request, they also arranged to take us to a couple of hotels, thinking of a return non-cruise vacation. They added another hotel, and that did indeed turn out to be the "winner". That's the one we'll stay at in the future, and we didn't otherwise know about it.

GeezerCouple

• 8 months later...
We just returned and had a fantastic time! They are a first rate organization with wonderful guides.

I completely agree with this statement 1st class all the way. We enjoyed them so much on our cruise we came back and did a land vacation with them.

I completely agree with this statement 1st class all the way. We enjoyed them so much on our cruise we came back and did a land vacation with them.

We did indeed have a second tour with them this past holiday season, one year after our first.

This time, we had some additional very specific requests, including what we wanted to see that we didn't have time for last year, and also how we wanted to include more transportation by water, rather than car.

They had a motorboat waiting for us when we docked, and they took us to a landing where a car/driver was waiting to take us inland to what we wanted to see.

Then, back to the boat.

And we had asked about time to do some swimming nearby, so they took us to a different little beach... and the water was amazing.

Then, back on the little boat, and a speedy run back to near where the ship docked.

As we had requested, we returned well before "all aboard" so that we just wouldn't worry about missing the ship.

Once again, it was one of the memorable tours... anywhere.

It was wonderful, and they really did tailor it to exactly what we requested.

We plan to return again :)

Yes that is John's specialty at Serenity tailoring your excursions to exactly what you want and treating you like family. Looking forward to seeing them next May when we go back to St Lucia with Celebrity.

• 1 month later...

Based on this discussion and other reviews, we have booked this company's Fun at the Beach. First of all they are having Internet Problems so it is best to book by phone. They have responded promptly to my emails. I did determine between the two different costs quoted here and there for Fun at the Beach. It is $40.00 if you book for 4 people and if you book for less than 4 it is $60.00. Same offered items in both packages. Oh, no umbrellas because they have naturally shaded beaches. Please if you go give us a review!

Based on this discussion and other reviews, we have booked this company's Fun at the Beach. First of all they are having Internet Problems so it is best to book by phone. They have responded promptly to my emails. I did determine between the two different costs quoted here and there for Fun at the Beach. It is $40.00 if you book for 4 people and if you book for less than 4 it is $60.00. Same offered items in both packages. Oh, no umbrellas because they have naturally shaded beaches. Please if you go give us a review!

At $40pp for a group of four, that's a great deal as a taxi one way is $35 us, and entrance is $7us pp - Pigeon Island is a national park. So, $84 for two, before you and in chairs, drinks, lunch, etc!

There's lots of threads about Pigeon Island here including some with pictures, etc. It's a beautiful Park with ruins, hiking, grassy Park, dining, snuba, snorkeling, swimming, etc.

Enjoy your day!

• 1 year later...

Some members of our rollcall just did this tour with Serenity and had a great time. It was a nice relaxing day at the beach and we hiked up to Fort Rodney. Serenity provided drinks and made sure we were all comfortable. At lunch time for those who were interested, Hans took our orders for a local Roti place and brought them back to the beach for us. This is the third tour we've done with them and I can't say enough about the family who owns this business.

Some members of our rollcall just did this tour with Serenity and had a great time. It was a nice relaxing day at the beach and we hiked up to Fort Rodney. Serenity provided drinks and made sure we were all comfortable. At lunch time for those who were interested, Hans took our orders for a local Roti place and brought them back to the beach for us. This is the third tour we've done with them and I can't say enough about the family who owns this business.

This brings back such nice memories of our two days with them (a year apart).

We almost felt like we were friends or family, even the first time, and the way they customized was amazing.

We are still hoping to return for a land trip, to the hotel they took upon theirselves to add to our tour because they thought we'd like it more than the two we had asked to see, and wow, did they get that right.

And we'll no doubt try to arrange with them at least one day (maybe more!) while we are there.

If only there were tours like theirs in more places. They were really extraordinary.

And this is also a statement about CruiseCritic... or we'd never have known about them!

Thanks to those who were commenting about getting to know them several years ago!

GC

• 3 months later...

Enjoyed reading your post from 2016 and very much considering Serenity - as a matter of interest what specific requests did you have ? We are not looking to spend hours in a car, nor stopping every ten minutes for photo ops...all help and suggestions welcome..

R and S

We did indeed have a second tour with them this past holiday season, one year after our first.

This time, we had some additional very specific requests, including what we wanted to see that we didn't have time for last year, and also how we wanted to include more transportation by water, rather than car.

They had a motorboat waiting for us when we docked, and they took us to a landing where a car/driver was waiting to take us inland to what we wanted to see.

Then, back to the boat.

And we had asked about time to do some swimming nearby, so they took us to a different little beach... and the water was amazing.

Then, back on the little boat, and a speedy run back to near where the ship docked.

As we had requested, we returned well before "all aboard" so that we just wouldn't worry about missing the ship.

Once again, it was one of the memorable tours... anywhere.

It was wonderful, and they really did tailor it to exactly what we requested.

We plan to return again :)

Enjoyed reading your post from 2016 and very much considering Serenity - as a matter of interest what specific requests did you have ? We are not looking to spend hours in a car, nor stopping every ten minutes for photo ops...all help and suggestions welcome..

R and S

Glad to give them a big "plus" :)

You might want to read a bit, perhaps on TripAdvisor as well as here, about "what's there" (on St. Lucia), and think about what sounds interesting to you.

The first tour we did with them included a lot of "the regular", but we had asked them to show us two particular hotels, keeping in mind that we'd probably return for a land trip someday. (This was based upon some other readings/photos on CC especially.) Well... one way they REALLY impressed us was to arrange to take us to both hotels, where we were expected and welcomed (a nice touch!)... AND... they said that based upon what they thought from what we had written/requested, they asked if they could show us a third hotel, right near the others (point being, I'm assuming, that they weren't running up the clock driving us to the other side of the island for this, etc.). Well!! Did they ever get it right! That IS the hotel we'll return to when we have the time.

They were also able to "spend more time here, and less there", although in one case it wasn't particularly convenient. (That was "our bad", in a way, and they handled it so well.)

That first time, we drove past that "drive through" (walk through, really) volcano, and it was mobbed, and we didn't have time anyway. That is where we really wanted to go on the next trip. We hadn't understood what it was the first time. And it was just about deserted that time. It was a bit eery... something memorable.

The way they had a vehicle waiting for us, when our motorboat pulled up, just to take us to the volcano... that worked so well. (Yes, it added to the cost, but that was our choice, and they gave us the pricing up front both trips. No surprises.)

And both times, we really felt like "family". We've not quite had that experience before. (That may sound strange, but it was totally in a "good way", not too, too familiar... just very cheerful and very warm, etc. And obviously very eager to help us have a really good time.)

Whenever we do go back, we'll contact them again, and ask "what else do you suggest", since they seem to be able to figure out what we'll like.

Keep in mind that the island is very hilly, and the roads are very windy (as in winding, not wind blown). So getting anywhere can take more time than the distance might suggest. They'll time it right, but don't expect to go from one end of the island to the other and also stop for sights, etc.

It is a beautiful island.

And you'll probably want to see the pitons in person (the two sharp "peaks" right into the water).

So special.

Ask them for suggestions.

A nice swimming place is recommended if you like that sort of thing. The water is amazing. Well, that's not uncommon in that area :)

We have some mobility difficulties, so that would have ruled out some things.

Enjoy!

GC

• 2 weeks later...