New! OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next 7-day or Longer Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjax viewpost.gif

Does that sum it up!!:)... so, my point from previous posts, make your own plans in your respective Roll Calls. They are much more successful!!:)

As more reports roll in, I find my self in agreement with you....

IMHO once again! ;)

I think that maybe it is time that CC and CCL open a new FORUM about the issues that have been presented here. Last I heard, there is a CCL person lurking in the CC forums, so having that person participate shouldn't be a major issue, if both CC and CCL are really interested in this joint venture actually working!!:)

Edited by jwjax

I received this email yesterday for my upcoming cruise!

We are pleased to let you know that beginning September 1, 2016, Carnival Cruise Lines will be delivering a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle invitation directly to your stateroom with all information necessary for you to attend the party on board your sailing!

Some additional registration information is required in order to deliver your invitation once you are on board. Please update your registration to include your first and last name, along with your cabin number. You may be asked to log in to update your information.

Carnival Cruise Lines and Cruise Critic hope you have a great time at your Meet & Mingle!

LauraS

Senior Manager, Community

community@cruisecritic.com

Great idea: Mismanaged. How to remove (unjoin)? Last months post about problems removed, reputation control, maybe? I do show up if signed up but not knowing time, place, sea or port day I can not and will not. The notice the night before maybe... lol. This is a big complex problem others have solved a long time ago. So the unjoin button, Please. Thank You.

Monthly update: Received same email last night at 7:01PM. I am hoping something positive, not another hurtle, fence to jump over, or weasel clause. Sailing on the Glory next month. Originally have to sign up 2 weeks before sailing. Now, have to register 3 weeks before sailing. Dynamics of meet & mingle - moving target? The positive part is asking for room number. Already have my name, email address, & roll call handle. Does NOT show up on roll call. Have to go to Community, or boards to register. There they ask for a booking number.

What do you think? 130 plus cruises, less than 2 years on Cruise Critic, disappointed! I'll keep depending on myself. Update next month after cruise.

I received this email yesterday for my upcoming cruise!

We are pleased to let you know that beginning September 1, 2016, Carnival Cruise Lines will be delivering a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle invitation directly to your stateroom with all information necessary for you to attend the party on board your sailing!

Some additional registration information is required in order to deliver your invitation once you are on board. Please update your registration to include your first and last name, along with your cabin number. You may be asked to log in to update your information.

Carnival Cruise Lines and Cruise Critic hope you have a great time at your Meet & Mingle!

LauraS

Senior Manager, Community

Great News!!:)

Please let us know how this works out. If CC/CCL actually read the comments about the M&M, it will be held on the morning of the 1st sea day, not the last!!:confused:

Again, Great News.....

So we were on the Glory 8/20 sailing. About a week prior, I received an email from Carnival stating that I would get an invite delivered to my stateroom about the M&M. Nope!! Never received an invite. But it was scheduled in the Fun Times. It was on the 1st day of the cruise at 5:00 pm. This was our Half moon Cay day, with sail away at 5:00. We quickly got back to our cabin, cleaned up, and went to the M&M. I was pleasantly surprised that we had a fair number of people, considering the poor timing.

Eric, the CD, was there, along with 1 person from his staff (who didn't even greet us as we came in.) The snacks were usual - cookies, juices, coffee, tea, lemonade.

We discussed the issues that Carnival is having with the M&M's. All that Eric said was that the M&M's are usually just a complaint session. I disagreed - I've been to many M&M's and have never experienced that.

Carnival still needs to get their act together!

So we were on the Glory 8/20 sailing. About a week prior, I received an email from Carnival stating that I would get an invite delivered to my stateroom about the M&M. Nope!! Never received an invite.

Not surprising, given the amount of mixed responses about the CCL staff for these M&M's. There are not any $$$$ in the event, so CCL doesn't give it much attention!

However, when we had 50 people for a paid Open Bar Party (OBP) on one cruise, the CCL staff bent over backwards to help, since everyone paid for the event!!

But it was scheduled in the Fun Times. It was on the 1st day of the cruise at 5:00 pm. This was our Half moon Cay day, with sail away at 5:00. We quickly got back to our cabin, cleaned up, and went to the M&M. I was pleasantly surprised that we had a fair number of people, considering the poor timing.

Eric, the CD, was there, along with 1 person from his staff (who didn't even greet us as we came in.) The snacks were usual - cookies, juices, coffee, tea, lemonade.

Although the timing was awkward, it is nice that the CCL staff managed to spend their precious time with a CC/CCL M&M? Maybe John H should be informed about the fact that the CC/CCL M&M's are only considered as "B" sessions by the CCL Entertainment staff. (FYI, I found this was not true on my Magic Cruise in May, they were GENUINELY interested in making it work)!:cool:

We discussed the issues that Carnival is having with the M&M's. All that Eric said was that the M&M's are usually just a complaint session. I disagreed - I've been to many M&M's and have never experienced that.

Carnival still needs to get their act together!

So, once again, a CCL staff member confirms, that they have little or no interest in the CC/CCL M&M, because they are "B****" sessions!!:rolleyes:

Edited by jwjax

We got off of the Valor today and we had the meet and greet on the second day{a sea day}. it was at noon and carnival furnished 3 bottles of bubbly and 3 ships on a stick for the raffle.:) they also had pastries and coffee and juices. it was done real well. BUT, there were only 8 of us there!:(

We got off of the Valor today and we had the meet and greet on the second day{a sea day}. it was at noon and carnival furnished 3 bottles of bubbly and 3 ships on a stick for the raffle.:) they also had pastries and coffee and juices. it was done real well. BUT, there were only 8 of us there!:(

Happy to hear it was nicely planned. Too bad others weren't able to attend.

Sue

• Administrators

Just a quick update to get some feedback......if you have attended a Meet & Mingle in SEPTEMBER!!

Carnival is now placing invitations directly in your stateroom to Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle events. Please let us know what you think!

Remember, this began for September cruises, and your party registration must have been updated to include your cabin number.

If you need to update your existing party registration with your cabin number, please use this link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/partylist.cfm?setrd=s

• 2 weeks later...

Laura:

i just got off the breeze today and had signed up awhile back for the meet and mingle and when i got the email several weeks ago to log back in and provide my cabin number for a personalized in cabin invite, i did that. Sad to say, no invite delivered and i dont even remember seeing it on the funtimes. I happened to walk by the piano bar early monday morning and saw the "reserved" sign stating Cruise Critic meet & mingle. I stopped in. Over 50 people had registered for my cruise to attend the Meet & Mingle and only 6 showed up. No prizes were given and the cruise director even left early due to other obligations. disappointing to say the least and a huge waste of food.

Hey yall, we have reached the 25 person threshold. This means the meet and greet is on. Details will be delivered to the rooms of all that signed up for this event.

Probably should post this on your cruise's roll call page...

Sent from my Galaxy 4

There definitely is a disconnect somewhere between CC and Carnival. I was on the Freedom Sept 10th sailing, we had more than enough people sign up for the Meet & Mingle. We signed up with our names and cabin numbers so that invitations could be sent. Well, there was nothing in the Funtimes and no invitations sent to the cabins.

We did have a pre-cruise meet & greet in Galveston on the evening before the cruise, and one set up by another group. Nothing for CC though. I think CC should stop having people sign up for Meet & Mingles until this glitch is fixed.

• Administrators
Laura:

i just got off the breeze today and had signed up awhile back for the meet and mingle and when i got the email several weeks ago to log back in and provide my cabin number for a personalized in cabin invite, i did that. Sad to say, no invite delivered and i dont even remember seeing it on the funtimes. I happened to walk by the piano bar early monday morning and saw the "reserved" sign stating Cruise Critic meet & mingle. I stopped in. Over 50 people had registered for my cruise to attend the Meet & Mingle and only 6 showed up. No prizes were given and the cruise director even left early due to other obligations. disappointing to say the least and a huge waste of food.

Thank you for your feedback. A couple of things: we are working out the kinks regarding sending specific details to Carnival for these sailings. We think it is great that Carnival wants to deliver invites to you directly, we just need to work out some logistics in getting the info over to them.

It shouldn't be expected that there will be prizes. The focus of these events is for you to meet other Cruise Critic members. Truthfully, there is no obligation on Carnival's part to give out gifts. That said, anything above and beyond "meeting space/light refreshments" should be looked upon favorably! We think that's great but it is totally dependent upon that ship.

We were on the 9/3 sailing of the Carnival Sunshine. Over 60 people signed up for the Meet & Mingle, and as instructed a few weeks prior we provided Carnival with our cabin number so they could give us an invite.

No invites were ever received, and we scoured the Fun Times every day looking for a time and location of the Meet & Mingle. When nothing showed up in the last days Fun Times, several people went to Guest Services where they were told that Miami had not informed them that a Meet & Mingle was to be scheduled for our cruise. So the bottom line is....it never happened. Disappointing.

I also understand that it didn't happen on the 9/10 cruise either.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI, we registered for this... Even got a confirmation email, well it never happened

We also got a confirmation email. Was told an invitation would be in our stateroom, but, others said it would be announced in the Fun Times. Neither happened. And this is current info, just got off the ship 09/17/2016. Sorry if this has already been posted, but, am not going to read through all the posts, just letting all know my experience of it. :( Seems as if it was just a tease.

Thank you for your feedback. A couple of things: we are working out the kinks regarding sending specific details to Carnival for these sailings. We think it is great that Carnival wants to deliver invites to you directly, we just need to work out some logistics in getting the info over to them.

This to me says Cruise Critic is dropping the ball on this.:( Get with it or lose it altogether because members are looking forward to this and planning for it. SMH

September 9th, 2016, 11:17 AM

LauraS

Sr. Manager, Community

Cruise Critic Join Date: Jan 2000

Just a quick update to get some feedback......if you have attended a Meet & Mingle in SEPTEMBER!!

Carnival is now placing invitations directly in your stateroom to Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle events. Please let us know what you think!

Remember, this began for September cruises, and your party registration must have been updated to include your cabin number.

If you need to update your existing party registration with your cabin number, please use this link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall...st.cfm?setrd=s__________________

Laura

Sr. Manager Community

Cruise Critic

Meet & Mingle 09/24/2016 Carnival Glory

To: meet_and_mingle <meet_and_mingle@cruisecritic.com>

Date: Mon, Sep 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Received 2 e-mails today (9/19/2016) re: meet & mingles. The people state they gave room numbers & registered online as directed.

They state that NONE of them received an invitation, nor was it posted in the Fun Times on the respective ships.

Laura S. - There still remains a glitch, or cruise critic is NOT communicating with the Carnival ships.

Note: Other cruise lines do the meet & mingles with passengers on roll call with making their own lists, & reconfirmed on roll call.

How do I reconfirm what I have sent to so far? I have NEVER received a response to confirm anything.

Sounds like you need to hire a passenger to do this job.

Give me the name of the person in charge on Cruise Critic & the Carnival ship Glory, for meet & mingles.

Requested more than a month ago: How do I take my name off the list. So far NO response

Respectively sent,

Nexttimeclub

Automatic reply: Meet & Mingle 09/24/2016

From: cc.meet_and_mingle <meet_and_mingle@cruisecritic.com>

To: Nexttimeclub

Date: Mon, Sep 19, 2016 3:48 pm

*** PLEASE NOTE: This is an automated reply to let you know that we have received your email. ***

E mails are answered in the order in which they are received during normal business hours.

At times, we receive a heavy volume of e-mail and appreciate your patience.

October 2, 2016 Awaiting for reply for 2 weeks.

It was posted in the FunTimes a 5PM Ivory Club Grand Bar, 4 Aft. No personal invitation received in stateroom.

As for you who can’t read; Sunday 9/25/16. I went to Guest Services & was told the M&M would be Monday 9/26/16 at 5PM. “Learn from the more experienced”

Proceeded there at correct time, saw 2 couples sitting in the Ivory Club (large bar, entrance to dining room). No CC sign, nor cruise ship representative to greet guest. Asked bartender about M&M. She said, “It’s not here”.

Circled the M&M in Fun Times. She left & returned stating, “Someone will be here shortly”. Waited 1 hour, NO one from ship showed up.

This is okay? 5 months later: NO problems.

Note: 50 plus on M&M sign up sheet.

Edited by nexttimeclub
repetitive posted

Just back from my Pride cruise. We had 80 plus people signed up for the M&G, and I was the second person to do so. I got the email from CC about updating my reservation to include the details needed to deliver an invitation to my cabin. I tried to do so but there was something wrong with the CC page; when I clicked on the check your reservations link, it would come up blank despite my account being included on the list of all people registered. I sent an email to CC for help and received no response.

About a week before my cruise, I got another email from CC telling me to look in the Fun Times for the M&G. Again I emailed CC for help and clarification on the reservation. Again I got no response.

I received no invitation to the M&G nor was anything ever posted in the Fun Times. I was really looking forward to this event and was very disappointed that CC never reacted to the issues I was having with this site.

We are set up for our Glory cruise at the end of the month. We have plenty of people signed up so I hope we have a good turnout.

I agree that Carnival owes us nothing but the CC fan base can be a good advocate for Carnival. I think a Junior member of the entertainment staff should be able to make an appearance.

I like the idea of offering the Group photo. In reality it costs Carnival less than 1.00 for an 8x10.

Cruise schedules are set in advance. Why can Carnival just set a time so everyone knows in advance. Example 9:00 on first sea day in the xxx lounge. They can also publish in the fun times. If this is at a set time then everyone would know the time, they just need to know the place. They could also list this in the Roll Call on CC so the communication would be there.

Cruise schedules are set in advance. Why can Carnival just set a time so everyone knows in advance. Example 9:00 on first sea day in the xxx lounge. They can also publish in the fun times. If this is at a set time then everyone would know the time, they just need to know the place. They could also list this in the Roll Call on CC so the communication would be there.

Hi there

This would be too easy. Similar ideas have been made. Once there is a standard procedure put in place, this thread would no longer be needed, people would either show up or not. They would know what to expect before they signed up and there wouldn't be any mystery about time and place. Must be rocket science, I guess.

Clearly there is a disconnect somewhere. We are getting close to half a year after the initial announcement. There is an obvious lack of uniformity on the part of Carnival. I take LauraS's statement that they are trying to work out the kinks at face value, but at some point even she will have to doubt the sincerity in their efforts.

happy cruising everyone

Edited by Nic6318