Tube/Raft at Half Moon Caye

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Private Islands
Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:03 AM.
126 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Hi All,

I've heard about rafts/tubes at Half Moon Caye beach. Can you rent them? Cost? Also, is it allowed to just bring our own, blow them up, and use them?

Thanks!
NC
269 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Yes to both. I think mats are $12 to rent. We are bringing a couple cheap floats to blow up there and toss after we're done

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
sailed...Carnival Ecstasy 8/2017
next up... Disney World on dry land
then... Carnival Conquest 1/2018!
MA
242 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
We are bringing a couple of dollar store noodles to float around with. Since we are driving right to port they are super easy to just toss along in the car and bring aboard with us.
O.C, California
12,168 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Yes you can rent or bring your own. If renting get there early before they run out! The dollar store ones I think are better floating than the rented ones. And you can just throw them away when done for the day!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises: Carnival Splendor - March 2011 ... Carnival Paradise - April 2010 ... Ruby Princess - Nov 2009 ... Mariner of the Seas - April 2009 ... Mariner PreInagural - Feb. 19, 2009 ... Carnival Pride - April 2008 ... Carnival Spirit - Nov 2007 ... Monarch of the Seas - May 2007 ... Carnival Paradise - March 2007 ... Westerdam - Oct 2006 ... Monarch of the Seas - May 2006 ... Monarch of the Seas - Dec 2005 ... Caribbean Princess B2B - May 2005 ... Zuiderdam B2B - Aug 2004- Hurricane Charley ... Sitmar Fair Sea - Jan 1986
27 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Does anyone know if there is an air source for blowing up personal inflatable rafts? I would assume there's one nearby where you can rent them but not sure because they rent the floaty mats and I"m not sure they rent inflatable rings. Anyone know? Wondering if I should bring along an air pump
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

September 1997- Carnival Fantasy
August 2007- Carnival Holiday
December 2016- Carnival Elation
Northern Indiana
304 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
If I remember correctly the floats they rent on HMC are the foam w/ plastic coated kind, not inflatable. So I don't believe there is air pump to pump up your own floats with.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Magic 1/05 (Eastern)
Carnival Miracle 2/06 (Western)
Disney Magic 12/06 (Western)
Carnival Miracle 10/07 (Southern)
Disney Magic 2/08 (Eastern)
Carnival Freedom 9/09 (Western)
HAL Eurodam 3/10 (Eastern)
HAL Oosterdam 3/11 (Mexico)
HAL Noordam 12/11 (ABC Islands & More)
Disney Fantasy 9/12 (Western)
RCL Allure of the Seas 10/13 (Western)
HAL Nieuw Amesterdam (B2B) 11/14
HAL Eurodam Tropical (B2B) 11/16
HAL Eurodam Sister Cruise 11/17
O.C, California
12,168 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Originally posted by knowfere
Does anyone know if there is an air source for blowing up personal inflatable rafts? I would assume there's one nearby where you can rent them but not sure because they rent the floaty mats and I"m not sure they rent inflatable rings. Anyone know? Wondering if I should bring along an air pump
No pumps, they use memory foam type floats, thats why I think air floats are better but everyone seems to get them and enjoy them! If you have a need to blow up dollar store ones, they have a balloon pump that is the size of a paper towel cardboard roll.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises: Carnival Splendor - March 2011 ... Carnival Paradise - April 2010 ... Ruby Princess - Nov 2009 ... Mariner of the Seas - April 2009 ... Mariner PreInagural - Feb. 19, 2009 ... Carnival Pride - April 2008 ... Carnival Spirit - Nov 2007 ... Monarch of the Seas - May 2007 ... Carnival Paradise - March 2007 ... Westerdam - Oct 2006 ... Monarch of the Seas - May 2006 ... Monarch of the Seas - Dec 2005 ... Caribbean Princess B2B - May 2005 ... Zuiderdam B2B - Aug 2004- Hurricane Charley ... Sitmar Fair Sea - Jan 1986