Scenic Tours Antigua

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:15 PM.
Long Island, NY
31 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
If you are cruising or staying at a hotel, I highly recommend Scenic Tours Antigua and Sean Beazer. Sean picked up us in the morning and toured the island with us for 6 hours. He will accommodate your schedule. Great SUV. Big, roomy, clean and very good A/C. He is the most knowledgeable and interesting tour guide I ever toured with. He showed us all the major sites in Antigua. We had two people on board who needed extra help and he showed them patience and respect of their needs. Besides Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights, Betty's Hope, Devil's Bridge, etc. we were able to shop downtown. He even provided soft drinks, beer and delicious rum punch!

His info is:
www.scenictoursantigua.com
[email protected]

I have been on many local tours in the Caribbean and I rate Sean #1! I would highly recommend Sean and Scenic Tours if you are staying at a hotel or coming on a cruise!

LaurieB
125 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Great to hear this review. We are booked with Sean in October while in port on RCI's Adventure of the Seas. Very much looking forward to our time in Antigua with Scenic Tours Antigua.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Long Island, NY
31 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
Sean is a great tour operator. Very dependable and knowledgeable. You will be very pleased with him. The difference between taking a cruise ship tour is the size of the tour. When we were on a recent Panama Canal Cruise our friend took the cruise ship tour and had 40 people crowded on a bus. We took a local tour which I had booked ahead, we had 3 couples on a 20 person new van. Also the local tours are much more reasonable than the cruise line tours.

Enjoy your tour!

Laurie
North Pole & Playa Del Carmen
10,422 Posts
Joined May 2008
Lawrence of Antigua is also a top-notch tour operator and a wonderful host. We enjoyed a private tour with him and it is still one of our most memorable days. We were able to enjoy more of the out of the way areas (by request) as well as the signature highlights.
Can't recommend Lawrence enough, and glad to read there is another operator with the same quality of service!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Blue, BlueWater!
Mount Pleasant, SC
776 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by VineyardsGal
If you are cruising or staying at a hotel, I highly recommend Scenic Tours Antigua and Sean Beazer. Sean picked up us in the morning and toured the island with us for 6 hours. He will accommodate your schedule. Great SUV. Big, roomy, clean and very good A/C. He is the most knowledgeable and interesting tour guide I ever toured with. He showed us all the major sites in Antigua. We had two people on board who needed extra help and he showed them patience and respect of their needs. Besides Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights, Betty's Hope, Devil's Bridge, etc. we were able to shop downtown. He even provided soft drinks, beer and delicious rum punch!

His info is:
[email protected]

I have been on many local tours in the Caribbean and I rate Sean #1! I would highly recommend Sean and Scenic Tours if you are staying at a hotel or coming on a cruise!

LaurieB
How many people were on your tour? Any guess as to how many people on an average tour? Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carolina Girls....Best in the World
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

Texas
25 Posts
Joined Jan 2015

His info is:
[email protected]

LaurieB

Just wondering if you booked as a customized tour or did you let them decide where to go? Did you go to the beach any?
Long Island, NY
31 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
Hi. To answer both questions, our tour was 5 people in our large modern clean SUV/van. I am sure Sean has other size SUV's/Vans, etc.

He has suggested sights and you can customize them. Also you can go to the beach. Beautiful beaches. Don't miss one!

Have fun!

Laurie
Jersey Shore
306 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
You will have a good time! Wait to you see the beautiful beaches and turquoise waters!!!!! Enjoy.
Thanks very much! Looking forward to this "true" 14 day Caribbean cruise.
Tennessee
230 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by blue_water
Lawrence of Antigua is also a top-notch tour operator and a wonderful host. We enjoyed a private tour with him and it is still one of our most memorable days. We were able to enjoy more of the out of the way areas (by request) as well as the signature highlights.
Can't recommend Lawrence enough, and glad to read there is another operator with the same quality of service!
ANY CLUE what the prices are for his tours? I cannot find them on his website and I usually pass on tours that do not list their costs because that means TOO EXPENSIVE TO SHOW TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise, Fly, Hike, Crawl, Time travel in a T.A.R.D.I.S.
It doesn't matter as long as I get there.

Favorite Places
Barcelona, Corn islands and Granada Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Florida, Arizona, Maine, Puerto Rico, Honduras, Any Mountain I have ever been.
Tucson, AZ
2,754 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by timelordjason
ANY CLUE what the prices are for his tours? I cannot find them on his website and I usually pass on tours that do not list their costs because that means TOO EXPENSIVE TO SHOW TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME.
I am posting to make sure I get some of the answers. My only time in Antigua we visited people we knew. We did go to Nelson's Shipyard and although I enjoyed I don't think I care to go again, but would like to see many of the other things on the island..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jim

"Dad, don't worry about missing the beach, Arizona is all beach, just no water"
Tennessee
230 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
What is up with the tours in Antigua? I have emailed 5 different companies about 3 days ago and heard NOTHING from ANY of them. They do want business don't they? Is it better to call than email them?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Favorite Places
Barcelona, Corn islands and Granada Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Florida, Arizona, Maine, Puerto Rico, Honduras, Any Mountain I have ever been.
201 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
timelordjason. Maybe a little thing like a HURRICANE!!! I'm thinking they are busy putting their lives together and will get back to you as soon as they can. They do realize how important tourism is to them and their island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Tennessee
230 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Well I didnt even consider because I didnt think they were hit too bad. I never even heard antigua in the news during the hurricane.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Favorite Places
Upstate, NY
374 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Yeah, I've been trying to figure out the best time to start sending emails to Antigua folks but realize they are dealing with the influx of folks that evacuated from Barbuda. I will be there 11/15 but may wait another week or two to book something.

When do you sail timelordjason? Love the username
Tennessee
230 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by TardisDance
Yeah, I've been trying to figure out the best time to start sending emails to Antigua folks but realize they are dealing with the influx of folks that evacuated from Barbuda. I will be there 11/15 but may wait another week or two to book something.

When do you sail timelordjason? Love the username
Thank you for the compliment. I like yours too lol COOL!
I was unaware they took in everyone from Barbuda WOW no wonder.
We sail on October the 14th
They just added Antigua to our itinerary to replace St. Martin.
I never been so I am excited and want to do a historical land tour with a beach time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Favorite Places