Rough seas

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:44 AM.
#1
BUFFALO NY
26 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Any idea what we will encounter September 6-10 traveling to and from Bermuda to nyc? We came prepared with seasick remedies but hopefully will be able to dock the 7th and 8th in St. George's.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
#2
upstate NY
2,340 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
With Irma coming in, your stay in Bermuda might be shortened so that the ship can get ahead of the rough seas. It really depends on which way Irma decides to head. She is now a CAT 5 so she is nothing to be ignored. You may also get to the ship and find out your are heading to Canada instead of Bermuda. The cruise line will decide where it is safest for their ship and passengers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#3
Maryland
10,400 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by flowers44
With Irma coming in, your stay in Bermuda might be shortened so that the ship can get ahead of the rough seas. It really depends on which way Irma decides to head. She is now a CAT 5 so she is nothing to be ignored. You may also get to the ship and find out your are heading to Canada instead of Bermuda. The cruise line will decide where it is safest for their ship and passengers.
It does not appear that Irma will affect Bermuda at all. Irma is not heading that way.

There is always the possibility of rough seas sailing to Bermuda so it is good they are prepared with seasick remedies. Likely they won't need them unless they prone to motuon sickness.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
#4
upstate NY
2,340 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
There is another hurricane following Irma. I think the name is Jose. This time of year, you can never assume that you will not be affected by one storm or another. Good luck with your cruise to Bermuda. I have been there eight times. It is my favorite place. Such a beautiful and friendly island.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#5
Maryland
10,400 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by flowers44
There is another hurricane following Irma. I think the name is Jose. This time of year, you can never assume that you will not be affected by one storm or another. Good luck with your cruise to Bermuda. I have been there eight times. It is my favorite place. Such a beautiful and friendly island.


The OP lucked out sailing to Bermuda this week but there is a good chance Jose might affect those sailing to Bermuda the following week. Because of Irma's size and location, Jose will likely track north and east of Irma's track.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
#6
Patriot Nation
4,746 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by Charles4515
The OP lucked out sailing to Bermuda this week but there is a good chance Jose might affect those sailing to Bermuda the following week. Because of Irma's size and location, Jose will likely track north and east of Irma's track.
That's me & the Mrs.
Boarding Friday.
In 15 cruise's to Bermuda we hit 3 major storms so far.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




Platinum +
The cure for anything is salt water .
Sweat, Tears,or
The Sea !!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. ~Mark Twain


NCL Dream Bermuda June2008
NCL Dream Bermuda Oct. 2008
NCL Spirit Bermuda Sept. 2009
NCL Spirit Boston to Quebec Sept.2009
NCL Spirit Quebec to Boston Oct. 2009
NCL Spirit Bermuda June 2010
NCL Sun W. Caribbean Nov.2010
NCL Dawn Bermuda Sept. 2011
NCL Dawn Bermuda Oct. 2011
NCL Dawn Bermuda June 8th 2012
NCL Dawn Bermuda June 22 2012
NCL Dawn Bermuda Sept 2012
NCL Dawn Boston to Quebec Oct. 2012
NCL Dawn Quebec to Boston Oct. 2012
NCL Dawn Western Caribbean Apr. 14th 2013
NCL Dawn North bound Repo Apr. 21st 2013
NCL Dawn Bermuda Sept. 2013
NCL Dawn South bound Repo Nov. 2013
NCL Dawn Bermuda July 11 2014
NCL Dawn Boston to Quebec Sept. 12 2014
NCL Dawn Quebec to Boston Sept. 19 2014
NCL Dawn Bermuda Oct. 10 2014
NCL Dawn Bermuda Sept. 4 2015
NCL Dawn Bermuda August 26th 2016
NCL Dawn Bermuda June 9th 2017
Do not be afraid of dying, be afraid of not living life to it's fullest !
#8
Central Illinois
115,416 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by 2XTRADIRTIES
Any idea what we will encounter September 6-10 traveling to and from Bermuda to nyc? We came prepared with seasick remedies but hopefully will be able to dock the 7th and 8th in St. George's.
It does not look like Irma will have much effect on Bermuda.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager