Dinner in Southampton

Is Uber available in Southampton? Or are taxis our only option to go from the Central Railway Station to a Southampton hotel? We will be staying at the Pig in the Wall, which is a little further than we want to walk with suitcases, even if they are rolling.

Uber is available but with the distance you are travelling, price wise there won't be much in it, journey time will be 3 /5 minutes but agree no point in walking with luggage if a taxi is that quick convenient and cheap

John Bull, you are so full of knowledge! I appreciate your responses also. Can you tell me if all the restaurants you mention and the taxis take credit cards or the US dollar? Should I be getting some pounds before we come across the pond from the US? Thank you very much

I was on a Princess tour with purchase your own lunch. One couple did not bring any £, he thought every place would take a credit card or US$. He eat at a place that took either. He had to go to the Post Office (where you can get money) to exchange US$ to £ and return to the restaurant to pay his bill. Everyone told him, do you expect in the States stores/restaurants to take £.

Nearly all places that you might stop for lunch will take credit cards. They may not take them all (Visa and MasterCard are universal - American Express and Diners Club not so much) but there is often a minimum spend. A place where I often go has a minimum of £10.