OK to walk from Canada Place to Auberge Vancouver Hotel on Hastings St?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:15 AM.
404 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Had psoted this over in West Coast Departures, and it was suggested to post over here for the Vancouver locals:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2542864

Three ladies in our 50's, plus size but no real mobility issues (wouldn't want to attempt a 3-mile hike pulling luggage ); is it OK to walk from Canada Place to the Auberge on a Sunday morning after debarking HAL? Is it really hilly? I sure would hate to have to get a cab for such a short distance.
Toronto, Canada
714 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
I'm not a local, but we walk all over Vancouver whenever we are there. If you look on Google maps, it looks like the hotel is about 300 yards from the cruise ship terminal. If I recall, there is a slight incline, but nothing major.
YVR & PDX
3,870 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Answered on your original thread which I saw first. Don't know any local posters who don't read both this and West Coast board so you'll just end up with two threads to track now depending which we see first - personally I'd ask mods to merge them for simplicity (into WC board, since technically this isn't a port-of-call but a terminus port for you).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess: Emerald, Golden x3, Island, Star x2
NCL: Gem, Pearl
HAL: Veendam
Edumacational kiddie cruises: SS Uganda
4,367 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Auberge is a great location for the cruise terminal and shuttle buses to Grouse/Capilano.

It's a 3 block luggage drag. I would get the room.