Which resort day pass? Help me choose

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:56 PM.
1,020 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by Podie
Just for comparison purposes, I've reserved at Beach Limerz, which I saw when I was next door at Millers last December. They have an all-inclusive option for $65 which includes one drink and one water, BBQ lunch, and all the beach "toys," but this December I'm going with the pay as you go option. They told me if we don't use the water sports equipment, we'll save money just paying for what we want.

In addition, the owner, Gail, will open at 9 and send a taxi for $6 per person. No pool, it's a rustic beachfront operation, but it gets great reviews.

By the way, I always bring dog treats (bacon strips) to Antigua because there are so many stray dogs.
I've booked with Gail as well for our December visit. Very simple, and hopefully won't be too crowded.
19 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
You will LOVE IT! Just back and Gail and her staff are wonderful. Favorite day and meal of our cruise. Our prayers are with her and all tonight
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,020 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by CECE1112
You will LOVE IT! Just back and Gail and her staff are wonderful. Favorite day and meal of our cruise. Our prayers are with her and all tonight
Looking forward to our trip even more now, after your comments. As you say, hope everyone on the island makes it through the next few days.
Lakeville, MA
1,089 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Can you give me some info on this beach. I am planning way in advance and I am trying to look at options for each island. Prayers for all the islands in Irma's path
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

19 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
I heard from Gail abut 1:00 this morning and the winds were really bad and scary. This is a beautiful little beach with a great restaurant/bar. Very private the day we were there and NO VENDORS. Gail arranged for a taxi to meet us at the port and he returned at the time we asked to take us back the the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lakeville, MA
1,089 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by CECE1112
I heard from Gail abut 1:00 this morning and the winds were really bad and scary. This is a beautiful little beach with a great restaurant/bar. Very private the day we were there and NO VENDORS. Gail arranged for a taxi to meet us at the port and he returned at the time we asked to take us back the the ship.
Is this a private beach with restaurant/bar? Do they offer loungers/umbrellas?

How far from the cruise port? Cost of taxi?

I do not want to be bothered b vendors.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1,020 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by jonsmom

If you Google the restaurant you will find the information you require.
Crystal Lake, IL
1,161 Posts
Joined Aug 2010

Yes it's a private restaurant but ALL beaches in Antigua are PUBLIC. They do have loungers and umbrellas to rent. It's less than 10 minutes from the port and I believe it was $6 each way for the taxi. We didn't have any vendors bother us.

We booked the all inclusive option the day we went and Gail pre-arranged the taxi for us so it was super easier. When he dropped us off we arranged for what time we wanted him to pick us up to go back to the ship. He was a super nice guy and right on time both times.

I cannot express HOW impressed I am with Beachlimerz. I won't go anywhere else in Antigua. Gail and her staff are amazing!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

TA Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale, Royal Princess 10/17 - Caribbean, Crown Princess 3/17 - Caribbean, Royal Princess 1/17 - Caribbean, Royal Princess 12/16 - Caribbean, Regal Princess 6/16 - Baltic, NCL Star 3/16 - Caribbean, Royal Princess 1/16 - Caribbean, NCL Star 12/15 - Caribbean, NCL Getaway 8/15 - Caribbean, NCL Pearl 6/15 - Alaska, Royal Princess 1/15 - Caribbean, NCL Pearl 7/14 - Alaska, NCL Star 1/14 - Panama Canal, NCL Dawn 11/13- Caribbean, Sapphire Princess 3/13 - Mexican Riviera, NCL Pearl 11/12 - Caribbean, Golden Princess 9/12 - Alaska, NCL Star 6/12 - Bermuda, Sapphire Princess 3/12- California Coastal, NCL Star 12/11- Caribbean, Emerald Princess 11/11 - Caribbean, Carnival Glory 12/10 - Caribbean, Costa Classica 2/95- Caribbean, NCL Starward 2/94- Caribbean
Lakeville, MA
1,089 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by FraudBroad
Yes it's a private restaurant but ALL beaches in Antigua are PUBLIC. They do have loungers and umbrellas to rent. It's less than 10 minutes from the port and I believe it was $6 each way for the taxi. We didn't have any vendors bother us.

We booked the all inclusive option the day we went and Gail pre-arranged the taxi for us so it was super easier. When he dropped us off we arranged for what time we wanted him to pick us up to go back to the ship. He was a super nice guy and right on time both times.

I cannot express HOW impressed I am with Beachlimerz. I won't go anywhere else in Antigua. Gail and her staff are amazing!
Thank you for your reply - I did check the website but didn't find any info on the all inclusive option. Is her email also available on the website.

Thank you again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Crystal Lake, IL
1,161 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Thank you for your reply - I did check the website but didn't find any info on the all inclusive option. Is her email also available on the website.

Thank you again.

[email protected]

Gail will send you all of the info on the all inclusive package. The buffet lunch was fabulous!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

TA Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale, Royal Princess 10/17 - Caribbean, Crown Princess 3/17 - Caribbean, Royal Princess 1/17 - Caribbean, Royal Princess 12/16 - Caribbean, Regal Princess 6/16 - Baltic, NCL Star 3/16 - Caribbean, Royal Princess 1/16 - Caribbean, NCL Star 12/15 - Caribbean, NCL Getaway 8/15 - Caribbean, NCL Pearl 6/15 - Alaska, Royal Princess 1/15 - Caribbean, NCL Pearl 7/14 - Alaska, NCL Star 1/14 - Panama Canal, NCL Dawn 11/13- Caribbean, Sapphire Princess 3/13 - Mexican Riviera, NCL Pearl 11/12 - Caribbean, Golden Princess 9/12 - Alaska, NCL Star 6/12 - Bermuda, Sapphire Princess 3/12- California Coastal, NCL Star 12/11- Caribbean, Emerald Princess 11/11 - Caribbean, Carnival Glory 12/10 - Caribbean, Costa Classica 2/95- Caribbean, NCL Starward 2/94- Caribbean
2,862 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Are there stray dogs at this part of the beach? How about horses?
Originally posted by FraudBroad

Florida
928 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
http://*******.com/yc8tupbs Interesting shots of destruction in the Caribbean
Gail wrote this AM. We would prefer an umbrella two chairs and light food.
BEACHLIMERZ DAY PASS / PAYG OPTIONS

FAQs
· What time do you open?
We begin serving from the bar at 10AM. However, once we have reservations we will be ready whether it’s 10AM or 9 AM. To wit we are flexible.

· Does the Day Pass option require a deposit?
Yes – USD30 PP Please note the charge for children 10 and under for a Day Pass or PAYG is USD30.

· Does the Pay As You Go option require a deposit?
Yes this option requires a deposit of USD25 which will go toward any purchase from the restaurant or rental of watersports equipment.

· What is your cancellation policy?
(i) A 100% refund if you got to Antigua and your captain did not allow you to leave the ship...this has happened in the past where the captain thought it was too windy to stay berthed at the dock.
(ii) Should it be raining heavily accompanied by thunderstorms and you are unable to lie on the beach or go into the water for most of the day we will do a partial refund**

· Do you offer the BBQ everyday?
We offer the BBQ once we have reservations from cruise passengers. Sometimes we do the BBQ from indoors should it be a less than busy day or the weather threatens to be uncooperative.

· What is the cost of the BBQ on the Pay as you Go option?
US$40 includes 2 meats, 2 sides, green salad, dessert, water, Wadadli beer or Rum Punch (or non-alcoholic beer or Fruit Punch).

· Do you limit day passes and pay as you go passes?
Not really. We are a small semi secluded facility and our focus is relaxation but with much fun. We don't have motorized watersports equipment. Further we do not have an arrangement with any of the tour companies and so have never had scores of visitors descending on us. We have never done more than about 30 cruise passengers at any one time and we make an effort to ensure we are not going above 50 on any one day. Some days, especially in the off-season (May – December) you may very well have the beach to yourself.
**This refund [(ii)] is not cast in stone as circumstances will vary and we will refund accordingly. We are guided by our desire to be fair. We want every visitor to leave with an overall positive impression and good feelings towards Beachlimerz. We want also to stay in business for many years to come. We shall strike a balance.
BEACHLIMERZ
Fort James, Antigua
(268) 562-8574 / (268) 789-8706
DAY PASS INFORMATION
CRUISERS ONLY
Day Passes are USD65 PP (including tax). The Day Pass includes the following:
(a) Use of Water Sports equipment (kayaks, body boards, standup paddleboards, snorkeling equipment)
(b) Use of Chaise Lounges and Beach umbrellas
(c) 2 Rum Punches (OR 2 Wadadli Beers) AND 2 Waters per person
(d) Beach BBQ - Ribs, Chicken, Fish, Hamburgers Sides - Fries, Potato Salad, Grilled Veggies, Rice, Sauteed Potatoes & Green Salad. Dessert - House made Bread Pudding drizzled w/coconut rum sauce.
(e) We are located seconds from Fort James itself and some guests enjoy a walk around the old Fort which itself dates back to the early 18th century and retains most of the old structure including canons.
Groups of 10 or more pay USD60 PP ( including ABST). We charge USD30 for children under ten (10)
Distance from port - about 1.5 miles. Currently taxi cost is US$4 per person each way if over 4 passengers. Less than four the fare is $6.00 per person

We accept MasterCard and Visa.
Effective May 15th 2017

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Best,

Bobbi & David ~

Sept 23, 2018 - Silhouette - Canaries & Azores
January 21, 2018 - Eclipse - So. Caribbean
June 22, 2017 - Uniworld - Portugal/Spain. Duro River
January 22, 2017 - Marina - Caribbean
Sept 4, 2016 - Summit - Canada/New England
January 22, 2016 - Equinox - Ultimate Caribbean
August 6, 2015 - Azamara Journey - Istanbul/Greece/Italy
January 2015 cancelled Carib cruise .. Always get insurance!!!!!! ... June 2014 August 2014 two cancelled river boat cruises ...January 23, 2014 - Riviera - Sun Splashed Isles ... August 11, 2013 - Uniworld Venice to Rome cruise/tour ... January 5, 2013 - Regatta - Between 2 Oceans - Miami to Lima ... September 12, 2012 - Marina - Continental Connoisseur - London to Barcelona ... January 2012 - Marina - Caribbean Pearls ... August 2011 - Regatta - Alaska, Canada, Oregon ... February 2011 - Nieuw Amsterdam - Eastern Caribbean ... June 2010 - Regatta - England, Ireland, Scotland, Norway ... February 2010 - Noordam - Southern Caribbean ... June 2009 - Tauck -Swiss Jewel - Budapest to Prague ... June 2008 - Regatta - Baltics ... August 2008 - Volendam - Alaska/Cruise Tour ... May 2007 - Nautica - Istanbul to Athens
delaware
1,267 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
we have only done the jolly beach resort but loved it so much that we have done it twice and have plans to go back in january. beautiful long beach, nice pool, very friendly staff, grat food and drinks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
11/17/2007 carnival triumph
06/06/2010 carnival valor
04-23-2011 Oasis of the Seas ds 16th bday
11/15/2012 thanksgiving on explorer of the seas
01/03/2014 Granduer of the seas
01/31/2014 Granduer of the seas
05/28/2014 carnival splendor
05/24/2015 carnival splendor
06/01/2015 back to back carnival splendor
01/17/16 carnival pride journeys cruise
05/15/16 Allure of the seas son's 21th birthday
12/11/16 Allure of the seas
01/02/17 Carnival Pride Journeys cruise
My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to the Caribbean on 04/30/2017 aboard the Carnival Breeze! Visit Carnival.com to see all Caribbean cruises.
My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to the Caribbean on 01/07/2018 aboard the Carnival Pride! Visit Carnival.com to see all Caribbean cruises.
Roanoke, Texas
102 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
Does anyone know the email address for day-pass reservations at Sandals Grande Antigua?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:

Adventure, Oct 2017, Southern Caribbean (St. Kitts, Antigua, Aruba, Curaçao)

Past:

Allure, May 2017, Eastern Caribbean (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Kitts)

Liberty, Oct. 2016, Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth) Honeymoon Cruise!

Liberty, April 2016, Western Caribbean (Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel)

Navigator, Sept. 2015, Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth)
REVIEW: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...ewsletterPopup

Sovereign, July 2006, The Bahamas (Coco Cay, Nassau)

Sovereign, August 2004, The Bahamas (Nassau)
Welland, ON
89 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
I thought I read somewhere Sandals Grande Antigua was closed... not sure if this temporary or not. You might want to try the 1-800 number.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Orlando Area
550 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Sandals Antigua is supposed to re-open on December 16. The resort doesn't extend day passes very often. In order to try to get the pass, you must call the resort directly at 268-484-0100. You will either be turned on or given the gm's email address or his assistant. Then you must send an email to request the day pass. They may or may not get back to you.

Don't go unless you have a confirmation email. We were sharing a cab with 2 other couples. We had the confirmation. They didn't despite being told to come by the front desk. We got in and they didn't. We weren't traveling with them so it didn't affect us directly. I did feel bad for them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
1,020 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Surely there are lots of beach bars that can give you an authentic Caribbean atmosphere, rather than going to a plastic artificial resort like Sandals. It's a bit like going to Italy and wanting to eat pizza in a Pizza Hut.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app
Central Florida
271 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
I just called Sandals and they confirmed they are closed until December 16th. I then emailed The Verandah and have requested reservations for two day passes for our cruise next month. No swim up bar, but it has great reviews.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Legend of the Seas 2/13
Celebrity Constellation 2/14
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 2/15
Celebrity Silhouette 2/16
Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas 2/17
Celebrity Silhouette 11/17
Celebrity Summit 4/18
Iowa
678 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Originally posted by kassimer1
we have only done the jolly beach resort but loved it so much that we have done it twice and have plans to go back in january. beautiful long beach, nice pool, very friendly staff, grat food and drinks
What is the price and contact information for jolly beach Resort all inclusive? Thanks so much!

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app