Freeport - Garden of the Groves, Bahamian Brewery, and Gold Rock Beach in a Day?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:09 PM.
Durham, NC
1,088 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
DW and I will be making an unexpected stop in Freeport in two weeks due to Irma and Key West being taken off our itinerary. In doing some quick research, Garden of the Groves, the Bahamian Brewery, and some beach time at Gold Rock Beach are of interest to us. We'll be sailing in on Enchantment of the Seas and she's scheduled to dock at 8:00 AM and depart at 5:00 PM. A few questions for those of you who've been to Freeport before:

1. Will we be able to do all of these things in that time given that Bahamian doesn't open until 10:00 AM?
  2. About how much time does the tour/tasting take at Bahamian take?
  3. What's the best way to get around the island? Should we try to engage a private tour guide or go it on our own? (We generally have preferred private guides in the past, though we go it on our own at some ports).
Thanks any and all!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

490 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Low tide is the best time to beach it at Gold Rock. Freeport Harbor low tide is at 8:15 am. If you do go, I would head there first. Wear your bathing suits, bring towels, snacks, whatever. There are no facilities out there. Sometimes there's a woman selling sodas and snacks out of her car.

Sent from my iPad using Forums