New Year's in Auckland, New Zealand

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:12 AM.
Ontario
9 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Our cruise ends in Auckland just before New Year's, on December 30th. I'm not sure how many days we need to stay in Auckland to see all the city highlights and must see attractions. What tours would you recommend to take? And finally, where can we ring in New Year's in Auckland? I'm considering a restaurant with good food, entertainment and a nice view or perhaps a dinner cruise? I'm also open to other ideas. There will be four of us - two parents and two 12-year olds, a boy and a girl. TIA!
Orewa , Auckland , N.Z.
18,978 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Just a heads up for NYE in Auckland......They have fireworks off the top of the Sky Tower to see the New Year in , so in your planning you may want to be somewhere that gives a good view of the Tower.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DAVID

P&O...12
Princess...11
HAL ...4
Norwegian Capricorn ... 3
RCCL ...2
Cunard ...2
Star Cruises ... 2
Regent Seven Seas ...2
NCL ...1

*Don't be afraid to go out on a limb ... Thats where the fruit is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only "dumb" question is the one you don't ask
Ontario
9 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Originally posted by Kiwi Kruzer
Just a heads up for NYE in Auckland......They have fireworks off the top of the Sky Tower to see the New Year in , so in your planning you may want to be somewhere that gives a good view of the Tower.
That's great to know, thank you!