What did you do in La Romana?

briehon

Dec 2016 we did Monkeyland & Dominican flavors excursion through Carnival. The bus ride was a little uncomfortable and the Dominican Flavors part was fair. The Monkeyland visit was well worth it! One of my family's all time favorite excursions! We are animal lovers and it was fantastic. Our friends felt the same way - 9 people ages 18-50+ I will say to make sure you wear tennis shoes and socks and/or spray your feet and ankles with bug spray. My daughter and I wore sandals and were bit by bugs, possibly sand fleas, and were a bit miserable. We didn't notice them at all while we were there, but that night had welts on our feet and ankles. Don't mean to scare you off, it was still an excellent excursion.

Dec 2016 we did Monkeyland & Dominican flavors excursion through Carnival. The bus ride was a little uncomfortable and the Dominican Flavors part was fair. The Monkeyland visit was well worth it! One of my family's all time favorite excursions! We are animal lovers and it was fantastic. Our friends felt the same way - 9 people ages 18-50+ I will say to make sure you wear tennis shoes and socks and/or spray your feet and ankles with bug spray. My daughter and I wore sandals and were bit by bugs, possibly sand fleas, and were a bit miserable. We didn't notice them at all while we were there, but that night had welts on our feet and ankles. Don't mean to scare you off, it was still an excellent excursion.

How long was the ride and how long was the total excursion?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

"How long was the ride and how long was the total excursion?"

I want to say that the ride was longer than an hour each way, but don't hold me to that. Maybe someone else has a better memory than mine?! According to the Carnival website, the total excursion time can vary depending on how long you are in port. I believe that mine was 5.5 - 6 hours total. There were at least two busses and my group should have been more careful about which bus we got on. The bus I was on was a bit nicer than the average US school bus but not as nice as a luxury bus. The interaction with the monkeys was top notch and not rushed at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually there is a ton of info on some great options right here, you just need to research a bit. When we visited La Romana years ago and this was a new port all of the threads here were the same, no one could find any info for this port. We researched other sources like the La Romana and Bayahibe forums on TripAdvisor and learned about Seavis Tours and Pro Excursions which both offer excellent excursions to Saona Island and other spots.

Check them out if you are interested in seeing the natural beauty of the area. No need to do an excursion through the ship.

[EDIT] Welcome to cruise critic by the way!