P&O drinks package

quby33

Simple really not everyone drinks alcohol and although Celebrity include soft drinks and speciality coffees it is not free it is included in the cruise fare on Ocean View or higher so therefore makes the cruises expensive.

I understand that is built into the price but I compared the same cruise on P&O, Princess and Celebrity to Baltic and Celebrity with the 'free' drinks package was the cheapest. That was my point.

We certainly wouldn't be tempted to try MSC, not even by the offers mentioned. It would still be plus the 18% on board and having seen an MSC cruise on the Jane Macdonald programme it doesn't attract us at all.

Actually it’s 15% gratuity on MSC, 18% on RCI Celebrity and NCL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even 15% is more than 0% - we have cruised with Cunard and even after only 5 nights we really noticed the difference that having 15% added to our on board spend made, added to which the wine is so much more expensive than P&O.

I understand that is built into the price but I compared the same cruise on P&O, Princess and Celebrity to Baltic and Celebrity with the 'free' drinks package was the cheapest. That was my point.

Never book a Princess cruise early they are notoriously expensive but always drop significantly we have booked for May and has dropped considerably since it first went on sale.

Having been on three P&O cruises IV food the system easy to use,the prices on wine were reasonable, plus the ability to bring some wine , spirits,or beer was a bonus.

Were due to have our first cruise with Celebrity,next year.

The drinks package is about £45 a day for their standard package. The drinks are expensive plus there is a 18% service charge on top.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

We have booked our next Celebrity cruise direct with them and not through an agent. We got the Classic Package included for about the same price, not sure if they're still doing that. We didn't pay anything extra for service charge, etc. Can't remember the exact figures but it wasn't a bad deal.

Unfortunately our cruise doesn't include a drink package.

It's part of a cruise which includes extra days at the beginning and ending of the cruise.

P&O prices are on a par with hotel prices in the UK.

Celebrity seem to be more expensive plus there is 18% service charge each drink.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

• 10 months later...

Hi there. Just want an update to wine packages please as I realise this post is quite a while ago. Can we just order the commodore package or the captain's package or do we have to ask for specific bottles.

This is with P and O.

Edited by Mimas happy
Added the cruise company