First time Princess cruise a few questions

kangforpres

Hi-

We are 4 star on HAL and going to try Princess since it sails out of our home port San Francisco, and I just have a few questions.

1. The Specialty Dinner for Full Suite passengers on embarkation Day. I assume that's booked once we board? And is it in the Crown Grill?

2. What are the Fitness Room hours?

3. Music in the Crooner's Lounge? I'm assuming standards from the Sinatra era with live musicians?

OK that's all. - Paul

1. Assuming you are on Grand Princess (as that is the only Princess ship sailing out of San Francisco) you can dine at either Crown Grill or Sabatini's on embarkation day. Just phone the Dine Line when you reach your cabin (calls from suites go to the front of the queue) and request the venue and time you wish. If you don't call right away you will soon receive a message asking your preference.
  2. Fitness center hours should be roughly from 8AM to 10PM. But because of its location directly over passenger cabins the cardio machines may not be powered on until 9AM or so.
  3. Crooner's Bar will have a piano entertainer most nights, occasionally with an additional vocalist. But not a full band. While it does carry a "rat pack" theme whether songs from that era are featured depends on the repertoire of the pianist. But on all my cruises they have been receptive to requests.

Just got off 28 days on Emerald Princess. The singer in Crooner's for most of the cruise (I think he boarded in Hawaii) was a french man. He had a number of different types of songs he played and he also took requests. A couple of requests that he didn't know he played the next night. Some of the songs he played I didn't particularly enjoy but others did so that was fine. One that I don't really care for was "Tie A Yellow Ribbon" but the fact that I kept trying to envision it the way he sang it kind of made up for the fact that I don't care for the song. I kept trying to envision exactly how one would "Tie a Jello Ribbon". :p

On a 17 day Canal crossing a couple of years back we had Ray Coussins who was a piano player for Frank Sinatra. You definitely got more Rat Pack songs (and stories) with him.

Hi-

We are 4 star on HAL and going to try Princess since it sails out of our home port San Francisco, and I just have a few questions.

1. The Specialty Dinner for Full Suite passengers on embarkation Day. I assume that's booked once we board? And is it in the Crown Grill?

2. What are the Fitness Room hours?

3. Music in the Crooner's Lounge? I'm assuming standards from the Sinatra era with live musicians?

OK that's all. - Paul

Crooner's is a piano player/singer, no band. Each entertainer has their own style, and they perform songs from various eras and genre, not just crooner tunes. It is a popular place after 9pm.

You didn't ask, but don't forget your daily mimosa breakfast at Sabatini's exclusively for full suite passengers and the Club Class Dining for dinner each day and lunch on sea days.

Kevin: This seems like a foolish investment (about $6,600) for someone who has never sailed on Princess before and who might not particularly enjoy Princess.

But for anyone who enjoys Princess Cruises and cruises frequently, your advice is sound. $100 per cruise OBC for a seven day cruise, two cruises per year, this is an additional 3% return on the investment. Several years ago, when the stock price was about $40, I decided that it was a worthwhile investment -- 4% return over and above the dividend if I sail twice per year.

Kevin: This seems like a foolish investment (about $6,600) for someone who has never sailed on Princess before and who might not particularly enjoy Princess.

But for anyone who enjoys Princess Cruises and cruises frequently, your advice is sound. $100 per cruise OBC for a seven day cruise, two cruises per year, this is an additional 3% return on the investment. Several years ago, when the stock price was about $40, I decided that it was a worthwhile investment -- 4% return over and above the dividend if I sail twice per year.

This year we will get $600.

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer US $250 £125 200 AUD 250

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days+ US $100 £ 50 75 AUD 100

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less US $ 50 £ 25 40 AUD 50