Wine package

Sailaway25

I would check with your wine steward early on in the cruise but I see no reason why you couldn't just hand over however many vouchers you have left on the last night telling him you want the bottles unopened.

I have bought the wine package in the past and it was a good deal, but decided against it this year. I checked the individual bottle prices against the package price and even when you added the 15% service charge to the individual bottles the package worked out only marginally better. Where you would make a saving would be if you were cruising in Spanish waters when they would then add Spanish VAT to the individual bottle price but not if you were on the package. Even then it's easy enough to order the night before.

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

Regards, Colin.

I would check with your wine steward early on in the cruise but I see no reason why you couldn't just hand over however many vouchers you have left on the last night telling him you want the bottles unopened.

I have bought the wine package in the past and it was a good deal, but decided against it this year. I checked the individual bottle prices against the package price and even when you added the 15% service charge to the individual bottles the package worked out only marginally better. Where you would make a saving would be if you were cruising in Spanish waters when they would then add Spanish VAT to the individual bottle price but not if you were on the package. Even then it's easy enough to order the night before.

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

Regards, Colin.

Colin, do you know how they determine Spanish waters......we’ve just come back from a cruise to the Canaries on QE and we were only charged the additional tax whilst at La Coruna...........now my Geography isn’t the best but why wouldn’t the Canaries count as Spanish waters?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking forward to my 3rd cruise at Christmas. We are thinking of buying a wine package, however I we don’t finish all of the bottles before the end of the cruise, will they Box the rest up to take home.. thanks

I did this on a QM2 Southampton - Quebec round trip last year. I picked up a nasty virus somewhere in N America and was ill for a few days on the return TA so didn't get through all the package. Just one left, but I chose what I wanted on the last night and the bottle was in my cabin very quickly. I suppose it might have been a special case because they knew I had been ill, but I imagine it would happen anyway - they're all paid for after all.

I'm not certain that they'll box them up for you ;) but you can certainly take home any unused bottles from your wine package .

Your Sommelier will be aware the evening before disembarkation that you have additional bottles left over, just hand in the remaining vouchers.

There is no problem whatsoever in having the leftovers delivered to your room, or indeed, anything delivered to your room any day you want.

We did it again 2 weeks ago on QE (Canaries & Madeira). We had 1 x 12 Commodare & 1 x 12 Captain but had 3 vouchers left, so used them up. The port is very good.

The package saves you between 5% - 10% and there's no service charge. You also get a favourable exchange rate if booked before you travel (UK pax).

Can a wine package be spread over two voyages (I.e. a back to back)? It sounds like they're paper vouchers. Do they have the voyage number on them?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Forums mobile app

NO, That's why we have taken leftovers home on two separate occasions.

They have your Voyage No and room No on them.

In a word, YES, but not as good as it was about 5 yrs ago.

Don't be coy, how long ago was this and how did the rate compare against the then current tourist rate and/or the market rate? The silly rate from last year is long gone but if Cunard are still giving a discount through their exchange rate for advance purchases in Sterling of things like wine packages it's worth knowing and sharing.

Hmm. Taking the hint, I tried to book a package for our 1st Oct 2018 cruise. Logging in to the Voyage Personaliser, I could select preferred table size and bed layout. There was an apparently clickable box inviting me to "Enrich your cruise with one of our exceptional wine packages", but clicking on it did nothing. Is there a date relative to cruise date before which you can't do such things, or is it just bad web-site programming? (Tried with two different web browsers).

Stuart

Hmm. Taking the hint, I tried to book a package for our 1st Oct 2018 cruise. Logging in to the Voyage Personaliser, I could select preferred table size and bed layout. There was an apparently clickable box inviting me to "Enrich your cruise with one of our exceptional wine packages", but clicking on it did nothing. Is there a date relative to cruise date before which you can't do such things, or is it just bad web-site programming? (Tried with two different web browsers).

Stuart

You must phone them to order a wine package.

Stuart

I think this does qualify as unfortunate web site design. Here is the image I see displayed at the top of the "Dining" page in my Voyage Personaliser here in the US.

Wine%20Bannners%203.jpg

This appears to be a static banner image with no link behind it to allow you to actually "Find out more..." as the image implies.

Edit: Sorry, the image from the Voyage Personaliser may not be appearing for everyone, especially if you are in the UK, or not actually logged in to the Voyage Personaliser. Suffice it to say the image states "Enrich your cruise with one of our exceptional wine packages. Find out more...". But there is no link associated with the image.

Regards, John

Edited by bluemarble