Princess insurance Question

septrack

Just had to cancel Nov 26th Regal cruise due to mom's hospitalization. Fully covered by our platinum Princess insurance.

Question: Will the FCC used to book cruise be redeposited, or will we receive the purchased value as compensation, and lose the future use of the FCC and it's potential on board credits.:cool:

Just had to cancel Nov 26th Regal cruise due to mom's hospitalization. Fully covered by our platinum Princess insurance.

Question: Will the FCC used to book cruise be redeposited, or will we receive the purchased value as compensation, and lose the future use of the FCC and it's potential on board credits.:cool:

The only time the Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) - not Future Cruise Credit (FCC) - you used to book would be redeposited is if you cancel before final payment when the deposit is refundable. Since you cancelled after final payment, the deposit is not refundable, so you don't get the FCD back.

The money you get from the insurance is different than the money you get back from Princess. Princess will refund you in cash a percentage of the cruise charges based on the number of days prior to the cruise that you cancelled, as covered in the passage contract. Princess will also refund money you prepaid for excursions and for other prepaid purchases if you cancelled prior to the cancellation deadline for these purchases. This will be done whether or not you have insurance.

If you have Princess Vacation Protection and cancel for a covered reason, then you will receive the nonrefundable portions from the insurance. The insurance will not give you a FCD. They will pay cash for everything you paid that was not refundable, subject to the conditions and limitations of the policy.

If you have Princess Vacation Protection and cancel for a non-covered reason, then you receive the nonrefundable portions back in cruise credit - not in cash. These cruise credits are not a FCD - they cannot be used to pay a deposit on a future cruise, and they don't earn FCD OBC on a future cruise. They can be used as credit towards final payment on a future cruise within specific time limitations.

I applied a $100 future cruise credit (FCC) to a future cruise to be used for my deposit, Three days before the cruise began I had to cancel due to unexpected emergency open heart surgery. Princess and AON refunded all the money I paid including the $100 except for the cost of Princess insurance. Princess then refused to let me repurchase my now lost future cruise credit (FCC).

Great information, but I’m not sure I understand how Princess will handle credits. We are seriously thinking of cancelling our cruise coming up in 3 weeks. We do have the Platinum Princess Insurance. We are looking at the same cruise in January. Does anyone know how Princess will handle this? I have not yet spoken with Princess. Thx!