A small Carnival Victory review (3-Day 11/17/17)

CruiseAdict218

This being my 3rd cruise with Carnival, first 3-Day, first time sailing from Miami. We initial booked this because of the Carnival Live featuring Nick Jonas, so it really came down to the Victory or Liberty but we choose the Victory.

I travelled with my niece and older brother, the three of us shared on interior cabin on deck 8. Room does feel a little tight, I believe the third bed is a fold out one. My niece liked the bed, but the bigger beds were way better, we were pretty obsessed with them,. Cabin Stewart was friendly, had our rooms cleaned and ready in no time at all.

We purchased FTTF, so check-in was a breeze, we were on in no time, sat at the jacuzzi in the aft part of the ship, rooms were ready by 1:30pm and our luggage was there already, key cards were at the door as well which was good. So prior to that you use your boarding pass.

The Carnival Victory overall was a pretty great ship, but to my disappointment I did see wear, most notable was up by the golf course. But she was very decorated else where; and to my surprise when we boarded she was decorated for Christmas! This made me very excited because that was one thing I've always wanted to see and my mom was pretty jealous.

MDR food was great, they both loved the food as well. We all loved the breakfast buffet and room service was also worth the money. I will say, and this also applied to my trip on the Sunshine although she had a small late night buffet. Other than room service, pizza and ice cream there are no food options (Dairy is an issue). But room service made up for it. Victory also lacks many 2.0 features, I hope she's getting them soon, did miss Guy's but the regular Carnival hamburgers were still pretty good.

Carnival Live, Featuring Nick Jonas: So my niece who is 15, and my older brother enjoy Nick Jonas so they got VIP passes, I at the time bought General Admission, which was later split into Gold and Silver onboard (Made no difference because they can still anywhere on the upper level) Basically saved $25. But none the less the show was great, would definitely love to see more people preform. By the way, they waited from 5:30 till about 8pm or so, the show got pushed back an hour but they were sat at the door and got front row seats, so the seats regardless of section while guaranteed are first come first serve.

Nassau, Bahamas: Finally get to see what all the fuss about this port is about, and I can certainly see why people dislike it or like it. The port is okay in my opinion, we went to junkanoo beach, the beach wasn't the best and the water was rocky and had seaweed. Afterward we went to Señor Frog's which I highly recommend if you enjoy bars, they play some funny games, great music. Shops were nice, always love something authentically made at the island.

Overall we had a fantastic time, 3-Days is certainly too short, you don't really connect to the staff and it's just over in no time. Hoping to get a 7-Day in on the Elation, otherwise our Horizon sailing is only 4-Days which is only one more day than this. Anyway, would love to sail on the Victory again, but this completes the class for me, fun milestone in my opinion.

I think I covered most of the highlights but any questions feel free to ask.