No Medallion but OBC

psternklar

Me too! I just called and got $100.00 obc in my cabin. My d-I-l just called and is on the phone right now with a Princess. My oldest son who had booked thru a big box ta is calling them now. We are all looking forward to our cruise on Jan 7th

I just got the email and called. They wouldn’t give me the credit now. They said they’re looking at what to offer as compensation. We don’t sail until 2/18.

The lady I spoke with in Cust Service said we’d get something but did not know what it would be. She said she’d contact me in a couple of weeks once they know what they’re giving.

I just got the email and called. They wouldn’t give me the credit now. They said they’re looking at what to offer as compensation. We don’t sail until 2/18.

The lady I spoke with in Cust Service said we’d get something but did not know what it would be. She said she’d contact me in a couple of weeks once they know what they’re giving.

It's pretty bleak that they don't expect to give you (everyone) a medallion by 2/18.

A follow up my kids who are booked in a balcony got $50 per person and had to wait on customer service for some time.i got $100 per person and am booked in a full suite.it took two calls to make it happen. My other vson who is bored led in a min suite and transferred his booking to a big box got $50 for the cabin. Who knows?

It's pretty bleak that they don't expect to give you (everyone) a medallion by 2/18.

Our friends just got their email today and they are on a b2b2b starting Feb 18 and were told they wouldn't be getting it for their cruises. They are currently on the Regal for a b2b and don't have it for this sailing either.

Received the e-mail today. Just called and was told by rep. that no O.B.C was being offered. I asked to talk to customer service rep. and was told to hang on a minute. About a minute later, the same rep. who stated nothing was being offered returned to phone and asked if $100.00 per person would be satisfactory. I held for a minute while she input the O.B.C. I checked my booking after hanging up and BINGO, there it was. $200.00 for about six minutes on the phone. :)

Our friends just got their email today and they are on a b2b2b starting Feb 18 and were told they wouldn't be getting it for their cruises. They are currently on the Regal for a b2b and don't have it for this sailing either.

The current sailing on the Regal has only 110 cabins doing the Medallion testing. Still working on solving problems. Some parts of the program work, some don't.

Tom

The current sailing on the Regal has only 110 cabins doing the Medallion testing. Still working on solving problems. Some parts of the program work, some don't.

Tom

Quite a disappointment for those eagerly expecting to experience the ***** but unable to.

For those people who have received OBC, did you book directly with Princess and call to get the OBC or did some of you book with a TA but call directly. If you are booked with a TA, does the TA have to be the one to call for the OBC?

We booked directly with Princess.

Baddah Bing! Just called Princess back and after initially being told I’d have to wait a couple of weeks, I just received a $100 per person OBC! This Cruise Critic thing is the greatest!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, the way things are looking, I am going to work on getting some OBC for my Royal Cruise. It isn't until March, but the way things are looking now............................

Pooh

You'll be interested to note, should you search for Royal cruises in 2018, none currently are designated as Medallion.

You'll be interested to note, should you search for Royal cruises in 2018, none currently are designated as Medallion.

They were when booked. Now past final payment date. Princess should have notified people sooner. We still haven’t been notified so maybe they will try to go ahead on the Royal.

I just got my credits, the amount depends on what you paid for the cruise, received credits for my 12/10 & 01/21 sailings. .

Cruises on the Royal Princess starting in mid January were also supposed to be medallion cruises.

I was on Royal last week. No sign of medallion, other than in one of the on-demand videos.

No screens at every cabin door, nor any screens that I saw anywhere throughout the ship.

Our cruise is not until the end of February and I called Princess and was told that all they could do was put in a request for a move to the section using the *****. I am not interested in moving without knowing the cabin because my wife has a medical condition that needs to be in a stable part of the ship. So we chose an inside cabin as close to midship as we could get. At least they told us before the final deposit is due, but I don't think I will cancel even if I am disappointed. If there had not been so much hype about ***** I would not be as disappointed. Princess has a good reputation in the eyes of most people I have talked to, but I really think they overhyped this and now may suffer some bad PR. But, since I have nothing to compare with from Princess (this is our first cruise with them) I don't know if they routinely over hype or not!