Princess Grill on Queen Elizabeth

eliana

We are a bit confused about the dining arrangements. We have a table for two booked. Can we dine at any time during the evening? Do we have the same table for all meals, i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Hi Eliana.

Here's a taster for you...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/12/23/dining-with-a-princess/

8370502828_5d3643d558_z.jpg

11480141816_5e849cfc27_z.jpg

Yes, go in to dine when you wish.

As well, I've had a favorite deuce booked, but on some sunny mornings have asked to "eat over there by the window to watch the sea" and staff have been very accommodating.

If Cunard served humanely-raised goose liver, I'm sure the menu would say so, or the waiters would know if asked. So for anyone who cares (and I admit that I do), better to make a quick check before ordering.

Oh, and don't forget you will have lunch in the Princess Grill on embarkation day.

Head up there soonest and check out your chosen seating arrangement.

I've seen lots of posts for Queens Grill but not many for Princess. We're travelling in Princess Grill for our first cruise next year so this thread has been really interesting, especially the sample table d'hote and a la carte menus. I've not seen an a la carte menu until now. I also wasn't aware of the opportunity to lunch on embarkation day. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

Can’t wait, the menus look enticing. Is pate de fois gras ever available on the menu or by special order. Or have Cunard surrendered to the anti-fois gras lobby.

Just a word of caution, these menus are from 2013, there are more up to date examples on the Cunard website.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/example_menu

Fois gras may be available but you would need to request any special orders in advance. Success is not guaranteed in PG, reports have been mixed.

It seems there is foie gras and foie gras. But the real aficionado will only eat that produced from geese and maybe ducks that have been forcibly fed to produce much enlarged livers, On the other hand those with ethical concerns will only eat that produced from livers that have not been artificially enlarged.The ethical lobby should not criticise Cunard, and indeed other cruise lines and restaurants, until they know which type is served.

Edited by eliana

Force feeding is illegal in many countries, including the UK, but in France is legally required for the production of foie gras. About 80% of foie gras comes from France, so in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, it's a fair assumption that any provided by Cunard involves force feeding.

Force feeding is illegal in many countries, including the UK, but in France is legally required for the production of foie gras. About 80% of foie gras comes from France, so in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, it's a fair assumption that any provided by Cunard involves force feeding.

and should be banned its inhumane to treat animals in this way just to fill a humans belly.

and should be banned its inhumane to treat animals in this way just to fill a humans belly.
Well said. I've seen the videos and steel tubes...

I would avoid ordering on board (or anywhere) unless I was completely assured that there was no forced feeding involved (including by company declaration, not just a steward's assurance).

Like wearing fur, some things are simply beyond any reason or excuse. Cunard no longer provide chilled rooms on board for passenger's furs, let us hope that barbaric foie gras goes the same way.

Edited by pepperrn

• 3 weeks later...

To answer the original question, I had foie gras in QG this last fall on board the QM2. It was part of an appetizer.

I also ate meat and wore leather shoes. I'm wearing my fur to dinner Christmas Eve, too. It belonged to my late mother, is an honored member of our family and has been lovingly cared for the last 40 years.