Let it Be Said: The Track Suit is the Ultimate Cruise Wear Ensemble, Yes?

need2cruisesoon

He's the 'guy' blamiing the wive s for the DH's bad taste innclothing. When in doubt, blame the spouse. :) Never let the guy take the blame if avaoidable in any way whatsoever. :D.

Good point - either the man exhibited bad taste in picking the leisure suit, or he showed himself to be a wimp by letting himself be dressed by his “little woman”.

It shows your age. Younger folks wear jammies all day long.

Burt

That's exactly what I was thinking! You won't find me wearing either (don't have a track suit, and only wear jammies to bed).

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I was recently on the Regal Princess this past October and had determined that the track suit is possibly the best outfit to wear on the ship, at breakfast, lunch and dinner and (evening entertainment). Plus I was very comfortable on all day excursions riding in buses and vans with little discomfort with my attire.

On my next cruise, just a track suit, shorts and some fancy Italian loafers to dress the outfit up a bit.

f06da206fd3da2daf2d8d65eea3e2439.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm usually a live and let live kinda guy but need2cruisesoon, if you travel with a significant other, please, please, please, do not wear matching fuchsia track suits with matching fushcia ball caps for even a nanosecond on your cruise. :eek:

Yep, It happened and I still can't that image out of my brain. Z:o

Wait a second.....

Need2cruisesoon,aren’t you the gentleman who met Norris (Bimmer09) on a recent Regal Princess cruise to New England and Canada?

I seem to recall a post by Norris in his excellent thread/review that told about you meeting each other in the aft smoking section. There was an accompanying photo of both of you.

I do not recall you wearing a track suit in the photo. I think you were wearing blue shorts and a t shirt. Perhaps you had changed your comfortable track suit for another comfortable outfit when that photo was taken ?

Perhaps you started this thread as a tongue*in*cheek comment about dressing styles (or lack thereof) seen onboard cruise ships?

If you are not that gentleman in the photo with Norris, please disregard this reply.

I'm guessing this thread is a joke...who knows.

Those who wear tracksuits all the time in the UK are called chavs...defined as 'a lower-class person typified by brash and loutish behaviour.'

As a 89 year old lady church once told me 'you are never too old to make an effort'.

Soft casual trousers and a polo shirt would be just as comfy.

Nice try. You can contend the poster may not agree with the definition. You and I will differ.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nobody "tried" anything. I do not believe that either the poster or I agreed with the definition - the poster merely provided it - and then you jumped judgmental.

Nobody "tried" anything. I do not believe that either the poster or I agreed with the definition - the poster merely provided it - and then you jumped judgmental.
"Judging" by the context of the post, it's not difficult to infer his/her perspective.

And, by the context of your post, that you advocate wearing track suits. So .... what?

I didn't think that was too difficult to infer either. I advocate not judging others by the clothes they wear. I was never taught that.

"So what?" What are you advocating? That you're the gatekeeper of content on these boards?

I didn't think that was too difficult to infer either. I advocate not judging others by the clothes they wear. I was never taught that.

"So what?" What are you advocating? That you're the gatekeeper of content on these boards?

The expression "So what" certainly does not indicate any advocacy of anything - if anything it suggests "who gives a damn?".

So, back to your judgmental "condescending/stereotypical much" snipe.

The expression "So what" certainly does not indicate any advocacy of anything - if anything it suggests "who gives a damn?".

So, back to your judgmental "condescending/stereotypical much" snipe.

I've clarified my post, or what I'm "advocating." Either you missed it or don't like it.

And you've clarified yours - the self-appointed gatekeeper.

Pseudo, I posted a definition.

If you take offence to that then your quarrel is not with me...its with urban dictionary/UK culture.

Fact of the matter is this. If you constantly wear tracksuits in the UK (esp to formal events) you will be called a chav by a large proportion of folk.

My personal opinion (if you are so desperate to know) is that people should dress for the occasion even if just a little. There are many more aesthetically appealing outfits that are as comfy as a tracksuit with a similar cost. Tracksuits are sportswear not dinner wear. On the flipside, people wearing certain things will not affect my holiday.

I'm just offering another perspective - that of maybe not judging others based on their attire, regardless of occasion.

Maybe it's different than the UK or wherever, but I know (or know of) some pretty wealthy people who dress far "less" than the part, whether it's a wedding or a trip to the market. It might be seen as the chav-equivalent by some who don't know any better. And based on my travels throughout the US, I think I live in a very diverse, tolerant area that probably has the least "protocol" when it comes to attire, at least very generally speaking. People do as they please, and others accept it. I can't imagine a dude here getting any blowback on a widespread scale like you describe for wanting to rock a tracksuit everyday.

I know (or know of) some pretty wealthy people who dress far "less" than the part, whether it's a wedding or a trip to the market.

There you go again, equating wealth with class. I've known a few very wealthy people who show by their behavior just how low class they really are. And I've known people of limited financial means who are some of the classiest people one could ever meet. Similarly, one needn't be wealthy to know how to dress appropriately for the occasion. You will not convince many people that a tracksuit is appropriate for a wedding unless it's being held trackside.