The Coffee Card

ladysail2

Just a quick question can you still get hot chocolate with the coffee card?

Well the Cunard website currently says -

Coffee Card

A coffee card is available to pre-purchase at a cost of $40* which allows guests, 10 regular coffees once on board (Speciality lattes, liqueur coffees, hot chocolate, extra flavours/toppings, larger sizes are not included)

Which would suggest you can't but zider's post above suggests that this is out of date anyway.

I ordered the cappuccino in the MDR after every meal and the quality did vary a bit. I got the impression that it depended on how busy the waiter was and whether it was your own waiter from evening meals. Sometimes I thought it was from a proper machine but on others it definitely wasn't - as could be told from the partially dissolved cappuccino powered at the bottom of the cup. Having said that I still prefer either to the standard coffee.

Ahh if only they had servd the only grown in the U.S. Coffee. KONA , imho is the worlds best!

Aboard the QM2 too we as Americans like our served coffee with the meal , yes during it.

The waitress we last had was nice but I guess being from Bali was worried about the volcano, as she never had our orders correct. Even after 2 weeks she did not even know what we wanted every seating..

Coffee which originated where Ethiopia is today is a wonderful bean too!

• 4 months later...

A coffee card is available to pre-purchase at a cost of $40* which allows guests, 10 regular coffees once on board (Speciality lattes, liqueur coffees, hot chocolate, extra flavours/toppings, larger sizes are not included)

Yes I have been able to get a latte FOC in MDR

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you everyone, expecially Japyke, for your most useful information. It sounds like how the Princess coffee card works. I do like coffee, nice tasting coffee, so I'll probably invest in one. I'll have to search for the places to go to get a good one. My coffee of choice is the cappuccino....I can almost taste it now, LOL

Thank you again :D

Yeah, it's like the Princess coffee card and it's a good buy. Love Sir Samuels on the QM2.

Yes I have been able to get a latte FOC in MDR

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the info.

Ahh if only they had servd the only grown in the U.S. Coffee. KONA , imho is the worlds best!

Aboard the QM2 too we as Americans like our served coffee with the meal , yes during it.

The waitress we last had was nice but I guess being from Bali was worried about the volcano, as she never had our orders correct. Even after 2 weeks she did not even know what we wanted every seating..

Coffee which originated where Ethiopia is today is a wonderful bean too!

While I really liked Kona I think the quality has gone down hill from about 40 years ago

Looking at my VP it would appear you can only buy the coffee card for the QM2 and QV. Does anyone know why you can't buy a coffee card for use on QE? As an aside, can anyone advise if kettles are available in Britannia Club staterooms (we'll be sailing from Vancouver to Southampton)? Thanks in advance :).

If what I want is a really good cup of regular coffee (not expresso, cappuccino, etc. ) what are the options? The US website really doesn't provide any info.

They serve regular coffee at Sir Samuel's, the coffee bar. Since they are using good beans and machines for the speciality coffees, I assume it's of good quality. Otherwise you option is to drink coffee in port.