[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:01 AM.
127 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by mskaufman
A couple of other things.

On this cruise the bed was most uncomfortable. I woke up with a stiff neck on day one. .
We were on the Pride the week before and had the same issue. Never had a problem with the bed on any Carnival ship before.
Columbia, MD USA
3,423 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by Slacktide
We were on the Pride the week before and had the same issue. Never had a problem with the bed on any Carnival ship before.
Us too. Usually the beds are just fine.
Columbia, MD USA
3,423 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by stellarose
any tips for blue iquana and guys burger joint? times to avoid?
Never really saw a long line at Guys. The lines at the B.I. were longer right around peak lunch times (as you would expect). However, the line moved fairly quickly.
Columbia, MD USA
3,423 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by Arzeena
Thanks for your review. Enjoyed reading it. We will be on the Pride on Sunday.
Have an awesome cruise.
Delaware
61 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Originally posted by chocolate melting cake
Ken is the head Maitre D for Carnival---he trains all the new Maitre Ds and sets up the ships. We've been lucky enough to be on 4 of his cruises (I gave him this "light up" bow tie on the last one). Twice he performed a night of Sinatra music when performers did not show, his concerts were packed! Hoping he'll sail with us on the new Horizon for the transatlantic.

I totally agree! Ken is fabulous! I was on the Pride from 12/10 - 12/17. He sang every night....everything Sinatra! As for him being on the Horizon, I asked him how long he would be on the Pride, and he said that he would be going to Italy and come back on the Horizon, and then back on the Pride. I'm not sure if this was set in stone, but i heard it straight from him.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Joey from DE-

8/10/2002 CCL Imagination - Western Caribbean
8/23/2003 CCL Sensation - Western Caribbean
8/07/2004 CCL Glory - Eastern Caribbean
9/05/2005 CCL Legend - Eastern Caribbean
8/26/2007 CCL Destiny - Southern Caribbean
4/2008 Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean
5/29/2011 CCL Pride - Port Canveral / Bahamas
5/29/2016 CCL Pride - Port Canaveral / Bahamas
12/10/2017 CCL Pride - Princess Keys / Bahamas
Delaware
61 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Originally posted by stellarose
any tips for blue iquana and guys burger joint? times to avoid?
Love the Blue Iguana! I went there 3 or 4 times during my cruise and got a breakfast burrito. Soooo good!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Joey from DE-

8/10/2002 CCL Imagination - Western Caribbean
8/23/2003 CCL Sensation - Western Caribbean
8/07/2004 CCL Glory - Eastern Caribbean
9/05/2005 CCL Legend - Eastern Caribbean
8/26/2007 CCL Destiny - Southern Caribbean
4/2008 Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean
5/29/2011 CCL Pride - Port Canveral / Bahamas
5/29/2016 CCL Pride - Port Canaveral / Bahamas
12/10/2017 CCL Pride - Princess Keys / Bahamas
63 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi, Sailing soon on the Pride, couple of question?

Earliest check in time?
Recent pride fun times?
How was the pizza?
Anything special to do on the Pride?
Last time on the pride the kids were babies so did not get to do much so any advice is appreciated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mdlove2cruise
Carnival Breeze Aug 2017 Western
Carnival Breeze April 2015 Western
Carnival Dream Oct 2012 Eastern Caribbean
Disney Wonder Dec 2011 Mexican Rivera
Carnival Dream Oct 2010 Western Caribbean
Carnival Pride June 2009 Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Liberty Feb 2007 Bahamas w/Caribbean
NCL 2006 Bahamas
Carnival Paradise Nov 2003 Western Caribbean
Carnival Paradise Nov 2002 Western Caribbean
Disney Magic
RCL Monarch of the Seas Southern Caribbean
Columbia, MD USA
3,423 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by mdlove2cruise
Hi, Sailing soon on the Pride, couple of question?

Earliest check in time?
Recent pride fun times?
How was the pizza?
Anything special to do on the Pride?
Last time on the pride the kids were babies so did not get to do much so any advice is appreciated.
Check in times based on a reservation you make on line. Our check in time was 2pm. We arrived closer to 1:00 and were able to get on line. Could be that the Pride got in early that day. This past Sunday I doubt that anyone checked in before 1pm. Security was not even letting cars into the port to drop off people. That is because the Pride did not dock until 11:15.

Do not have copies of Fun Times

Pizza is good and always available

There is a lot to do on the ship at different times during the day. Pretty much standard cruise ship stuff, depending on what you like.
Enosburg Falls, VT
20,044 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Check in times based on a reservation you make on line. Our check in time was 2pm. We arrived closer to 1:00 and were able to get on line. Could be that the Pride got in early that day. This past Sunday I doubt that anyone checked in before 1pm. Security was not even letting cars into the port to drop off people. That is because the Pride did not dock until 11:15.

Do not have copies of Fun Times

Pizza is good and always available

There is a lot to do on the ship at different times during the day. Pretty much standard cruise ship stuff, depending on what you like.
How is the check in at the terminal handled in Baltimore? In Miami our passport was scanned at the door and since we had completed our online check in that was all we had to do, just took a seat and waited for our boarding zone to be called. I'm hoping that it's that easy in Baltimore.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous cruises:

NCL Dream CTN May 2008
NCL Sky Bahamas April 2009 http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=54257
NCL Sky Bahamas April 2010 http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=66539
CCL Pride Bahamas October 2012 http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...EntryID=110323
NCL Gem Bahamas May 2014 http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...EntryID=255699
CCL Fascination S. Caribbean October 2016 http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...EntryID=551888
CCL Glory W. Caribbean November 2017 https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberr...EntryID=600224
CCL Pride Bahamas February 2018 https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberr...EntryID=612050

US Navy, too many to count but included 4 Med cruises (totaling 21 months) 1975-1992

I cruise because that's where the ocean is.

It beats haze gray and underway any day!
Columbia, MD USA
3,423 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
We thought it was pretty easy in Baltimore. They checked our boarding pass at the door. We waited on line for about five minutes for an agent who gave us our key and we walked on board. Timing was

Left house - 12:15 pm
Arrive port/check luggage - 12:40 pm
On board - 1:00 pm
Lunch at Lido - 1:15 pm

Worked great for us. As I said in an earlier post not so for the people on the Pride now as she was 75 minutes late getting to Baltimore and was still unloading at 1:15 pm. Security was not letting cars into the port and traffic was backed up.
NJ
7 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
We were also on the 12/24 cruise. Did anybody else come down with norovirus? Was bedridden for 3 days. Fortunately got better by the last day. Unfortunately, my daughter just got hit with it yesterday. My wife spoke with the guitarist in the band and he said that he had it the week before and was out for a few days. I also noticed the last night that the same guy who was working pizza was running across the room to also work desserts in the buffet. It made me think that they were short manned and perhaps there was something going on with the crew. And IMPORTANT FYI-- for those coming aboard soon, regular alcohol based hand sanitizers do NOT work on norovirus. You need something that contains benzethonium chloride. I forgot to bring it (and man did it cost us) this time. We've used Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer (no longer made, but available online at different places) on past cruises and have never caught a bug. Unfortunately, these things happen and it wouldn't stop us from cruising in the winter next year! Enjoy!! :
Enosburg Falls, VT
20,044 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
We thought it was pretty easy in Baltimore. They checked our boarding pass at the door. We waited on line for about five minutes for an agent who gave us our key and we walked on board. Timing was

Left house - 12:15 pm
Arrive port/check luggage - 12:40 pm
On board - 1:00 pm
Lunch at Lido - 1:15 pm

Worked great for us. As I said in an earlier post not so for the people on the Pride now as she was 75 minutes late getting to Baltimore and was still unloading at 1:15 pm. Security was not letting cars into the port and traffic was backed up.
Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous cruises:

NCL Dream CTN May 2008
NCL Sky Bahamas April 2009 http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=54257
NCL Sky Bahamas April 2010 http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=66539
CCL Pride Bahamas October 2012 http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...EntryID=110323
NCL Gem Bahamas May 2014 http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...EntryID=255699
CCL Fascination S. Caribbean October 2016 http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...EntryID=551888
CCL Glory W. Caribbean November 2017 https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberr...EntryID=600224
CCL Pride Bahamas February 2018 https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberr...EntryID=612050

US Navy, too many to count but included 4 Med cruises (totaling 21 months) 1975-1992

I cruise because that's where the ocean is.

It beats haze gray and underway any day!
28 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
We were on the Pride 2 years ago on Christmas.
Ken's singing in the dining room was one of the things I enjoyed most on the Pride.
Even my 13-year old DD was impressed!
Northest PA
1,024 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Ken is the best and he told us he loves working on the Pride.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Imagination - Jan. 2001, Explorer of the Seas - Jan 2002, Conquest - Jan 2003 Glory - Nov 2003
Legend - Jan 2005, Liberty - Nov 2005, Sensation - Aug 2006, Imagination - Jan 2009
Pride - Oct 2013, Jan 2014, Oct 2014, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Apr 2017, Oct 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 2018
Columbia, MD USA
3,423 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by yort44
We were also on the 12/24 cruise. Did anybody else come down with norovirus? Was bedridden for 3 days. Fortunately got better by the last day. Unfortunately, my daughter just got hit with it yesterday. My wife spoke with the guitarist in the band and he said that he had it the week before and was out for a few days. I also noticed the last night that the same guy who was working pizza was running across the room to also work desserts in the buffet. It made me think that they were short manned and perhaps there was something going on with the crew. And IMPORTANT FYI-- for those coming aboard soon, regular alcohol based hand sanitizers do NOT work on norovirus. You need something that contains benzethonium chloride. I forgot to bring it (and man did it cost us) this time. We've used Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer (no longer made, but available online at different places) on past cruises and have never caught a bug. Unfortunately, these things happen and it wouldn't stop us from cruising in the winter next year! Enjoy!! :
Sorry you had this. I did not hear it from someone else. We did notice that Carnival was not as strict with the use of hand sanitizers as other lines. On HAL (a Carnival brand?) they did not let passengers touch buffet utensils until day 3. On NCL there was someone at the entrance to each eating venue almost forcing guests to use the sanitizer saying "washy washy". Glad you have recovered.
Maryland
1,457 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
My DD14 is a big Sinatra fan and just adored Ken.

We were onboard last week too until we had to disembark in Nassau.

Our embarkation was quick and painless. The wait was to hand over the luggage. after that, we had just a few minutes wait to pay for parking. we then walked right into the terminal, through security, checked in and were on the ship with no wait at all.

When we returned to the port on Sunday afternoon to pick up the car, it was a different story. We had to go through the Harbor Tunnel twice because they closed the exit because cars were backing up unto I95. It took rat minutes to get me close enough that I could safely walk to the car.

It was about 10 degrees outside and the lines to get into the terminal, nonexistent last week, were long, with many people very unprepared. We had originally thought to leave our heavy winter coats in the car instead of lugging them with us. I am so glad we didn’t!

One other thing of note that I didn’t know beforehand was that even with the Cheers! package, sales tax is charge on all drinks until midnight of the first night. Each slip was for like $.83. Had I known it ended at midnight, I would have waited a few minutes before ordering my Christmas toast.

We enjoyed the cruise, but I don’t think we will do a Christmas cruise, or a winter departure from Baltimore again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cindy

My cruise blog. Links to photos, Cruise Critic Member Reviews and Cruise Critic photo reviews
Maryland
1,457 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Thanks. We are possibly looking at a hard road. We don’t know yet. It will take time.

On a brighter note, Carnival really helped and made it an easy process. We had left Carnival for a few years because of customer service issues, but came back this summer to try Vista. I am glad we did.

And I will be shouting from the rooftops if they manage to pull off my single request of them — a copy of one of our formal night family photos. We didn’t get the chance to buy it before we left and it sure would mean a lot to me to have it. Though I am hopeful, we may not get another chance for all of us to cruise together again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cindy

My cruise blog. Links to photos, Cruise Critic Member Reviews and Cruise Critic photo reviews