Temperture of the queen mary 2

smarks

This will be our first time on Cunard but have cruise many time with Carnival. Some ships are very cold and others are warm on formal nights. We will be traveling on a transatlantic from Southampton to NY in May if that makes a difference. Thanks for the replies.

This will be our first time on Cunard but have cruise many time with Carnival. Some ships are very cold and others are warm on formal nights. We will be traveling on a transatlantic from Southampton to NY in May if that makes a difference. Thanks for the replies.
Welcome to Cunard :) .

I've crossed WB many times on QM2, twice in May.

I've not found the temperature to be too hot or too cold. I often wear (or carry) a sweater (pullover) in the public rooms during the daytime, and at night I am wearing a jacket of course. Ladies might consider wearing/taking a wrap in the evenings for shoulders to give options in case it is too warm or cool depending on personal preference.

Outside the temperature is likely to be cool to cold. You'll need a coat or heavy knitwear. This is the north Atlantic, not a warm-water slow cruise around the islands. As you near the American coast on the last couple of days at sea the temperatures can pick up; you may see people using the two outside pools. However, most passengers will be wrapped up, even on sun-loungers. There is a great "indoor" pool (under glass) on Deck 12 that I use a lot on crossings.

Have a great time! :) There are photos of my May crossings via these two links:

www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/albums/72157644739877031

www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/albums/72157626684147779

And a look around the QM2 here:

www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/albums/72157627503155752

Bon Voyage! :)

I agree with Pepperrn on the QM2's inside temperature. We have done crossings in all the seasons including B2B crossings in December and have always found the temperature inside to be quite comfortable throughout the ship. I'll hazzard a guess that temperature is about 68°F (20°C). However, DW does frequently take a shoulder wrap if we are going to be sitting for a show or lecture in the theaters or in the Queens Room ballroom for when we are not dancing. Outside can be anything, but is frequently quite windy and chilly.

Welcome to Cunard :) .

I've crossed WB many times on QM2, twice in May.

I've not found the temperature to be too hot or too cold. I often wear (or carry) a sweater (pullover) in the public rooms during the daytime, and at night I am wearing a jacket of course. Ladies might consider wearing/taking a wrap in the evenings for shoulders to give options in case it is too warm or cool depending on personal preference.

Outside the temperature is likely to be cool to cold. You'll need a coat or heavy knitwear. This is the north Atlantic, not a warm-water slow cruise around the islands. As you near the American coast on the last couple of days at sea the temperatures can pick up; you may see people using the two outside pools. However, most passengers will be wrapped up, even on sun-loungers. There is a great "indoor" pool (under glass) on Deck 12 that I use a lot on crossings.

Have a great time! :) There are photos of my May crossings via these two links:

www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/albums/72157644739877031

www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/albums/72157626684147779

And a look around the QM2 here:

www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/albums/72157627503155752

Bon Voyage! :)

Thank you pepperrn for the reply. It's always good to have an idea of what to expect on a ship. Your pictures are beautiful. I have only looked at the first link but will be checking out the other in a bit. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

I agree with Pepperrn on the QM2's inside temperature. We have done crossings in all the seasons including B2B crossings in December and have always found the temperature inside to be quite comfortable throughout the ship. I'll hazzard a guess that temperature is about 68°F (20°C). However, DW does frequently take a shoulder wrap if we are going to be sitting for a show or lecture in the theaters or in the Queens Room ballroom for when we are not dancing. Outside can be anything, but is frequently quite windy and chilly.

Thank you BobBranst for the reply. Sounds like we will be staying off the outside decks at night. I'm so excited about this cruise.

This May 10 will be our 6th QM2 crossing, our 3rd at this time of year. Weather on the North Atlantic can change on a dime. I take a waterproof jacket, a down vest, a beret and a sweater so that I can layer as necessary to go outside for a turn on the lovely Promenade. For dinner, it is wise to carry a wrap, just in case, especially if you will be without sleeves.

I hope that you enjoy your crossing.

Karen

This May 10 will be our 6th QM2 crossing' date=' our 3rd at this time of year. Weather on the North Atlantic can change on a dime. I take a waterproof jacket, a down vest, a beret and a sweater so that I can layer as necessary to go outside for a turn on the lovely Promenade. For dinner, it is wise to carry a wrap, just in case, especially if you will be without sleeves.

I hope that you enjoy your crossing.

Karen[/quote']

Thank you Karen for some good information. I've honestly never owned a wrap. May have to go shopping for one. I will be wearing long sleeves though. Thanks again.

Sandra

I once asked at the pursers desk the main area temperature, long story, and the answer I got was 21 Celsius, no idea what that is in Fahrenheit.

Thank you Moscowlad. I did have to Google it. 69.8 degrees fahrenheit. That is a perfect temperture for me.

Sandra