RC Adventure Of The Seas 2018

Day 4 - At Sea

Today we spent sailing in the Caribbean Sea all day and had a such an amazing time! We first attended Bingo at the Optix teen club and I won a bag and a panda (which I gave to my girlfriend Rachel). Next we hit the Flowrider (still all of our favorite part on the ship) and learned some new tricks on it!!!!!! After that we went to the hot tub, pool, helipad, and the shuffle board courts where me and Rachel won 3 times in a row [emoji23] Later that night we went to dinner at Johnny Rockets and dinner part 2 at the WindJammer Cafe. We are all having such an awesome time in this cruise and I can't wait for tomorrow when we ride jet skis and snorkel in Curacao!!!!!!

(Thanks Shamarock Girl for helping with all these questions/comments.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A future cruiser would appreciate an update on the new cabin being built on deck 11 (starboard side by the spa). Don't mind the Do Not Enter signs - just peek in there to see the progress and report.

I just took a walk up there; the doors to that hallway are all locked. Sorry Biker

C7AEF1EF-56F0-4041-AF97-709DD35BADF3.jpeg.00b5056c44f9430a63ec5b41e0338684.jpeg

8A23EF91-2152-409A-9E25-235967C038ED.jpeg.fc8acdcd4dd8f8decf51392475e158f0.jpeg

3F4214AB-F477-4BFC-A90F-48A63B3700DE.jpeg.8f106b5c55b87e9e695649483535420f.jpeg

Thanks for trying - maybe they were tired of people sneaking a peek and locked the doors.

If I was booked in one of the deck 11 JS (like one of our friends) on upcoming cruise and it wasn't ready I sure would be VERY unhappy...especially if there are no other JS or GS for Royal to move me in to. There should be much issuing of FCC certs.... but airplane tix and hotel reimburse?

Did any of you happen to get the 15-drink-coffee-card (for $31)? I'm wondering if cafe promenade was charging 2 punches for grande drinks, or 1 punch. I've read conflicting information and Adventure seemed to be one of the 2-punch ships the last I read (which really makes no sense, since then it's more expensive to use the card than to pay as you go). I know I can just wait until I'm on board to find out and purchase the card then, but if I wanted to get a beverage package instead, it's cheaper to do that beforehand. Thanks!

If I was booked in one of the deck 11 JS (like one of our friends) on upcoming cruise and it wasn't ready I sure would be VERY unhappy...especially if there are no other JS or GS for Royal to move me in to. There should be much issuing of FCC certs.... but airplane tix and hotel reimburse?

Haha. I'm sure your friend/future cruiser is very appreciative of everyone's diligence in trying to gain insight into the new Deck 11 cabins.

Did any of you happen to get the 15-drink-coffee-card (for $31)? I'm wondering if cafe promenade was charging 2 punches for grande drinks, or 1 punch. I've read conflicting information and Adventure seemed to be one of the 2-punch ships the last I read (which really makes no sense, since then it's more expensive to use the card than to pay as you go). I know I can just wait until I'm on board to find out and purchase the card then, but if I wanted to get a beverage package instead, it's cheaper to do that beforehand. Thanks!

No one I know has the 15-drink-coffee-card, so I’m afraid I can’t help with your 1 punch vs. 2 punch question. I am glad I purchased the Refreshment Package when it was on sale 6 months ago. I’ve used it for lots of bottled water, iced coffee, Diet Coke, and a couple of non-alcoholic frozen concoctions.

Day 5 - Curacao

Today in Curacao we went hey skiing around an outlet and snorkeled above a ship wreck! Ship wrecks are always so incredible to see because there's always a lot of dishes living there and some really cool coral growing off of it. Anyways I took a jet ski with my girlfriend Rachel and I went pretty fast [emoji23] The fastest I got going was about 50 mph!!!!!! Rachel loved that I'm sure. For the second half of the jet ski tour Rachel drove the jet ski and I did convince her to get it going to 40 mph!!!!!! Then Rachel and I had a great time at the beach afterwards and caught some great waves while renting surfboards. (We can't exactly bring our own on the plane.) Then we headed back to the ship, hit the Flowrider as usual and the water slides and later that night Rachel and I gazed under the stars in the hot tub to finish off the night at 1:00 am!!!!!! Make sure to check in tomorrow for Aruba!!!!!!

(Reviews are usually posted the day after the events in the review).

IMG_0089.thumb.jpg.79f49ce13c007aebd167fd70b248b516.jpg

IMG_0441.thumb.jpg.842685a73bdfa4a3b7db7a81767a25ba.jpg

Edited by jakethecruiser

No one I know has the 15-drink-coffee-card, so I’m afraid I can’t help with your 1 punch vs. 2 punch question. I am glad I purchased the Refreshment Package when it was on sale 6 months ago. I’ve used it for lots of bottled water, iced coffee, Diet Coke, and a couple of non-alcoholic frozen concoctions.

Does the refreshment package include things that can be taken off the ship, like vitamin water or juice?

Day 6 - Aruba

Aruba is now one of my favorite islands for 2 main reasons: Its HUGE and the beaches so amazing. They all have that bright Caribbean sand and that satisfying light blue Caribbean water like the others. Aruba has some really fun people as well. We chose a catamaran and snorkeling excursion here and my girlfriend Rachel and I found a huge school of fish at the first site. There must have been millions of them. There were so many that every now and then you could see a wall of fish and you couldn't see the other side of it!!!!!! The next site was a shipwreck. In fact, it is the largest shipwreck in the entire Caribbean Sea. Me and Rachel drove down and actually sat on the shipwreck. After that, the catamaran took us to a beach where we all got free lunch and some time at the beach, so while everyone else kind of did their own thing, me and Rachel decided to rent a paddle board, once again not very easy to bring your own on a plane, and had a lot of fun in the water!!!!!! Afterwards, we headed back to the ship and passed by some really amazing beaches (pictures below). On the ship we hit the Flowrider and waterslides, as usual. And we also went to the helipad after dinner and the winds were so intense!!!!!! They actually we're almost pushing us over so we were all holding on to benches!!!!!! We then went to the Pool-side disco party after that and had a ton of fun there. That's all for Aruba, see you tomorrow for another day at sea!!!!!!

(Reviews are usually posted the day after they take place and I will try to get to as many of your comments/questions as possible.)

Does the refreshment package include things that can be taken off the ship, like vitamin water or juice?

Just bottled water. You could probably put the fresh squeezed OJ in a container yourself and take that off.

I just stopped by Cafe Promenade for my afternoon iced coffee and asked the server about “punches” on the 15-drink-coffee-card. He said it depends on the drink, but usually anything in the “Tall” (12 oz.) cup is 1 punch; drinks in the “Grande” (16 oz.) cup, or “Venti” (20 oz.) cup are 2 punches.

Also, a couple of times on this trip I have been able to get cans of diet soda with my Refreshment Package at Cafe Promenade and the Blue Moon (VCL).