Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:43 PM.
East Tennessee
1,423 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
I’m hearing a person jumped overboard from the Epic tonight. Anyone else have information? If true, I pray they are rescued.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCI Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean Inaugural Cruise '04
RCI Mariner of the Seas Eastern Caribbean w/Nassau, St. Thomas '05
RCI Mariner of the Seas Eastern Caribbean w/Cococay, St. John '06
RCI Mariner of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Reunion Cruise, San Juan '07
RCI Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean '08
RCI Mariner of the Seas Eastern Caribbean '08
RCI Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean '09
RCI Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean/ Western USA Tour '10
RCI Allure of the Seas Western '11
RCI Allure of the Seas Eastern '12
RCI Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean '13
RCI Freedom of the Seas '14
RCI Seranade of the Seas New Orleans/Bahama'15
RCI Independence of the Seas '15
,etc.
South Carolina
222 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Yes we are onboard the epic now. It is true. She was horseplaying. We turned rhe ship around and she was recovered. There were no obstacles on the way down like life boats, etc, so nothing to hit. Captain said she was recovered from the water and was taken to the infirmary.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,782 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
if that is indeed the case, she's very lucky.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Sensation - Bahamas, January, 2011
NCL Star - Bermuda, July, 2012
NCL Breakaway - Bermuda, September, 2013
NCL Breakaway - Bahamas, April, 2014
NCL Epic - Western Caribbean, November, 2014
NCL Jewel - Western Caribbean, April, 2015
NCL Getaway - Eastern Caribbean, August, 2015
NCL Dawn - Western Caribbean, January, 2016
NCL Star - Baltics, May, 2016 (Non-Haven 2 Bedroom Suite)
NCL Sun - Alaska, September, 2016
NCL Gem - Eastern Caribbean, December, 2016 (New Year's Sail)(Haven 2 Bedroom Suite)
NCL Breakaway - Bermuda, May, 2017
NCL Jewel - Alaska, September, 2017
NCL Jade - Cozumel, January, 2018 (Non-Haven Aft Penthouse Suite)
NCL Star - Panama Canal (West to East), April, 2018 (Non-Haven SJ Family Suite)

In the Works:
NCL Getaway - Western Caribbean, September, 2018 (Haven Penthouse Suite)
NCL Spirit - Italy and Greek Isles, October, 2018
NCL Escape - Bahamas, December, 2018 (New Year's Sail)
NCL Dawn - Bahamas, May, 2019 (Non-Haven Forward Penthouse Suite)
NCL Escape - Bermuda, September, 2019
1,097 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by Briar Patch
Yes we are onboard the epic now. It is true. She was horseplaying. We turned rhe ship around and she was recovered. There were no obstacles on the way down like life boats, etc, so nothing to hit. Captain said she was recovered from the water and was taken to the infirmary.

That woman was incredibly lucky. I'm glad she survived.

There are 1600 rowdy college students on spring break from Florida University on here.
This is why I never book a cruise for March or April.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 Norwegian Jade 4 day Cozumel https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2592418
2017 Norwegian Star Panama Canal full transit https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2577896
2016 Norwegian Epic E. Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...highlight=epic
2016 Norwegian Jade W. Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...highlight=jade
2015 Norwegian Dawn W. Caribbean
2014 Norwegian Star Panama Canal full transit http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130707
2011 Carnival Valor W. Caribbean
2009 MS Giselle Nile River Cruise
2005 RCI Rhapsody of the Seas W. Caribbean

Future cruises:
2018 NCL Jade British Isles
2019 Holland Alaskan Cruise/Tour
2020 NCL Epic ABC cruise
Frozen Tundra
9,041 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
What is the 1st photo supposed to be? A glow worm?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCI Voyager of the Seas: Feb. 2001 Disney Magic: Dec. 2003 Disney Magic: Feb. 2005 Disney Magic: Dec. 2006
NCL Spirit: New Year's week Dec. 2009-'10 NCL Getaway: May 2014 NCL Epic: Nov. 2014
NCL Escape Transatlantic: Oct. 2015 NCL Escape: May 2016 NCL Breakaway: June 2017 NCL Escape: May 2018
Coming up next: Viking River Cruise: June 2019 NCL Encore: Nov. 2019
East Tennessee
1,423 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Thank you for the update. I hope she is recovering well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCI Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean Inaugural Cruise '04
RCI Mariner of the Seas Eastern Caribbean w/Nassau, St. Thomas '05
RCI Mariner of the Seas Eastern Caribbean w/Cococay, St. John '06
RCI Mariner of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Reunion Cruise, San Juan '07
RCI Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean '08
RCI Mariner of the Seas Eastern Caribbean '08
RCI Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean '09
RCI Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean/ Western USA Tour '10
RCI Allure of the Seas Western '11
RCI Allure of the Seas Eastern '12
RCI Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean '13
RCI Freedom of the Seas '14
RCI Seranade of the Seas New Orleans/Bahama'15
RCI Independence of the Seas '15
,etc.
South Carolina
222 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by SFlo
FYI, there is no "Florida University." There is an University of Florida and a Florida State University, but neither of those were on spring break this week. There are a number of Florida colleges on spring break this week, so I'm sure it was one of them.
Not trying to be technical, but there were many many spring breakers, all from Florida. Either way, none of them acted responsibly or respectfully.
So let me correct myself since everyone likes to correct someone~ ~like it matters ~ to say COLLEGE STUDENTS FROM FLORIDA
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Chicago, IL
55 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
http://www.wfmynews2.com/article/new.../507-526537309
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Future cruises:

NCL Bliss - October 5, 2018 - Mexican Riviera
MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) - December 8, 2018 - Eastern Caribbean
NCL Getaway - March 3, 2019 - Western Caribbean
RCL Symphony of the Seas - September 7, 2019 - Eastern Caribbean
NCL Bliss - December 1, 2019 - Southern Caribbean (From NYC!)
NCL Epic - March 15, 2020 - Southern Caribbean
Virgin Voyages - 2020!

Past cruises:
RCL Freedom of the Seas - April 8, 2018 - Western Caribbean
NCL Escape - December 2, 2017 - Western Caribbean
NCL Dawn - December 10, 2016 - Western Caribbean
California
446 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
As a 29 year old party girl I would definitely say they overwhelmed the ship. They were university of Florida students. Most of them were wearing Greek letters. Individually many of them seemed like decent kids but they OVERWHELMED everything. I’ve been on the Dawn out of NOLA and a 6 day on the escape and it was a very different vibe. Extremely hard to get drinks at almost ANY bar. I was in a studio so I didn’t hear them in the halls. They were almost all 4 to a room. I’m curious what the capacity was. This has lead me to decide to cancel a future cruise and stick to land based vacations. I wouldn’t have minded some spring breakers but the sheer numbers of them was insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

...Another adventure awaits...

Norwegian Bliss 10-27-18 Mexican Riviera

---------PAST CRUISES----------

Norwegian Dawn 12-11-16 - Western Caribbean -
SOLO trip because I PASSED the CA bar on my first try and I need a dang vacation!

Norwegian Escape 7-31-16 - Western Caribbean-
SOLO Post Bar/Graduation from Law School-M.S.W. Program & 28th Birthday Trip!

Caribbean Princess 7-29-13 -British Isles-
The most wonderful family vacation that I will cherish forever! WHO IS FROM CALIFORNIA!!!!

Freedom of the Seas 5-27-12 -Caribbean-
College Graduation Trip! Wild times with Nana and the siblings!

Ruby Princess 7-16-10 -Grand Mediterranean-
First time cruiser. Wonderful family trip with an incredible itinerary!
Frozen Tundra
9,041 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
FYI, there is no "Florida University." There is an University of Florida and a Florida State University, but neither of those were on spring break this week. There are a number of Florida colleges on spring break this week, so I'm sure it was one of them.
U of F is on Spring Break.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCI Voyager of the Seas: Feb. 2001 Disney Magic: Dec. 2003 Disney Magic: Feb. 2005 Disney Magic: Dec. 2006
NCL Spirit: New Year's week Dec. 2009-'10 NCL Getaway: May 2014 NCL Epic: Nov. 2014
NCL Escape Transatlantic: Oct. 2015 NCL Escape: May 2016 NCL Breakaway: June 2017 NCL Escape: May 2018
Coming up next: Viking River Cruise: June 2019 NCL Encore: Nov. 2019
Philadelphia
66 Posts
Joined Mar 2003

Actually.. University of Florida Spring break started March 3rd...

Spring 2018Dates and Deadlines
Holidays No classes :
March 3 - 10: Spring Break

and there were well over 1000 U of F students on board this week...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
34 Cruises and counting....

15 Carnival Cruises on 9 different ships
12 NCL Cruises on 6 different ships
3 Celebrity Cruises on 3 different Ships
The Big Red Boat
RCCL Empress of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas
Princess Cruises Grand Princess
MSC Divina

Working our way through the fleets 1 cruise at a time!

Here we go Again!!!!

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Given that it is not spring break for everyone across the country and that this boat was marketed to spring breakers, there is a definite responsibility on behalf of NCL to have let non spring breakers be aware that this ship was marketed as such. My husband and I have been on over 20 ncl cruises, many of them music cruises, and we have never seen anything like this. My kids couldn't even access the pool through the entire duration. My 14 year old tried climbing in to a hot tub at one point and a fight broke out between the spring breakers warranting security to intervene. We couldn't enjoy our balcony because drunken people were screaming "land ahoy" at all hours, smoking weed, blasting music, and throwing things over board. This is in addition to the multiple bathrooms we went in that were laden with vomit.

We had a great time, but are very disappointed in NCL.
Miami, FL
227 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
On the evening of Tuesday, March 6, 2018 a report was made that a guest aboard Norwegian Epic had gone overboard, while the ship was sailing near the Bahamas. As soon as the report was made, the ship maneuvered to allow the crew to begin a search. After recovery, the guest was taken to the onboard medical facility for evaluation. It has been reported that they are in a stable condition. The ship arrived in Port Canaveral this morning as scheduled. The guest immediately disembarked to receive any additional medical attention necessary on shore. We are thankful that our team reacted quickly and was able to rescue the guest. Our thoughts and prayers are with the guest and their family as they embark on the recovery process and our CARE team is providing support and assistance during this time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Cruise Line
www.ncl.com
Canada
40 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by BigBirdie39
Given that it is not spring break for everyone across the country and that this boat was marketed to spring breakers, there is a definite responsibility on behalf of NCL to have let non spring breakers be aware that this ship was marketed as such. My husband and I have been on over 20 ncl cruises, many of them music cruises, and we have never seen anything like this. My kids couldn't even access the pool through the entire duration. My 14 year old tried climbing in to a hot tub at one point and a fight broke out between the spring breakers warranting security to intervene. We couldn't enjoy our balcony because drunken people were screaming "land ahoy" at all hours, smoking weed, blasting music, and throwing things over board. This is in addition to the multiple bathrooms we went in that were laden with vomit.

We had a great time, but are very disappointed in NCL.
We travelled with kids and my 10 year old daughter was fishing beer cups out of the pool. For whatever reason they were allowed to have drinks in the pool and none of the regular pool rules applied to them. It was an absolute zoo.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app