Contests are Back! Contest for Week of March 5

Community Contests

Weekly Contest

Have fun with weekly contests.  Win cool Cruise Critic prizes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:58 AM.
Boston, MA
6 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
Hi all,

Our last cruise was a 10 day NCL Sun, Re-positioning Cruise to Alaska in Sept. through October, 2017. The Sun is a smaller Ship but we loved it. It will be replaced by the new larger NCL Bliss for the Alaska cruises this year. The nice thing about cruising this time of year is that you get great bargains on items in the shops and on the ship because the season is ending.

We sailed from Vancouver, BC up the inside passage to Alaska. We spent 2 days in Vancouver before the cruise and had a great visit. Must experience Fly Over Canada at Canada Place while there.

We visited Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay and Ketchikan, Alaska. Victoria, BC, Astoria Oregon and spent 5 amazing days in San Fransisco after the cruise. This was absolutely the most amazing vacation for us.

Highly recommend the Alaska Cruise. The weather even cooperated during our cruise, the only rain we had was in Juneau and it was mainly a light drizzle. Temps were mainly in the mid 40's to mid 50's and low 60's. Mendenhall Glacier is a sight to see.

We took a bus tour up to the Yukon from Skagway that was absolutely amazing. Skagway is a very nice town to walk around in on your own,

Glacier Bay is the most awesome place. We spent a day cruising around there and loved every minute of it. We took some amazing photos of the glaciers and mountains.

Ketchikan is quite a nice city to walk around and explore on your own. Creek Street is quaint and we saw the salmon running.

We took a whale watching tour from Victoria, BC and saw Orca and humpback whales.

We took a tour of the Oregon Coast around Seaside and Cannon Beach from Astoria, that was very enjoyable. Oregon Coast is beautiful.

Our five days in San Fransisco topped off our cruise with perfect weather and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Marina District. San Fransisco is a beautiful city with so much to see and do. Hop on Hop Off Bus brings you to all the Major Highlights. Must experience the Cable Cars and Trolleys too.

We love cruising and Cruise Critic is our major source of cruise information and reviews. Thank you!
31 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
My wife and I are dedicated cruise enthusiasts who have been fortunate to have enjoyed over 50+ cruises ranging from Regent Seven Seas to Carnival.
From 3 nights to 21.
From sailing by ourselves to large groups.
We have sailed on 11 different cruise lines and 41 different ships
We favor any ship as we have experienced Great food,entertainment,and atmosphere on many lines
We have enjoyed the largest ships of Royal Carribean to the elegant and mid size Regent Mariner
We have experienced great service ,fine dining, great food,wonderful entertainment and sometimes not as good as we had hoped
But when all is said and done aren't we all lucky to have had life on the high seas
There is no bad cruise just some are better then others.
Enjoy life and "bon Voyage"
New Jersey
82 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Our last cruise was in November on the Pride out of Baltimore. I love when dates and itineraries line up so I don’t have to fly to a port! This cruise was the first time we visited Princess Cays..... it was great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise -2002
RC Explorer of the Seas - 2008
Carnival Pride - 2012
Carnival Splendor -2013
Carnival Conquest - 2014
Carnival Sunshine and Victory B2B- 2015
Carnival Legend - 2016
Carnival Conquest - 2016
Carnival Magic - 2017
Carnival Pride - 2017
Carnival Glory- 2018
324 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Our last cruise was September 2017 to Bermuda on the Carnival Pride. We love this ship and have sailed on her many times. We can drive to the port so it's so easy. The Pride is a great ship, and we like knowing the ship so we can relax. My favorite place is the Serenity deck. Bermuda was beautiful. Would like to go back there some day to do more.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

16 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Our last cruise was almost 5 years ago on Celebrity to the Mediterranean. As per usual they lived up to our expectations. We did book outside shore excursions which worked out for us wonderfully if you want to have a more personable experiences. There are many reputable companies that can be found on sites like this one that offer guarantees.
Also I have severe food allergies and the crew went out of their way to accommodate me. This time we are going to Australia again on Celebrity Solstice. This is our 6th cruise and are remembering not to over pack. Have a great cruise everyone ⛴
63 Posts
Joined May 2017
My last cruise was during Thanksgiving on the Emerald Princess to Cabo. It was my husbands first ever cruise and he loved it. I wanted to go for longer than 5 days, but he was not sure how the kids would handle us being away. This was our first ever vacation in 14 years, and it was without kids. I was also celebrating being a 4 year pancreatic cancer survivor. It had been a very long 4 years and this was more than needed. We had just attended the PurpleStride Orange County just a few days before we departed. Our Aft balcony was amazing and gave me the time to sit and rest when I was not feeling well, without being around crowds of people. We just put a deposit on our next cruise to Alaska, but sadly not until next year due to trying to have someone take care of the kids for 2 weeks is very hard with schedules and the cruises we want to take are when the kids are in school.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Emerald Princess - Cabo San Lucas - 11/2017
Grand Princess - Alaska - 5/2019 (Can it BE any farther away?)
13 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
My very first cruise is in April. We are sailing the NCL on the Breakaway to The Bahamas. We are very excited! It will be myself, my husband and our two sons.

Carlisle Pa. USA
445 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Our last cruise was in February 2018 on the Anthem of the Seas. it was a 12 night carribean cruise out of Bayone NJ.This was our 4th cruise on the Anthem & our 118th cruise.
Long Island,NY
3,523 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by CC Help Jenn
Hi Everyone!

Thanks for your patience as we restocked our prize supply with cool new swag. Our logo got a face lift last year and it took some time for us to have new items printed and all set to send out Now we are ready to GO with our weekly contests.

Let's chat cruise! Tell me about your last one. When was your last cruise? What ship did you sail and where did you go? Anything extra you want to share is always welcome.

I will choose a member who comments at random to win some cool swag
This post will be open for commenting until next Monday.

I'll share my last cruise in comments

Senior Community Support
[email protected]
My last cruise was in Dec.2017 ,Grandeur of the Seas from Baltimore . We were in the same cabin 3 Decembers in a row and will be doing our 4th. in Dec.2018 again with the same cabin ,an OV .
In Dec.2015 we had the best Cabin Steward ever and that is why we did the cruise again in 2016 .However ,we did not have the same Steward .He was on the ship but on another deck.
Many of the people on the 2015 cruise have been on each of the following cruises .

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Louisville, KY USA
38 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Hi Everyone,
Our last cruise was on the ncl getaway last year...we had 9 of us and it was so amazing we are going again this May and taking our 3 nieces that will all graduate college this spring. It will be the first cruise for all 3 of them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Frostbite Falls
2,523 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
Last cruise was RCCL Venice to Tampa via Barcelona. Wife came down with asthma attack and was mostly in her cabin until the sea days. Strangest thing was lobster was served in buffet next to last night. Not in MDR. Oh well. Looking forward to Pacific Coast in May on Celebrity.
Santa Rosa, CA
25 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Just confirmed my third cruise a couple of days ago for next February and I am so ready to start planning the things I want to do onboard and the excursions too! SOOOO EXCITED!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past cruises
lv sailed on the Carnival Legend 5-23-17
lv sailed on the Carnival Breeze 4-26-14
Los Angeles California
12 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
My son FINALLY graduated from college (he was on the 10 year BA program) and we celebrated with a TA on NCL from Miami to Copenhagen. We loved all the ports and really had a good time relaxing and spending time together without the cell phones or computer.
United States
2 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
First and only cruise was Princess and I loved it...but that was 2006! Ready for our next adventure to Alaska, with our 2 adult children (who just learned they won’t have wi-fi at sea and are HORRIFIED ) in June this year! We are sailing RCL this Time.

47 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Hello! Our last cruise in September was actually our very first. We were on the NCL Pearl to Alaska and took a shorter cruise to get our feet wet, so to speak. We did not know if we would enjoy cruising but thought we would give it a try. Well my DH wanted to hide out somewhere in the ship and not get off! We both enjoyed it so much we are now 39 days away from a Panama Canal cruise, and a year away from a TA cruise. Oh and also have a Caribbean one in our future. I am so happy I found CC as I have learned so much from the boards and can't wait for all the upcoming meet and greets!! I think we found our niche!!
262 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
My last cruise was on the Celebrity Equinox. It was the first time on Celebrity (I have cruised Carnival and Royal Caribbean). It was a wonderful experience! Beautiful ship, great ports, excellent staff and delicious food! I loved the 'muster drill'......not many people say THAT! LOL The ship was very nice, clean and well maintained. Staff was very accommodating and treated us very well.....very professional and helpful and friendly. It was easy for me to maneuver around the ship with my scooter. I loved my Celebrity cruise and hope to be able to sail with them again.
North Little Rock, AR
85 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
My last cruise way June of 2016 on the Carnival Freedom. We sailed out of Galveston and visited Montego Bay, Cozemul and Grand Cayman. We had a good time at Mr. Sanchos at Cozumel!! I recommend that to anyone wanting an all inclusive beach day. It was really nice. We ate at Margarittaville at Montego Bay and had a great burger and a super good Pina Coloda!! Looking forward to our next cruise on Royal Caribbean in March 2019!!
35 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Last cruise Norwegian Dawn out of Boston.
Love the one hour or so drive from NH..
Inexpensive, next to ship parking.
Quick on quick off.
Love Bermuda.
Long Island, NY
80 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
My last cruise was last June on the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda. We loved it sooo much that we booked another cruise on the Summit in June. We got to meet Captain Kate and her cat Bug Naked. What a great captain and a cute cat.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature