Breakfast on disembarkation day - Queens Grille

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:41 PM.
Devon
110 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Can you get breakfast in Queens Grille on disembarkation day ? if so what time does it open ? or is the buffet open ?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
California
36 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Yes, you can get breakfast in both PG and QG on disembarkation day. It starts earlier. Can’t remember exact time...If you go shortly after it opens, no problem to have breakfast before your queen grill disembark time.
Oakland, CA USA
2,309 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Yes you can, and yes we have. But I am more concerned about the closing hour (8:00) than the opening hour. We've arrived just before 8:00 and had relaxed breakfasts, leaving around 9:00 to go to the Grills Lounge before we left the ship as late as possible,
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cunard: 109 Days
Seabourn: 68 Days
Azamara: 64 Days
HAL: 59 Days
Crystal: 38 Days
Princess: 28 Days
Oceania: 14 Days
Celebrity: 14 Days
RCL: 7 Days
Commodore: 7 Days
Carnival: 3 Days
Goodtime II: 1 Day
At Sea
5,454 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
In my very recent experience on QE, on some (major) disembarkation days the "Grill" restaurants opened early at 7am. However, on other disembarkation days (where the numbers of passengers leaving/arriving was not as great) the restaurants opened as normal at 8am.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pepper........... (Cunard & QM2; "It is not the only way to cross, but it is the only way to cross")
QM2 - QE - QV - QE2 - interiors. QM2 cabin photos & ship tour. Crossings & Cruises - photographs here . . .
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/sets/
...over Four Million visits, thank you.
Sailed: QM2, QE, QV, QE2.
Gower Peninsula, Wales
3,273 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
We have found that disembarking at Southampton the Grills open at 6.30.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gill

QM2 - March 2019 Hong Kong - Dubai
QM2 - March 2019 Dubai - Southampton
Ventura - February 2020 New Orleans and Caribbean
102,021 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
That's where we enjoyed our final meal of the cruise.

In fact, we had all our meals in the Queens Grill and loved the dining experience.

Keith
England
194 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
No poached eggs?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
11 Adventures - A blog of our two most recent cruises.
Next trip - P&O Britannia - Caribbean 2018
Previous Trips - Cunard Queen Elizabeth - Iceland & Fjords 2017; Cunard Queen Elizabeth - Canaries & Portugal 2016; Cunard Queen Victoria - Copenhagen & Hamburg 2016; P&O Arcadia - Norwegian Fjords 2014
Gower Peninsula, Wales
3,273 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Eggs - yuck!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gill

Vale of Glamorgan
4,722 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
I've not had poached eggs on their own but I've had Eggs Benedict in both QG and Britannia on QV on disembarkation mornings.
There used to be a reduced menu on the last day but I've not seen that for a while.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

If contacting me via email, please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
England
194 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
Originally posted by BigMac1953
None!!!

Terrible! And I thought grills passengers had everything their hearts desired. I will therefore stick to Britannia class instead, just because of the eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
11 Adventures - A blog of our two most recent cruises.
Next trip - P&O Britannia - Caribbean 2018
Previous Trips - Cunard Queen Elizabeth - Iceland & Fjords 2017; Cunard Queen Elizabeth - Canaries & Portugal 2016; Cunard Queen Victoria - Copenhagen & Hamburg 2016; P&O Arcadia - Norwegian Fjords 2014
At Sea
5,454 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
One of the other passengers at my table had two poached eggs on toast for breakfast in QG on QE last weekend on disembarkation morning... I had Eggs Benedict.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pepper........... (Cunard & QM2; "It is not the only way to cross, but it is the only way to cross")
QM2 - QE - QV - QE2 - interiors. QM2 cabin photos & ship tour. Crossings & Cruises - photographs here . . .
At Sea
5,454 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by cruiseluvva
Eggs - yuck!
Eggs... yum, yum (best with wonderful bacon of course... )
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mississauga, Canada
1,516 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by AllieBallie
Terrible! And I thought grills passengers had everything their hearts desired. I will therefore stick to Britannia class instead, just because of the eggs
When we have travelled in PG and QG we were presented with a reduced menu. My wife asked if she could have poached eggs and was told (even in Queen's) that would be a special order and can't be done on disembarkation day.

Perhaps this has changed since then. On our crossing last October we were in Britannia and poached eggs were on the menu and indeed they were available. If they are available in Britannia they certainly should be available in the Grills, even if there is a different kitchen.
Gower Peninsula, Wales
3,273 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by pepperrn
Eggs... yum, yum (best with wonderful bacon of course... )
Sorry pepperrn, especially with bacon - veggie!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gill