Things not to do on a cruise ship

mrizer7773

While I am a huge proponent of the "balcony club", I also respect my neighbors and believe everyone else should as well. I see no need to broadcast my activities with the people around me. If you do manage to hear, by all means laugh away.

Really........ just ish.

If you think others don't know what you are 'up to' you are fooling yourself. No respect there.

There are children that cruise too.

Why? (Genuine question; I’m a newbie to cruising and was planning to do this on our cruise next month.)

It plays havoc with the a/c & ventilation systems in the rooms around you .

Also, an open balcony door would have to be closed before the passage way door could be open without extreme effort. Not a desirable situation in an emergency. Especially not desirable if crew have to enter the cabin in an emergency.

Also, an open balcony door would have to be closed before the passage way door could be open without extreme effort. Not a desirable situation in an emergency. Especially not desirable if crew have to enter the cabin in an emergency.

Not to mention that when you do manage to force the corridor door open, the sudden pressure change will turn every loose piece of paper in the room into your own personal snowstorm.

Not to mention that when you do manage to force the corridor door open, the sudden pressure change will turn every loose piece of paper in the room into your own personal snowstorm.

I cruised once with a friend who wanted to always leave the balcony door open! So annoying! In addition to the whole “wind storm” thing, it made the room temperature hard to regulate- it got freezing cold at night and HOT HOT HOT during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Obviously the kids have leaned that from their parents! :mad:

Must be...since it's mostly the adults I see sitting in the middle of the stair case...and have to climb around them. :eek::mad:

People...these are stairs for feet...not for butts! :o

This has probably already been posted but when you’re in line at the buffet, please, please use the provided utensils, don’t put your grubby hands on the food. AND, no matter how tantalizing the food is, wait until you sit down to eat. Sorry but there’s nothing more disgusting than watching someone grab food with their hands and continue to eat as they walk to the table. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 months later...
This has probably already been posted but when you’re in line at the buffet, please, please use the provided utensils, don’t put your grubby hands on the food. AND, no matter how tantalizing the food is, wait until you sit down to eat. Sorry but there’s nothing more disgusting than watching someone grab food with their hands and continue to eat as they walk to the table. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Or standing at the buffet and eating... :o:o Seen that several times!

Don't let your cabin door slam when entering or leaving!:mad:

Especially if you are nude and trying to place your tray of used dishes out in the hall. This actually happened on one of our cruises - headed towards our room, saw a naked man farther down the hall. We called security who let him in to his room after some 'discussion'. The next morning our cabin steward told us that his excuse was that the door accidently slammed behind him. Funny, we didn't see a tray of dishes!

Glad to see this fun thread resurrected!

Well, RCCL has non stop activities and entertainment, while HAL hardly has any in comparison.

HOW Lucky are we to have so many cruise lines and ships from which to choose? Pick the one tha t is most to your taste. AND we have access so mu ch info to help us make our best choice.

Just in case you are bored, #ThingsNotToDoOnACruiseShip is trending on Twitter! :'):'):')

With alllll of the experience in here, I'd love to hear some of yours!

Some of my favorites so far...

"End every sentence with, Matey"

"Try the Jack and Rose pose when you've had one too many to drink."

"Get into a love triangle with Morgan Fairchild and Charo"

Tell everyone your best friend is ...........

Especially if you are nude and trying to place your tray of used dishes out in the hall. This actually happened on one of our cruises - headed towards our room, saw a naked man farther down the hall. We called security who let him in to his room after some 'discussion'. The next morning our cabin steward told us that his excuse was that the door accidently slammed behind him. Funny, we didn't see a tray of dishes!

Glad to see this fun thread resurrected!

DH once got locked out of his hotel room wearing a towel, finally found a housekeeper to let him back in.

Skinny Dipping

Still remember the days when we had a passenger pool directly in front of the Bridge. On many, many occasions, very early in the morning (04:00 - 05:00) we would get young pepole heading out wrapped in a towel.

They would stand on the edge of the pool, looking all around, except up. Seeing nobody, the towel was dropped and in they went. Guess they forgot the Bridge is manned 24/7. Honest, we didn't watchclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

These days the pool may not be in front of the Bridge, but they have CCTV cameras everywhere.

Skinny Dipping

Still remember the days when we had a passenger pool directly in front of the Bridge. On many, many occasions, very early in the morning (04:00 - 05:00) we would get young pepole heading out wrapped in a towel.

They would stand on the edge of the pool, looking all around, except up. Seeing nobody, the towel was dropped and in they went. Guess they forgot the Bridge is manned 24/7. Honest, we didn't watchclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

These days the pool may not be in front of the Bridge, but they have CCTV cameras everywhere.

Unbelievable! Never heard of it before, except on the nude cruises. Were they boys or girls?