Beach on St. Lucia - family/children friendly

patsfan9404

Hi all - We will be in St. Lucia in November. My DH and I were last here in 2014 and did an island tour. This time, we will be traveling with our two DDs (ages 10 & 6) and would like to spend the day at the beach.

Trying to find a beach fairly close to the ship (within 20-30 minutes) with chairs to rent, umbrellas, decent food and bar selection, etc. My girls are novice snorkelers but don't need beach toys to keep them entertained.

My husband and I are seasoned cruisers and i'm having a hard time swallowing the price of Bay Gardens even with the allure of the splash park.

Any advice and/or suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Hi all - We will be in St. Lucia in November. My DH and I were last here in 2014 and did an island tour. This time, we will be traveling with our two DDs (ages 10 & 6) and would like to spend the day at the beach.

Trying to find a beach fairly close to the ship (within 20-30 minutes) with chairs to rent, umbrellas, decent food and bar selection, etc. My girls are novice snorkelers but don't need beach toys to keep them entertained.

My husband and I are seasoned cruisers and i'm having a hard time swallowing the price of Bay Gardens even with the allure of the splash park.

Any advice and/or suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

This is an opportunity for the wonderful Reed Princess to

answer. Be patient, her unbiased reviews are worth the wait.

This is an opportunity for the wonderful Reed Princess to

answer. Be patient, her unbiased reviews are worth the wait.

Port Royal - please feel free to answer questions yourself. I appreciate the kind words, but I do travel a lot also, and can't always be around to help out. Having a variety of opinions is a good thing!!

OP:

There's minimal snorkeling in the north end of the island. A spot around Pigeon Island, 30-45 minutes north, maybe 30-1 hours worth. Or snuba, or hiking there at rhe Park itself.

Otherwise, Reduit Beach you can absolutely do on your own, again a

$30 cab ride, beach is free to anyone, around $20 for two chairs and umbrellas, beach restaurants and bars around, etc. You don't need to buy Splash Island passes or Bay Gardens day passes to enjoy the beach - it's public, free to all.

Vigie Beach is right by the port, lots of posts about it. Maybe 5-10 minute cab ride depending on traffic., $10 one way. Chairs around $5, small boardwalk with local food and snack bars, drinks, etc. Clean restrooms also.

Or, consider a beach break tour to Jalousie Beach. Excellent snorkeling, stunning location, drinks and lunch included, etc. Spencer Ambrose is one who offers an all day speedboat transfer trip, Serenity TVL or Barefoot Holidays can out one together