Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Just booked my first solo cruise for November! When the Carnival CC guy asked how many and I told him one, he was nice but made some remark about not going alone. I laughed and said "No, no no! You need to say 'You're going solo? Awesome!! You'll have a great time!'"

It's been fun to find this forum and realize there are probably a lot more solo travelers than it seems when you're on a ship. While this is my first official "solo," I've gone with my son before, so have spent a lot of time alone and sometimes it seems like "everyone" is in couples or groups. I love all of the great solo attitudes I've found here and I'm excited about my first solo cruise adventure!

I just got the last Studio Cabin on the NCL Breakaway Baltic Cruise on June 25,2018. Its my 30th birthday present to myself. My 2nd solo cruise (1st was NCL Epic Mediterranean over 2 years ago) and 15th overall.

You're gonna have a great time! I absolutely loved my Baltic Sea cruise four years ago. Although I didn't travel solo that time, my friend and I mostly went our separate ways at the ports because I love random urban exploration.

Assuming you're stopping in St Petersburg, be prepared for things to be... not ideal?

I've done a solo cruise on RCCL's Ovation of the Seas and on HAL's Koningsdam. My third will be on the Epic next year, so let me know if you have any tips! :D:D:)

Back from my solo cruise on the Ruby Princess to Mexico......Good time in Puerto Vallarta :) ......https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbnIe-tXcAAozwG.jpg:large

Wonder why you never smile in all your cruise pictures...:confused:

Does anyone know the criteria for NCL deciding to offer the solo cruiser discount? I have a cruise booked that my travel companion can't go on so I might be going alone and hoping they offer a solo discount.
It's usually based on their desire to fill the ship because they are not selling cabins at a fast enough rate. Those typically occur after final payment,so someone booked prior to final payment wouldn't be able to benefit from that price reduction.

The best bet, would be to just keep checking prices,maybe it will drop some prior to final payment or drop after final payment and you can upgrade your cabin.

It's usually based on their desire to fill the ship because they are not selling cabins at a fast enough rate. Those typically occur after final payment,so someone booked prior to final payment wouldn't be able to benefit from that price reduction.

The best bet, would be to just keep checking prices,maybe it will drop some prior to final payment or drop after final payment and you can upgrade your cabin.

Fingers crossed! I actually booked when final payments were due 90 out, now they are due 120 days out for folks that booked later so maybe I'll be able to grab a good price in that 30 day window.

I have a really good balcony that I'd like to keep.

3 more weeks to the Escape- in a studio but I am going to check the week before to see if there are any discounts- I saw this weeks sailing had good deals on Balconies that weren't sail away rates. Not sure if they still let you call and pay the difference- I did that but it was way back when in 2014 and 2015

...........I have to pay double on solo cruises

That doesn't seem to bother you because you take numerous cruises solo all the time...and, I might add, to all the same destinations over and over. So you must be enjoying yourself....yet you don't smile.

Cruising solo for the first time on the Epic, Western Mediterranean leaving Barcelona on Sept 23rd! Pretty excited and a tad nervous. Hoping to meet people to do excursions with. Any tips are appreciated :)

Hi, I would say go look and see if there is regular roll call for your cruise.....that would be a good way to meet other people and see about joining in on some excursions.

Hope you have a great cruise:)

Just booked yesterday for May 2019, 14 night Baltic Heritage cruise out of Southhampton on Sapphire Princess followed by a b2b 7 night Norwegian Fjords cruise on the same ship. It seems a long way out, but I’ve had both cruises on my travel list and I’m happy to be able to do both with only one flight.

Princess is currently running a promo called Landmark Sale until June 19th on some cruises with generous onboard credit. Solos entitled to double the onboard credit.