Never done a big ship - Oasis - overwhelming? help?

I thought either Voyager or Explorer was slated to take over Navigator's itineraries. I think that would be out of Miami though, which is not attractive to me.

Miami does not appeal to me either. That is why I have not done Navigator's southern route out of there.

Miami does not appeal to me either. That is why I have not done Navigator's southern route out of there.
Miami is just a $35 Uber ride from a hotel near Port Everglades. I wouldn't cross off Miami automatically. Especially since the Navigator southern route is so superior to anything going out of Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, or Canaveral.

If Southwest would go back to their old pricing.....I would do Caribbean sailings out of San Juan exclusively.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We don’t travel in suites, we are steerage so there is more planning to be done to cruise the big girls. However the crowding is no worse. The big ships are awesome. We are just tired of the same old itinerary’s so choose the smaller ships.

Don’t be afraid to try them. They are so full of activities you won’t get bored that’s for sure. And if you get a ocean view balcony you can still enjoy the ocean. I miss that the most on the big ship.

Several have noted they can't see the ocean. I like Oasis because there are more opportunities to be out in the open air with the Boardwalk and even Central Park in addition to the other standard outdoor places found on other ships. I started cruising on Royal's 1st ships which were about 1/10th the tonnage of an Oasis class ship and the Oasis class is easily the favorite class of all 4 of our family members. The length of Oasis is not much longer than other ships. It is the width that is noticeably different than everything else. While I have felt crowded on Quantum class ships, I don't feel that Oasis class ships are more crowded than any others.

Miami is just a $35 Uber ride from a hotel near Port Everglades. I wouldn't cross off Miami automatically. Especially since the Navigator southern route is so superior to anything going out of Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, or Canaveral.

If Southwest would go back to their old pricing.....I would do Caribbean sailings out of San Juan exclusively.

Doesn't Serenade do Southern Carib itineraries out of Port Everglades?

Got me....

I forgot about those 10/11 nighters on Serenade. I do remember that they were much more expensive than my 9 night Navigator earlier this year.

True enough, the higher price we seem to see for Radiance class is why we always sailed on Adventure out of San Juan and not Serenade or Jewel.

We tried Oasis for the first time in April, during one of the spring break weeks. I agree that they managed the 6,000+ passengers well. The times you WILL notice how many passengers there are...embarkation day, muster drill and every day on the pool deck. There is tons to do and see on a big ship. We enjoyed our cruise, but will likely stick to the smaller ships unless we can do suite class and take advantage of the suite-only areas.

We’ve been on both class s of ship. Generally we will sail Oasis class for family vacations. Lots of great stuff got the kids. Solstice class are like the (now) medium sized Royal ships, but a the sophistication is kicked up a notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a ship with a Royal Promenade, sailing out of Port Everglades, going to the southern Caribbean.
Very specific.....[emoji41]

I would love a Royal ship sailing out of Norfolk. ANY SHIP!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I need a ship with a Royal Promenade, sailing out of Port Everglades, going to the southern Caribbean.

Well, I'm close to that, except it would have to be a Voyager class ship out of Port Canaveral.

Sailing the Oasis in November but this past January I sailed the Equinox. I really liked the ship. We found many things to do during the day, the dining was fabulous, even the buffet area, and the shows were also very good. We are sailing with family on the Oasis, sailed with a group of 55-65 year olds on the Equinox. Equinox had very few children on our sailing. I think it all depends on what you want to do on your vacation, how active do you want to be and how pampered you want to be.

Do you want a cruise or an amusement park on the high seas? In 2016 we were in the Oasis and now 2018 in the Eclipse. The Oasis is a boat too big for more than 6K passengers, if you do not make your advance reservations for the theater you will miss the shows, the same for the specialty restaurants. Too many young people and children on board. We feel very comfortable in the Eclipse such that I already have 5 reservations for 2019 in Celebrity Silhouette to the Caribbean and Eclipse to Hawaii. In addition to the shows at normal times there are also late shows around 10PM, and many other activities, I would suggest reading the dailies in the published reviews.

We loved the Oasis of the Seas. We are an active family that likes to cruise so it suites us to a tee. So many fun things to do. I am a planner, so having to make reservations for shows and dinner is right up my alley. I disagree with some of the comments about lack of ocean views. There are so many places with ocean views. I love stopping during my run on the track and staring off the back of the ship. Watch the ocean go by sipping a margarita by the aquatic theatre . Hanging out in the solarium. Relaxing in the cantilever hot tubs. Star gazing on the front viewing area, or just walking the perimeter on the top deck. One day when the kids are gone and I feel like just chillin all day on a cruise ship, I could do the Celebrity style cruising, but the Oasis class fits for now. Harmony of the Seas next.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good Morning this is my first post. I am trying to decide between a Celebrity Equinox sailing and a RCL Oasis sailing. I have been on 9 Carnival Cruises all different sizes and 1 NCL Sun cruise with my husband - he loved the smaller size. I thought it was small :/ and the entertainment was ok. We were all set to go on the Equinox until I read several posts about there not being a lot of activities during the day and not great entertainment at night. That got us looking at the Oasis and folks saying you need to do a big ship once. Thoughts? Feedback from folks that have done both? We are worried about feeling like cattle on Oasis? Thank you for any and all feedback.

We've done both classes and actually both ships. We like them both for their differences. The OP is right about less daytime activities but Celebrity has upped their nighttime entertainment. Don't fall for the food is better on Celebrity. The MDRs are probably equal but the food in service in the specialties are probably a step up on Celebrity. Equinox has more ocean views with it's outdoor seating at the Ocean View Cafe and the Sunset bar. Celebrity has a poolside hamburger joint called the Mast Grill. For the life of me, I don't understand why Royal doesn't. As far as crowding goes, neither Oasis Class or Solstice Class have ever felt crowded to me. We've had seven great cruises on Oasis Class ships and five great cruises on Solstice Class ships. I think the deciding factors for us is whether you want to have a traditional relaxing more mature cruise that is more connected to the sea or a fast pace family friendly cruise with more to do. The former would be Equinox and the latter would be Oasis.

I finally got on Oasis this year and loved it. It did NOT feel any more crowded than Voyager or Freesom class with the possible exception of the stop at Labadee which was heavily loaded with the number of cruisers.

They have done a great job of breaking up the space, and created some really nice smaller entertainment spaces.

I think you will like it!

We loved Oasis after two smaller and older Carnival ships. Never felt overwhelmed but it did take the full week to really see and do everything. To be fair we also loved the Carnival ships. We managed to get a good fare for spring break which always seems to be much cheaper than summer for us.

I think my family is more of the constant stimulation or else we're bored type. I could just lie around on a lounger in the sun all week but DH and DD want more, much more. Oasis was right up their alley. Still, you know what you like. If it's not for you I would not force it.

Loved Oasis. When she first entered the fleet I said I'd never sail on her -too big. But she was in Port Canaveral and we wanted a cruise so we gave her a try. Very happy. Mostly never crowded. My only complaint is how they handle reservations for shows. You make reservations via cruise planner in advance and you get tix, but the lines are still not very well organized IMHO. But that is a minor complaint. Generally really enjoyed cruise and entertainment. You will have a great time.