Unlimited Soda and More package - Sapphire

TonyM99

Due back on Sapphire Princess again in a couple of weeks - Has Anyone who has been onboard recently know what they are currently charging onboard for this package as I know from some past experiences it has been cheaper on board than pre ordering

Thanks

US$8.05/per person per day includes the 15% gratuity. Same price pre purchased or on board. However, there may be some exchange rate benefits either way which could lower the price a little.

Thanks - pre pay could be better then for me which is what i tend to usually do

I prepaid Canadian dollars for May 5th Sapphire cruise. It was cheaper then buying on board. I will not purchase again because I mainly drank diet coke which I found salty/fishy tasting from the MDR & Explorers bar. It is better for me to pre order the bottle water for my room which is a better deal then buying single bottles onboard at $2.00 each. They did have hot chocolate and milkshakes that was good, included in the package.

• 4 weeks later...
Due back on Sapphire Princess again in a couple of weeks - Has Anyone who has been onboard recently know what they are currently charging onboard for this package as I know from some past experiences it has been cheaper on board than pre ordering

Thanks

We are onboard the Sapphire in a couple of months.

Can you do me a favor when you return?

Can you post from the front page (embarkation day) Patter

the officers listed there? Thanks

I prepaid Canadian dollars for May 5th Sapphire cruise. It was cheaper then buying on board. I will not purchase again because I mainly drank diet coke which I found salty/fishy tasting from the MDR & Explorers bar. It is better for me to pre order the bottle water for my room which is a better deal then buying single bottles onboard at $2.00 each. They did have hot chocolate and milkshakes that was good, included in the package.

Milkshakes no longer included in Soda & More package.

:(

Try our Unlimited Soda & More drink package which includes fountain drinks, fruity mocktails, juices and creamy hot chocolate!

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/index.html

Thanks

It's the same price 8.05.

Milkshakes no longer included in Soda & More package.

:(

Ask about this when you get onboard, you might be surprised. I was able to get milkshakes on the Grand Princess ( 6/25/18-7/5/18) with the soda and more package. I asked about the milkshakes and was told it was included.

They might have taken it out of the description because the newer ships don't make them. Hope you get them included in your package.

Hi sorry to repeat this theme, but does anyone know about Milkshakes on Sapphire with the Soda and More package. We have always had Milkshakes as part of this for the last 3 years on other Princess ships and I haven’t seen any formal notification to suggest anything has changed. Would be really disappointed if they are no longer included.

Hi sorry to repeat this theme, but does anyone know about Milkshakes on Sapphire with the Soda and More package. We have always had Milkshakes as part of this for the last 3 years on other Princess ships and I haven’t seen any formal notification to suggest anything has changed. Would be really disappointed if they are no longer included.

There has been no "formal notification" that milkshakes are no longer a part of the package, nor would one logically expect it. The description of the package no longer includes milkshakes. Careful readers will notice that, but many have had the package before and don't anticipate any changes...thus, they miss the change.

Unless you can prove that you purchased a "soda and more" package before the milkshakes were removed, you won't receive them. They were not part of the package in April on the Caribbean Princess. They are not listed as part of the package for our upcoming Alaska cruise.

When something new or different is added, it is done with much fanfare. When something is removed, it is done quietly and behind the scenes with hopes that people don't notice....but someone on CC usually catches such changes!

When booking Soda and More online (in the UK) for the last 3 years using the onboard reservations under Manage Booking, Milkshakes have never never been included under the list of drinks included. I can categorically state that. So from my perspective nothing has changed.

I bought my soda and more package in early June 2018. Like I said in my earlier post, I asked while onboard the Grand Princess to Alaska and it was included. As usual, different ships have different rules. Don't buy the package and expect the milkshakes since it is no longer on the list. (Chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla were available on my cruise)

Just ask once onboard. You might get lucky!

They are no longer included on the Sapphire. I think the price was $2.50. All I can say is to share your suggestions/complaint with the Beverage Manager onboard and he did call me (hint). I did this via the "box" near Passenger Services desk.

I wasn't overly impressed with the malt I did get (too milky). I ended up just getting a chocolate banana mocktail for my fix.

They are no longer included on the Sapphire. I think the price was $2.50. All I can say is to share your suggestions/complaint with the Beverage Manager onboard and he did call me (hint). I did this via the "box" near Passenger Services desk.

I wasn't overly impressed with the malt I did get (too milky). I ended up just getting a chocolate banana mocktail for my fix.

The milkshakes were included in my sodas and more package pre purchased online for the May 2018 Sapphire cruise I was on. i asked first before ordering.

No, it doesn't include bottled water. You can order water for a reasonable price BEFORE your cruise. It was about $7 for 12 bottles. Onboard it's about $2 per bottle. Look in your personalizer to order. You can also bring your own (water/soda) when you board if you prefer. I always bring my hubby a few cans of soda for variety. He usually just drinks the lemonade or iced tea.

The milkshakes were included in my sodas and more package pre purchased online for the May 2018 Sapphire cruise I was on. i asked first before ordering.

They had the same 2 people working (male and female) all the time. When I went to order a milk shake, the woman said "it is not included in the soda package" (I had pre-purchased it previously also). I then said "it had always been included before" and asked why. She said "it was included on other ships but not this one." She then said, "if you want it I need to charge your account $2.50". I said go ahead. I then wrote a note and put it in the box saying this should be included. I did receive a call from the beverage manager - he left a message.

Just reporting my experience. I just got off the ship on Saturday. I purchased my soda package in March/April time frame - though I don't think it matters anymore.

No, it doesn't include bottled water. You can order water for a reasonable price BEFORE your cruise. It was about $7 for 12 bottles. Onboard it's about $2 per bottle. Look in your personalizer to order. You can also bring your own (water/soda) when you board if you prefer. I always bring my hubby a few cans of soda for variety. He usually just drinks the lemonade or iced tea.

Thanks, we'll probably get the water package along with the soda package..