Mallorca beaches

Innalex

I walk about 12 miles a day for fun and exercise, so for me the answer would be yes :). But for most folks (including DW) the answer is no. But one can use public transport/cruise ship shuttles in both places to get to various beaches. And by the way, if you are in Barcelona for more then a day (or on a very long port day) you might want to read about the beach town of Sitges. Getting to that beach/resort town does involve using the train from Barcelona, but its a decent option. But since there are more than a dozen beach options for Barcelona, travelers are well advised to do some pre trip homework and choose the one that best fits your own desires.

Here is a link to a site that gives pretty good descriptions of most of the Barcelona options:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/best-beaches-in-barcelona-1644221

As to Mallorca, we have used the local public buses to get us to various beaches (or at least close enough where its a short walk).

Hank

I walk about 12 miles a day for fun and exercise, so for me the answer would be yes :). But for most folks (including DW) the answer is no. But one can use public transport/cruise ship shuttles in both places to get to various beaches. And by the way, if you are in Barcelona for more then a day (or on a very long port day) you might want to read about the beach town of Sitges. Getting to that beach/resort town does involve using the train from Barcelona, but its a decent option. But since there are more than a dozen beach options for Barcelona, travelers are well advised to do some pre trip homework and choose the one that best fits your own desires.

Here is a link to a site that gives pretty good descriptions of most of the Barcelona options:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/best-beaches-in-barcelona-1644221

As to Mallorca, we have used the local public buses to get us to various beaches (or at least close enough where its a short walk).

Hank

The nearest beach is Cala Mayor a 45 min walk and is 3.5 km from the port or 10 mins in a taxi for 10 euros or no 3 bus for 2 euros.

http://www.seemallorca.com/beaches/cala-mayor-beach-palma-de-mallorca-cala-major-(beach-resort)-664263

Edited by roger b
wrong www

Barcelona City Beach is very close (by crows fly) to cruise dock but you can't walk there. Probably the easiest way is by short taxi ride. W hotel is where that beach starts (or ends). My educated guess that walk will be at least 1 hr.

In Palma most TIB 100 series (104 to 107) buses stop on Palma waterfront & go to Palmanova (about 30 min) which has a nice beach. Drivers take cash and give change. Fare in 3€ ballpark.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Barcelona city beach is about a 35 min walk round the harbour once you get out of the cruise port.

A nice walk with lots to see.

The is a beach in Palm but think the beach at Palm nova is nicer.

Barcelona city beach is about a 35 min walk round the harbour once you get out of the cruise port.

A nice walk with lots to see.

The is a beach in Palm but think the beach at Palm nova is nicer.

Thank you Orla, I was looking at the map of Barcelona and saw the beache along was thinking to get there and now you confirmed it :D thank you so much , the shuttle bus from port Barcelona will take us to Columbus monument is that right ?

Yes can take port bus (if it's around) to Draganess metro/Columbus monument 3€ o/w or 4€ pp RT https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/cruise-ship-terminals/shuttle-bus-barcelona-cruise-terminal.html, walk at least to Barcelonetta metro and then walk south to beach. Depending on number of people taxi option may be same cost or less. Walk all the way from cruise dock to beach is around 45 min to 1 hr.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk