Route of the Vikings Live on Board

galeforce9

Galeforce, Thank you for your report and the fabulous photos! We are considering a voyage next year which includes this port. May I ask--how did you arrange your private tour so quickly after the change of port?

Hi SLSD

I contacted the person we’d booked the tour with and he was happy to swap the pick up point. Fortunately I’d spotted the port change with a day to go and not the night before when a swap might have proven difficult if I couldn’t reach him

Pembrokeshire is gorgeous and warrants a visit on a land holiday.

Skomer has been in the news lately as the puffin colony there is very successful.

And again, can see from the pics that Wales isn't as green as one would expect either. Much of the UK needs rain! But hopefully not during the daytime to spoil this cruise or summer for the rest of us.

Hi isklaar

Agreed!! Think we will have rain tomorrow in the isle of man

Gorgeous photos Galeforce, the Welsh Tourist Board should pay you some commission! Colours captured so well! I've never been to Tenby but so many of my English friends remember it fondly for family holidays there when they were children. I believe I recognise the lifeboat station from a tv series last summer about the RNLI.

I'm in NW England so not far really from the Isle of Man. The weather doesn't look great for tomorrow but at least it won't be cold.

This is definitely my favourite photo. It evokes memories of childhood holidays huddled behind the wind break on the beach.

Yes. I holidayed for a week as a 7 year old back in the 70s in Tenby. Definitely no wind breaks needed today!

Thanks for the kind comments about the photos. These are just point and shoot with a camera phone when I can barely see the screen. Hopefully the ones with my proper camera, of which there are already more than a thousand, will be better

Very much appreciating your reports galeforce! I have never been to these places and have my eye on them possibly for 2020, so am taking notes in addition to enjoying the eye candy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you galeforce 9 for posting your fabulous photos, you have a great "eye".

Sitting here on a freezing cold Melbourne winters day your photos have warmed me up considerably.

Your ports and the weather look considerably better than our "Route of the Vikings" in August 2016 :)