Suite/Frequent Cruiser Perks

annarack

Do passengers who regularly travel in suites with P&O, or just cruise very frequently, receive any perks or privileges (other than those directly noted in the Peninsular Club blurb). For example, invitations to any events, free ship tours, customer feedback sessions, special treatment on board, dinner with the Captain, extra special booking offers etc. I just wondered as these are they type of things some firms do for loyal customers and I would assume a big cruise company like P&O might do, but perhaps wouldn't want to commit to in writing in the official Loyalty Cub docs.

We have been invited to the Bridge to meet the captain. That was on a world cruise and we were in the Penthouse suite. On our last cruise with P&O in 2016 on the Oceana, we were invited to a cocktail party with the officers which was for suite passengers only but some other people were also invited because there are only six suites. On the Oriana in 2012 on a Med cruise suite passengers were invited to the Captain's balcony for a buffet breakfast for the sail in to Venice. So I think it must depend on the cruise or the captain whether suite passengers get any little perks.

We have been invited to the Bridge to meet the captain. That was on a world cruise and we were in the Penthouse suite. On our last cruise with P&O in 2016 on the Oceana, we were invited to a cocktail party with the officers which was for suite passengers only but some other people were also invited because there are only six suites. On the Oriana in 2012 on a Med cruise suite passengers were invited to the Captain's balcony for a buffet breakfast for the sail in to Venice. So I think it must depend on the cruise or the captain whether suite passengers get any little perks.

Absolutely agree, depends on who the Captain and Senior officers are. Many times on the Bridge and yes, the Captains balcony for a little gathering and for sure, the occasional 'discreet' party. Once we were having a lunch time drinks party on our stern suite when one of the Captains changed course to ensure we had the sun on the balcony. Obviously it helps if you are a regular traveller as you get to know the officers, the butlers and indeed the Hotel team so when you swap between the P&O ships there are always welcoming faces. Enjoy the suite life.

Bal

Absolutely agree, depends on who the Captain and Senior officers are. Many times on the Bridge and yes, the Captains balcony for a little gathering and for sure, the occasional 'discreet' party. Once we were having a lunch time drinks party on our stern suite when one of the Captains changed course to ensure we had the sun on the balcony. Obviously it helps if you are a regular traveller as you get to know the officers, the butlers and indeed the Hotel team so when you swap between the P&O ships there are always welcoming faces. Enjoy the suite life.

Bal

"Once we were having a lunch time drinks party on our stern suite when one of the Captains changed course to ensure we had the sun on the balcony" you missed "upon a time" after the first word. :rolleyes:

Lets hope that a Captain doesn't alter course so you can wave to your friends on some small island or we all could be in trouble. :confused:

We renewed our wedding vows to celebrate our ruby wedding anniversary on Arcadia's Maiden Cruise in 2005, the captain officiated and his wife was a witness. We cruised on Arcadia several times after that, and got invites to his private parties some times. Initially there were 20 or 30 invited, but they got larger as time progressed!

Bal

Enjoy the suite life? While we've had a few perks from being in a suite I think the only reason I'd book with P&O is for the itinerary now. I personally think P&O have no idea how to treat the passengers who pay for their most expensive cabins. A bigger cabin, a butler and somewhere to eat breakfast doesn't really count for much compared to what is on offer from other cruise companies.

Enjoy the suite life? While we've had a few perks from being in a suite I think the only reason I'd book with P&O is for the itinerary now. I personally think P&O have no idea how to treat the passengers who pay for their most expensive cabins. A bigger cabin, a butler and somewhere to eat breakfast doesn't really count for much compared to what is on offer from other cruise companies.

Interesting, guess it comes down to what you want to get out of it. Frankly we have had suites on more than 60 occasions with P&O and find we are looked after fantastically, not just because we are 'regulars' but we know what we want. We used to have a 'butlers request' list that we would give to the butler on the first day but now they know our requirements and ensure that the service we get is superb. We also tip them extremely well.

If you 'don't ask you don't get' is quite a good motto.

Bal

And the most expensive cabins are far mor than those on P&O which is why they offer more. If they in fact do. Do you not get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And the most expensive cabins are far mor than those on P&O which is why they offer more. If they in fact do. Do you not get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course other cruise lines are more expensive. I was comparing being in a suite to being in another grade of cabin on P&O. My point was that you really don't get much for the extra you pay. Our next cruise is in the Qgrill on Cunard. It's certainly costing more than P&O but I'm sure that for the money we are paying we will be getting a better experience for our money than if we'd booked a balcony cabin in Britannia class. As I said on P&O all you really get is a bigger cabin and a butler.

Interesting, guess it comes down to what you want to get out of it. Frankly we have had suites on more than 60 occasions with P&O and find we are looked after fantastically, not just because we are 'regulars' but we know what we want. We used to have a 'butlers request' list that we would give to the butler on the first day but now they know our requirements and ensure that the service we get is superb. We also tip them extremely well.

If you 'don't ask you don't get' is quite a good motto.

Bal

Perhaps that's my trouble I'm not very demanding.

The next time there's no sun on my balcony I'll be sure to ask the captain to turn the ship around.;)

Of course other cruise lines are more expensive. I was comparing being in a suite to being in another grade of cabin on P&O. My point was that you really don't get much for the extra you pay. Our next cruise is in the Qgrill on Cunard. It's certainly costing more than P&O but I'm sure that for the money we are paying we will be getting a better experience for our money than if we'd booked a balcony cabin in Britannia class. As I said on P&O all you really get is a bigger cabin and a butler.

Well you are the one who mentioned other cruise companies? The difference between queens grill and Britannia on Cunard is far more than suite to balcony on P&O so you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well you are the one who mentioned other cruise companies? The difference between queens grill and Britannia on Cunard is far more than suite to balcony on P&O so you get what you pay for.

Yes I did and perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I suppose I meant that other cruise companies treat passengers in their more expensive cabins better that P&O. On Cunard there are 4 classes with each one getting more favourable treatment than the other. So you do get what you pay for. On P&O I don't think you do.

Yes I did and perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I suppose I meant that other cruise companies treat passengers in their more expensive cabins better that P&O. On Cunard there are 4 classes with each one getting more favourable treatment than the other. So you do get what you pay for. On P&O I don't think you do.

Well we must agree to differ as I do.

Well I’ve booked a suite for one reason. Our own two sunbeds on the balcony 😎.

All other perks I could take or leave them.....Butler. No Extra space in suite don’t spend enough time inside , priority boarding. Nice but not a winner , breakfast at Sindhu, nice again but not a game changer , whirlpool bath. Waiting for knee replacement and can’t get in and out of bath 😬, Slippers and robe. Def no. Champagne chocolates and flowers. Very nice

Expensive Sunbeds I guess 😂

Well I’ve booked a suite for one reason. Our own two sunbeds on the balcony [emoji41].

All other perks I could take or leave them.....Butler. No Extra space in suite don’t spend enough time inside , priority boarding. Nice but not a winner , breakfast at Sindhu, nice again but not a game changer , whirlpool bath. Waiting for knee replacement and can’t get in and out of bath [emoji51], Slippers and robe. Def no. Champagne chocolates and flowers. Very nice

Expensive Sunbeds I guess [emoji23]

We love the sun loungers on the balcony especially sea days. We usually go for an aft suite but couldn't get one this time so we booked midship on Britannia this time and I'm gutted to find out the balcony doesn't have sunloungers or a full size table for dinner on the balcony [emoji45]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Forums mobile app

...........I'm gutted to find out the balcony doesn't have sunloungers or a full size table for dinner on the balcony.

Have you looked at MSC Yacht Club, you’ll get all that plus a lot more and currently cheaper than Pando, maybe not for long! The MSC Preziosa sails out of Barbados like Britannia with the added bonus of no sea days just 14 ports of call on your 15 day/14 night cruise, flights direct from Gatwick.

They are also offering Loyalty Match with any other cruise line which will give you 5-15%discount over and above the TA discount. The bargains on offer wouldn’t last for long as already it’s getting difficult to get a YC deluxe suite in the next 12 to 18 months - worth a shot, we are testing them next February and really looking forward to the exceptional service on offer.