St. Lucia - Best Beaches and Things To Do Near Port

SeaWatcher65

Thinking about the speedboat ride to Sugar Beach (Jalousie Beach) but seems like a long ride. Is there a nice beach we can get to by taxi? Anything else fun to do near the Port? Here's what I found so far. Just looking for a nice beach and some good food for lunch.

Pigeon Island - north end of island, minimal snorkeling, 30-45 minutes away

Réduit Beach, $30 taxi ride, beach is free, $20 for 2 chairs and umbrella.Allow extra time to return to ship, only one road and can be busy.

Vigie Beach, close to port 5-10 minute taxi ride, $10 one-way.Small boardwalk with local food, drinks, and clean restrooms.No snorkeling.Traffic, road and airport nearby.Charge for bathroom use?

Not sure if this would be of interest, but i have just booked a day pass for the Rendezvous resort near Vigie Beach. Its adults only & looks lovely. $105 which includes use of all facilities, lunch, afternoon tea & drinks. 10am-6pm. Just a short taxi ride from the port :):):)

I really enjoyed Vigie Beach when we docked in St. Lucia. Much prettier beach and more relaxing, IMO, than Sugar. It is close to the port and there are several places to get food and drink. I did not have to pay to use the bathrooms there. If you are wanting more to do, then Spencer Ambrose offers an excursion to Sugar (Jalousie). The snorkeling there is good and his excursion includes drinks, lunch, and lounger. We had a really good time when we did this a few years ago. Plus the ride there and back had great photo opps. Just depends on what you want.

2PinaColadas and Gemsy10, thanks for the info. We're a group of 16. My hubby and I will go to Viggie Beach and I am going to toss the Rendevous day pass idea out there for anyone else in our group in case they are interested. Have a great trip. We are getting excited for our cruise. It's three islands we have never visited. Five ports in six days may be a bit much but we are getting very excited.

2PinaColadas and Gemsy10, thanks for the info. We're a group of 16. My hubby and I will go to Viggie Beach and I am going to toss the Rendevous day pass idea out there for anyone else in our group in case they are interested. Have a great trip. We are getting excited for our cruise. It's three islands we have never visited. Five ports in six days may be a bit much but we are getting very excited.

As an FYI, Rendezvous is actually located on one end of Vigie, section .called Malabar Beach. It's all one long Beach along the bay - you actually pass Rendezvous on the walk/drive to Vigie Boardwalk.

Rendezvous is adults and couples only.. They usually will not do odd number day passes, and often won't sell them if it's peak season and they're full, etc, to ensure their guests are not overwhelmed ..

Enjoy.

As an FYI, Rendezvous is actually located on one end of Vigie, section .called Malabar Beach. It's all one long Beach along the bay - you actually pass Rendezvous on the walk/drive to Vigie Boardwalk.

Rendezvous is adults and couples only.. They usually will not do odd number day passes, and often won't sell them if it's peak season and they're full, etc, to ensure their guests are not overwhelmed ..

Enjoy.

Reedprincess, can we get a van/taxi right at the port for 8 to Viggie Beach or do you suggest we arrange something in advance.

Reedprincess, can we get a van/taxi right at the port for 8 to Viggie Beach or do you suggest we arrange something in advance.

Yes, vans/buses that seat 8 or more are readily available at the port. Shouldn't be more than $20 one way for a larger van transfer vs the smaller taxi transfer at $10..

• 2 weeks later...
Is there Chairs and umbrella's for rent at Vigie Beach? entrance fee? Is it rocky? deep or shallow entrance to the ocean? we have a large group of different ages...

The had all been answered on the Vigie Beach thread a few posts down.

But again, no worries..

Chairs for rent. No umbrellas as there's tons if natural shade - tons.

No entrance fee.

Several local food outlets/Bars on the Boardwalk.

Restrooms available, $1XCD to use.

Gentle sloping sandy entrance, Sandy bottom for the most part. Usually pretty calm as its a large bay, may get a tad rough if there's super rough seas that day..

Very enjoyable spot for a day.

Not sure if this would be of interest, but i have just booked a day pass for the Rendezvous resort near Vigie Beach. Its adults only & looks lovely. $105 which includes use of all facilities, lunch, afternoon tea & drinks. 10am-6pm. Just a short taxi ride from the port :):):)

Did you book directly with the Rendezvous Resort or some other way?

Is there Chairs and umbrella's for rent at Vigie Beach? entrance fee? Is it rocky? deep or shallow entrance to the ocean? we have a large group of different ages...

Yes, there are chairs and umbrellas for rent. We negotiated a price with one of the vendors. There is no entrance fee. It is a shallow entrance...easy to get in and out :)

• 4 weeks later...
Thinking about the speedboat ride to Sugar Beach (Jalousie Beach) but seems like a long ride. Is there a nice beach we can get to by taxi? Anything else fun to do near the Port? Here's what I found so far. Just looking for a nice beach and some good food for lunch.

Pigeon Island - north end of island, minimal snorkeling, 30-45 minutes away

Réduit Beach, $30 taxi ride, beach is free, $20 for 2 chairs and umbrella.Allow extra time to return to ship, only one road and can be busy.

Vigie Beach, close to port 5-10 minute taxi ride, $10 one-way.Small boardwalk with local food, drinks, and clean restrooms.No snorkeling.Traffic, road and airport nearby.Charge for bathroom use?

Does Vigile Beach have loungers and umbrellas?

Does Vigile Beach have loungers and umbrellas?

Literally the post before yours has the answer:

Yes, there are chairs and umbrellas for rent. We negotiated a price with one of the vendors. There is no entrance fee. It is a shallow entrance...easy to get in and out :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm curious has anyone visited Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia? I was thinking about that beach for the day

Lots of people have. It's beautiful. It $1.5 hours from port, expect a cab to run $200+ round trip. Leave plenty of time for return, there's really only one road. it's an interesting road to the resort from the highway, to say the least - 2 mile dort road hugging the edge of the cliff. Fun times. Black sand, great snorkeling, good beach bar and restaurant (pricey, but good). Enjoy.

we took a boat from the port many years ago to Anse Chastanet...is that still an option?

Yup, you can hire a water taxi, runs about $300 or so one way for 4-6 passengers. There's several tours that make a stop at Anse Chastenet by water for snorkeling, ie Mystic Man, Carnival Sailing, Endless Summer, etc. It's usually about an hour stop for swimming/snorkeling

Yup, you can hire a water taxi, runs about $300 or so one way for 4-6 passengers. There's several tours that make a stop at Anse Chastenet by water for snorkeling, ie Mystic Man, Carnival Sailing, Endless Summer, etc. It's usually about an hour stop for swimming/snorkeling

Thanks for the information. Since we will have our two grand-children 3 and 1, I think it'll be easier to just go to Vigie Beach. I did not realize how far Anse Chastenet is from the port....maybe next time when we don't have the children ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 1:16 PM, reedprincess said:

The had all been answered on the Vigie Beach thread a few posts down.

But again, no worries..

Chairs for rent. No umbrellas as there's tons if natural shade - tons.

No entrance fee.

Several local food outlets/Bars on the Boardwalk.

Restrooms available, $1XCD to use.

Gentle sloping sandy entrance, Sandy bottom for the most part. Usually pretty calm as its a large bay, may get a tad rough if there's super rough seas that day..

Very enjoyable spot for a day.

Do you need to have $1 in change for the restroom, or do you just pay someone a $1?

6 hours ago, gaylemh said:

Do you need to have $1 in change for the restroom, or do you just pay someone a $1?

However you want to do it. If you have a $1 bill, or four quarters or 10 dimes or whatever, it works. They'll have a small amount of change, if you only have a $5, for instance,  but not much change available from the restroom attendants - it may take a bit for them to go make change at a bar. Easier to do it yourself..