Early Saver or Select

postie63

As others have said "You pays your money you takes your choice" we like to select our cabin, as strangely (Or so it seems) my wife likes to feel the ship moving, so we always book frwd on the Lido deck.

Also second sitting, big table, set dining is what we enjoy, so the fact that we can book both cabin position and dining options with select booking, and the on board credit we get (£450 on our upcoming R815) means that is for us.

This made me smile as we booked early saver and have been allocated frwd on lido deck and second sitting for dinner... Exactly what we would have chosen...

This made me smile as we booked early saver and have been allocated frwd on lido deck and second sitting for dinner... Exactly what we would have chosen...

But would you be smiling if you were given a cabin below/above theatre or at the aft of the ship above the show lounge and being given first sitting. I very much doubt it but you have been lucky this time if you always book Saver/Early Saver you might not be so lucky and it could ruin your cruise its a gamble.

But would you be smiling if you were given a cabin below/above theatre or at the aft of the ship above the show lounge and being given first sitting. I very much doubt it but you have been lucky this time if you always book Saver/Early Saver you might not be so lucky and it could ruin your cruise its a gamble.

We only booked this one early saver as it was very cheap, so was treating it like an extra holiday. We wouldn’t have booked it if we had to pay full price.

Early saver does give you the option of the grade of cabin, so you can see on the deck plan a choice of places you are likely to be.

We are pretty laid back and would have enjoyed the cruise wherever we were put. Earplugs are a wonderful thing...

For our main holiday, we will definitely book select as we know where we want to be on Britannia as have been on her before, we had no preference for Aurora.

Each to their own.

Our last cruise on Azura was a late booking, no choice. We were very happy with our cabin. I notice that the late deals are much more expensive this year.

For those that follow prices from their inception some of the late Saver deals are as dear as what the Select fares were initially. But P&O are relying on people not monitoring prices and book thinking they are getting a great deal.