Everything quantum!!!!!!

We're on Feb 20 sailing. Driving from NH. About 4.5 hours. We'll check the weather that week and decide whether to go a day early. But a day in the city is always a blast! The half price ticket booth gets regular visits from me!

Hi, All! I have no Quantum news to share (wish I did), but I am booked on the inaugural transatlantic on11/2/2014. So excited! My brother, sis-in-law and nephew are on Long Island, so it's a perfect way to extend my vacation once the crossing is over. I've subscribed to this thread and will try to post some actual ship pics in about 419 days. :)

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Genevieve Gorder was announced yesterday to be the first of many celebrity advisors on the design of the ship and it's spaces. They will also be documenting the celebrity advisory sessions and posting them on the website. Genevieve is advising on the suite designs. Below is the link to the first of her design advisory videos. At least it's something new to look at :rolleyes:;)

[url]http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/362/genevieve-gorder-episode-1-diving-into-ship-design/[/url]

[quote name='Kenlorz']Genevieve Gorder was announced yesterday to be the first of many celebrity advisors on the design of the ship and it's spaces. They will also be documenting the celebrity advisory sessions and posting them on the website. Genevieve is advising on the suite designs. Below is the link to the first of her design advisory videos. At least it's something new to look at :rolleyes:;)

[URL]http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/362/genevieve-gorder-episode-1-diving-into-ship-design/[/URL][/quote]

This clip is amazing to understand the work behind the scenes that goes into choosing the colours and décor choices for a new RCCL ship! Applause applause for the planning team!!

[quote name='dedosr']I advise you both to arrive a day or so earlier, and spend the day in the city, and a night in a hotel. I would hate to see you miss your cruise due to bad weather.

We will be on the 3/21/15 eight day sailing. I picked this date to hopefully avoid bad winter weather. Although we are only 1 1/2 hours away, it is always a concern. On our Ft Lauderdale departures, we always arrive a day early and spend the night in a hotel.[/QUOTE]

We always get there a day early so we can relax, hit the beach and not be so stressed, plus we get to the port early and have usually gotten right on the ship too. With our sailing being 1/3/15, we may even go 2 days early so that we can take in the sites if the weather holds up. It's not like I'll have to take DD out of school an extra day because she'll be just coming off of Xmas break, just board the dog longer.

[quote name='Kenlorz']Genevieve Gorder was announced yesterday to be the first of many celebrity advisors on the design of the ship and it's spaces. They will also be documenting the celebrity advisory sessions and posting them on the website. Genevieve is advising on the suite designs. Below is the link to the first of her design advisory videos. At least it's something new to look at :rolleyes:;)

[URL]http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/362/genevieve-gorder-episode-1-diving-into-ship-design/[/URL][/quote]

Big fan of Genevieve Gorder. Remember her from Trading Spaces. Glad to see her again. Wonder who the other celebrities are.

[quote name='Lloyd555']Big fan of Genevieve Gorder. Remember her from Trading Spaces. Glad to see her again. Wonder who the other celebrities are.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. Specifically about the dining. I'm thinking that could even be why we really haven't heard much about dining yet. If there is to be a specific celebrity chef advisor, then perhaps we will even see a restaurant from that particular chef. Hmmm, let's see, what celebrity chefs have restaurants out there? Emeril Lagasse, Bobby Flay, Rachel Ray, Guy Fieri, Giada (whatever her last name is), Mario Bartali, Paula Deen...

I doubt it would be Guy, because he already has ties to other lines. A real kick in the pants would be if it was Paula Deen. I know she has 2 fan cruises booked with RCCL on the Mariner for 2014, but after she got in hot water back in the early summer, RCCL publicly stated that they have never had any official association or contract with her. That would turn out to be a awkward pickle :p. Personally, I would love to see Bobby Flay or Mario. My DH would be in his glory if it were Rachel Ray. Time will tell!

[quote name='Kenlorz']I'm wondering the same thing. Specifically about the dining. I'm thinking that could even be why we really haven't heard much about dining yet. If there is to be a specific celebrity chef advisor, then perhaps we will even see a restaurant from that particular chef. Hmmm, let's see, what celebrity chefs have restaurants out there? Emeril Lagasse, Bobby Flay, Rachel Ray, Guy Fieri, Giada (whatever her last name is), Mario Bartali, Paula Deen...

I doubt it would be Guy, because he already has ties to other lines. A real kick in the pants would be if it was Paula Deen. I know she has 2 fan cruises booked with RCCL on the Mariner for 2014, but after she got in hot water back in the early summer, RCCL publicly stated that they have never had any official association or contract with her. That would turn out to be a awkward pickle :p. Personally, I would love to see Bobby Flay or Mario. My DH would be in his glory if it were Rachel Ray. Time will tell![/quote]

You know who it probably wouldn't be, Gorden Ramsey. I don't think RCCL want an angry guy coming out and yelling at people. (With a film crew standing near by ;))

My guess would be Wolfgang Puck. He's already "branched out" to airports, etc... would be amazing pizza place instead of the usual sorrento's hockey pucks!

But my dream chef: Nobu Matsuhita! that would take Izumi to another level. Don't think even RCI could afford him though!:rolleyes:

[quote name='topanga49er']My guess would be Wolfgang Puck. He's already "branched out" to airports, etc... would be amazing pizza place instead of the usual sorrento's hockey pucks!

But my dream chef: Nobu Matsuhita! that would take Izumi to another level. Don't think even RCI could afford him though!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

My vote would be for Lagasse. Emeril's is one of my all time faves and is on par (IMHO) with the quality currently presented in 150 on the Oasis Class ships. Personally would LOVE to see a low country/Creole/Cajun inspired specialty dining experience.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='topanga49er']My guess would be Wolfgang Puck. He's already "branched out" to airports, etc... would be amazing pizza place instead of the usual sorrento's hockey pucks!

But my dream chef: Nobu Matsuhita! that would take Izumi to another level. Don't think even RCI could afford him though!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he has ties to another cruise line.... Princess maybe :confused: or maybe it was Crystal :confused: I can't remember which one for the life of me :rolleyes:

[quote name='Lumric']You know who it probably wouldn't be, Gorden Ramsey. I don't think RCCL want an angry guy coming out and yelling at people. (With a film crew standing near by ;))[/QUOTE]

Now that's funny :D Could you imagine!
The more I think about it, I'm leaning toward it being Bobby Flay. Only because he doesn't have other CL affiliations (at least none that I can think of....someone correct me if I'm wrong) AND because he has both burger joints as well as fine dining in his current restaurant portfolio. That would mean they could feature his Burger Palace (which would be a big step up from Johnny Rockets IMO... except for the milkshakes, of course :p) OR they could go with his fine dining and do an upscale pay restaurant, or BOTH. I guess time will EVENTUALLY tell (although they are certainly good as keeping their mouths shut :rolleyes:)

[quote name='Kenlorz']Now that's funny :D Could you imagine!
The more I think about it, I'm leaning toward it being Bobby Flay. Only because he doesn't have other CL affiliations (at least none that I can think of....someone correct me if I'm wrong) AND because he has both burger joints as well as fine dining in his current restaurant portfolio. That would mean they could feature his Burger Palace (which would be a big step up from Johnny Rockets IMO... except for the milkshakes, of course :p) OR they could go with his fine dining and do an upscale pay restaurant, or BOTH. I guess time will EVENTUALLY tell (although they are certainly good as keeping their mouths shut :rolleyes:)[/QUOTE]

I spoke with a national sales rep a few weeks ago and asked when more details might be forthcoming. Her response was that those of us on cruise critic usually know the latest info before the sales staff even has a clue.

[quote name='CTRussxiii']I spoke with a national sales rep a few weeks ago and asked when more details might be forthcoming. Her response was that those of us on cruise critic usually know the latest info before the sales staff even has a clue.
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately true! Even my TA has said to me, "okay, I'll tell you when that information comes out, even though I know you'll probably know before me." Ha! :D And true. :o

Kind of early to be looking for any kind of great booking incentives for sailings more than a year away don't ya think?

Kind of early to be looking for any kind of great booking incentives for sailings more than a year away don't ya think?

Not necessarily, When I booked Quantum 2 weeeks ago, I saved 17%! Quite happy with the deal! The only disappointing thing is that I have to wait so long to do North Star and Ripcord. But that being said, I will be on the Royal Princess in 57 days.....and counting:):)

Sorry don't have a link, new to this IPad, sorry but just go to http://www.royal Caribbean.com and take a look.:eek:

Was hoping it would apply to my oasis cruise. Nope.

Oasis is going to Spain???????? :eek:

Oasis is leaving ft lauderdale for Europe to be dry docked. It will be doing a TA from here to Europe. Do 2 round trip cruises. Then cruise to Rotterdam for dry dock. I'm picking her up in rotterdam and bringing her back to ft lauderdale.