Britannia - Cookery Club

markfull

Hi

On Britannia for the TA in Oct/Nov and we are interested in attending a class at the Cookery Club. Itinerary is just available.

Unfortunately the Thai Street Food class is on a port day in the afternoon so unlikely to do that one but interested in either Italian Bistro or Spanish Tapas. The descriptions are a little basic ('A taste of Spanish Tapas' - no s*** Sherlock!!) so wondering if anyone has experience of either of these?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

We saw him on Ventura some years ago and he came across so much better than on TV!

I don't have any experience of this but I took part in the Marco Pierre White cookery club which was SO much fun. I don't really care about cooking but it was still a really really fun morning.. :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I've not been watching the forums for a while so just saw this - the Tapas is good. I left my wife to do the cooking and went back at the end to sample the result - very good. I don't recall all the dishes but I think there were 4 of them, and they were all simple and effective. The prep was already done by the team, all the cleaning and washing up was done by them, the class did the cooking (instruction was excellent) and all I did was eat the food!

Later in the week my wife did another class with James Martin, and I again joined in at the end to help eat the fish course. That one was expensive, though worth it.

I've not been watching the forums for a while so just saw this - the Tapas is good. I left my wife to do the cooking and went back at the end to sample the result - very good. I don't recall all the dishes but I think there were 4 of them, and they were all simple and effective. The prep was already done by the team, all the cleaning and washing up was done by them, the class did the cooking (instruction was excellent) and all I did was eat the food!

Later in the week my wife did another class with James Martin, and I again joined in at the end to help eat the fish course. That one was expensive, though worth it.

Thanks.

Have booked the Tapas. We're both foodies so we'll do it together!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I tried the perfect pasta on a recent Britannia cruise. I like to holiday in Italy and the pasta recipes we did were nothing like i've eaten in Italy for all the wrong reasons. The tortellini wasn't the right shape and the sauces weren't nice - the crab with tagliatelle had far too much lemon juice. I guess they prepare dishes in the same way as they do in the main kitchens, but it wasn't authentic Italian food. At £45 it was a lot less than some of the onshore excursions so was fun to do, but a little disappointed with the recipes we tried. If they taught a proper ragu recipe that would be ideal.