kids shows on TV? - fascination

kimmiecruises

In an effort to pack less we are hoping to leave the DVD player at home. will there be enough on TV to entertain kids, 4, 6 and 9? I see there will be abc, nbc, cbs, etc and a couple movie channels, just not sure what kind of movies. thank you!

There are also the clubs for the kids which provide good activity and entertainment- and different from what they do at home.

In an effort to pack less we are hoping to leave the DVD player at home. will there be enough on TV to entertain kids, 4, 6 and 9? I see there will be abc, nbc, cbs, etc and a couple movie channels, just not sure what kind of movies. thank you!

I was on the Ecstasy last week with my 21 month old son and was glad we brought the portable DVD player. They played Horton Hears a Who a few times on the movie channel, and they do have Cartoon Network but it is not the same as it is in the U.S.. Now having said that, we only really needed it while we were getting ready for dinner. We really were not in the room a whole lot.

Thanks! I should have specified just while we were in the cabin dressing, etc.

5waldos - they are not sure they want to go to the club since they will be separated by the age groups, but I think they may change their mind when they see it.

astros77, sounds like we should bring it, the time we need Horton may not be the time they show it :rolleyes:

Just got off the PRide with a 5 year old.

She did not want to go back to the camp after the first morning. (spent many months talking about going to the camp every day too)

we did not take the DVD player-- for one its hard to hook up.

Whatever tv she did get to see-- she watched from her bed (cartoon channel)

Her favorite thing to watch was the MAP channel.

Bill I found a list of stations on Carnival's site and the mention of pay per view, I hope they have the movies like you say, we don't plan on spending extra time in the cabin, but there will be 5 so it will take a little time to get ready.....

No there is always 3 channels of free movies, besides the pay per view stuff.

We just watch whatever is on the free channels. (usually movies just out on DVD)

Bill

My kids were 4, 6 and 9 on our cruise. We did not bring a DVD player

or hand-held video games. I brought my laptop but no movies. If you are

bringing a laptop that has a DVD player, bring a couple movies/videos. It'll be easier than hauling a separate DVD player.

We had the TV on a lot but I honestly don't remember what was

on it. I'm pretty sure that cartoon network was on a lot. And

the "map" channel and the news (CNN or CNBC or something like that).

I half remember Disney or Nickolodean (sp?) channel - nauseating amounts of Sponge Bob and/or iCarly and Suite Life on deck. Maybe that was some other vacation.

My 4 and 6 year olds did not really care for Camp Carnival. They went once but did not want to go a second time. My 9 year old

really enjoyed Camp and not having to hang out with the family all the time.

My 4 year old was not tall enough for the water slide but loved the mini-golf.

I'll ask my kids about the TV - they remember everything - and I'll post back.

hb5

Bill, sounds like we're covered with the movies then.

hb5 - good idea about the laptop, thanks! and for checking with the kids, I know, they remember everything! Hoping the kids will like camp so there's some kid-free time, but we are going with the "family vacation" thinking.

Archived