New Itineries

emam

When the Captain announced the sale of Oriana I think he also said there are going to be new itineries, ports of call and a new Eric Lanyard afternoon tea.

The new Eric Lanyard afternoon tea can only be a blessing --------------------------- :eek:

What on earth is an Eric Lanyard afternoon tea. Never heard of him.

Totally confused me as well Jean, but a google came up with this (seems the guy has written a book as well)

https://www.pocruises.com/explore/articles/cruise-life/eric-lanlard-talks-afternoon-tea/

Another spending opportunity - we are so lucky aren't we? :rolleyes:

We never saw people dressed up going for tea, but then again we were never near Epicurean at tea time.

Actually there was never many people in there at all.

I thought I had his name wrong but wrote it on the coach on our way home and couldn't check.

How are they going to do new itineries? Or do they mean when the new ones are announced?

Eric lanyard is one of P&O "food heroes" and I'd only heard of him because when you look online at cruises he's sometimes on board like Marco Pierre White etc.

How are they going to do new itineries? Or do they mean when the new ones are announced?

Eric lanyard is one of P&O "food heroes" and I'd only heard of him because when you look online at cruises he's sometimes on board like Marco Pierre White etc.

Eric Lanlard is the food hero.

Eric Lanlard tea is not to everybody’s taste but is an interesting experience. Very civilised and you don’t have to dress up.

On the Britannia maiden, he was onboard for a few days in the cookery school. We decided to try out his tea experience and were pleased when, unannounced and unscheduled, he came in and took time to talk to every table, have ‘selfies’ taken and sign the menu cards which we were allowed to take with us. A very pleasant and talented guy.

Eric Lanlard is the food hero.

Yes ONE of them as I said. We were on a cruise when Olly Smith was onboard and went on a wine tasting trip with him - fun guy and a really enjoyable trip

Yes ONE of them as I said. We were on a cruise when Olly Smith was onboard and went on a wine tasting trip with him - fun guy and a really enjoyable trip

Same here Sue. One of the best things I've done with P&O. Surprised anybody who cruises regularly with P&O doesn't know `about Eric Lanyard. I wouldn't be interested in going to an afternoon tea but have certainly seen his name mentioned widely in Horizon

When the Captain announced the sale of Oriana I think he also said there are going to be new itineries, ports of call and a new Eric Lanyard afternoon tea.

Seems unlikely that there would be many new itineraries with losing the smaller ship, which is able to call at more ports than the new big ones. Indeed it is because of their more interesting itineraries that we have sailed with Fred recently rather than P&O who just stick to the same old ones. Fred of course has all smaller ships. But it would be good news if it is true!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same here Sue. One of the best things I've done with P&O. Surprised anybody who cruises regularly with P&O doesn't know `about Eric Lanyard. I wouldn't be interested in going to an afternoon tea but have certainly seen his name mentioned widely in Horizon

We sail with PandO at least once a year, and the name Eric Lanyard was new to me :o

Although I am aware of Eric Lanlard, I usually sail aboard Oriana or Aurora so have not had the option of trying his afternoon tea. The savoury options available really don't appeal to me so it is unlikely that I would choose to pay the £15 - £20 supplement for this. It is currently featured on ships from Arcadia upwards in terms of ship size.

Fly cruises to India, according to Captain Turnbull last week.

I think you will find fly cruises to India are already on sale as part of Oceana's fly cruises from Dubai in winter 2019/20.

I think you will find fly cruises to India are already on sale as part of Oceana's fly cruises from Dubai in winter 2019/20.

Another sad thing for me. I loved Oceana but don’t fly so very disappointed to see she’s not cruising from Southampton at all from 2019, I hope she come back one day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see there are a couple late 2019, but I got the impression that he was talking about something else.

It is very difficult to look at the Oceana fly cruises on line as they are offering ones that overlap, so only one visit to India between them. Looking again there seems to be only one visit to India in 2019 (early Dec), but there are another two in 2020 (late Jan and early March).

I needed to use the 'ports of call' site to get my head round that, it originally looked like there were more like five visits as P&O are selling numerous cruises when Indian ports are included. I am not totally convinced they would be able to sell a whole season to India, but we will see. Probably depends how the Oceana ones sell in 2019/20.

We are booked on a Fred cruise from Sri Lanka to Dubai in Feb 2020 with a number of days in ports up the coast of India. We intend to spend time in various parts of Sri Lanka pre cruise - we have toured Sri Lanka before and loved it, so can go to different places this time.

We are now looking to a combination of land holidays and cruises (which are useful to get from one place to another and visit some unusual ports). P&O do not fit the bill so easily there though as they do not offer cruise only prices. We are keen to book our own long haul flights now as we can then stop over in other places or airport hotels (there is an airside hotel in Dubai), so we do not have to fly overnight. Can also stay as long as we want then as well.

Edited by tring