Weather in November

ceba

We will be sailing on the Nautica, Athens to Dubai, November 16 this year. I’ve researched the temps in each port during that time but I’m interested if anyone here has first hand experience with this itinerary in Nov. Primarily how hot/cold was Israel, Egypt (Valley of the Kings) and the temps sailing the Suez Canal and the Red Sea? Did you need cold weather jackets? I know the temps will rise the closer we get to Oman and Dubai. Thank you for any insight you might have.

Kathleen

We will be sailing on the Nautica, Athens to Dubai, November 16 this year. I’ve researched the temps in each port during that time but I’m interested if anyone here has first hand experience with this itinerary in Nov. Primarily how hot/cold was Israel, Egypt (Valley of the Kings) and the temps sailing the Suez Canal and the Red Sea? Did you need cold weather jackets? I know the temps will rise the closer we get to Oman and Dubai. Thank you for any insight you might have.

Kathleen

Egypt, particularly Luxor, is hot, hot, hot whenever you go, but November is a tough call in Israel, even on warm days, because it can fall into the fifties at night.

As a general rule, when planning a cruise we assume that the temperature of the ship will be 10 degrees lower than the nearest port, whenever she is sailing out of sight of land, and about the same as that port, when she is within sight of land. :halo:

We did a land trip to Israel in November 2006. Obviously quite a while ago!

I recall mostly comfortable weather, but the day we were at Masada it was brutally hot. Made me sure not to visit in the summer time in the future, though.

Mura

Thank you both for your input. We were in India and Dubai last Nov and the weather was warm enough for summer clothes. A few years back I was in the Med in Nov and it was cool. There’s just all those places in between that could be a little of both!

Kathleen