Hotels near Sharm dock?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, are you just back from your Thomson cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:53 PM.
Seascale,Cumbria,U.K.
5,727 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
We had an excellent stay at the Baron Palms hotel, which is worthy of 5*, but it was a long way from down town Sharm, way past the airport, up north.
Next year, we'd like to stay closer to the port, so that we can swim immediately on leaving the ship. Have any of you stayed in a good hotel nearer the action?
jocap.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jo.
20 cruises; 11 ships; 8 lines; 94 ports
ENGLAND
41 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Hi Jocap

I did the 'Red sea magic' cruise and stay and have been back about 2 weeks

Cruise was great and the hotel we stayed in when we got back was the Iberotel Palace.

Its a great hotel ....its in the Thompson Platinum range 5 star and very good . It has its own sandy beach excellent for swimming has its own boat that takes you out to the corals for better swimming and the docks are 5- 10 minutes away......you can see the ships funnel from the beach.

Look on tripadvisor I would agree with all that is said .....when We go back we shall stay there again I'VE EVEN PICKED THE ROOM
Seascale,Cumbria,U.K.
5,727 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Thank you for that, Ciderman. It's not that we were unhappy with our hotel, but the thought of actually seeing the funnels is great! Hotel noted for next year.
Jo.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jo.
Seascale,Cumbria,U.K.
5,727 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Ciderman- we've booked that hotel for a week next Jan, followed by the cruise. Because we've got in so early, we've got the AI for £49, which is excellent!
Thanks again.
Jo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S6301815.jpg (23.3 KB, 5 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jo.