Going from Balcony cabin to Inside Cabin?

Djford75

My family always cruises with a balcony cabin.... we would like to do a B2B this coming spring and get an inside cabin on the Lido. Only because of the cost difference is so big.

What do you all think? Am I crazy?

Is it too dark? Too quiet?

With the B2B I was looking at.....it was close to $900 different from a balcony to inside.

Worth the money? Opinion I guess

No, I don't think it's worth it.

If I were to book an interior it would definitely be on Lido or Panorama deck, you are only steps from being outside. Enjoy your inside B2B and save the balcony money for drinks and excursions!

The advantage of an inside cabin on the lido deck is that you are close to the pool, the outdoor food and there is an open deck in the front of the ship that is hardly ever used

if your famiky feels closed in by the inside 4 walls

Because it is an inside cabin, you will probably only be in your cabin to sleep and shower...you should be ok because the cost savings allows you to do B2B

I think if I had to choose, I'd go with the back to back and give up the balcony. As a smoker, I'd survive running up to Lido and give up what little time I'd spend on that balcony. My next cruise is an inside, but cost prohibits the balcony, especially as a solo.

We have done this on B2Bs and have no problem - as much as I love a balcony I would rather have an inside cabin on deck 1 if it meant I could cruise longer. We spend so little time in our cabin that it is not a big deal to us - we have found many cozy private areas on the ship. Being retired, money is an issue with us and we want the biggest bang for our buck. Flights from Northern Ontario are a killer and this is why we do b2bs - if it is costing us an arm and a leg to fly why not spend more time on the cruise.

My family always cruises with a balcony cabin.... we would like to do a B2B this coming spring and get an inside cabin on the Lido. Only because of the cost difference is so big.

What do you all think? Am I crazy?

Is it too dark? Too quiet?

My first couple of cruises with Carnival I did inside cabins, then I checked on a balcony, it was about twice as much money, I then thought what the heck I could go twice on the cruise instead of getting a balcony, from then on I have always done B2B cruises, and now I try to get the Port Hole cabins as they are less than just the inside, why spend the extra money to stay on the Lido deck? go with deck 1 or 2 just watch out for what is above and beside you.

I saw a show about a Disney boat and it appeared that interior cabins had a video porthole. I would love to see that become standard across the industry. Has anyone had one of those Disney interiors?

Havent seen them, but royal Caribbean is going to have "virtual" interior rooms as well on some of its ships. It will have images of the sky and ocean. They are calling them virtual balconies

Wondered the same thing not too long ago, because we were bringing the kids and booking 2 rooms. Went with insides on the Lido. It worked out fine. We stayed busy and really didn't feel like we missed a thing. If you're out at the pool and need to potty or get something to drink, you're right there. I wouldn't hesitate, especially for $900!

I saw a show about a Disney boat and it appeared that interior cabins had a video porthole. I would love to see that become standard across the industry. Has anyone had one of those Disney interiors?

Disney really seems to have thought of just about everything, from the video windows to the moving art in frames on the walls! Never did a Disney cruise--I'd throw Mickey overboard--but the show was fascinating!

Save the $$ and do the B2B inside or consider the french door on the Spirit class.

Archived